• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

ThisNickname

Let's Design a Champ!

26 posts in this topic

Hey Angry Army, let's design a champion for League of Legends! It'll be fun maybe!

Here's what I think we should do:

Step #1: Pick a theme.

Let's start by choosing a general design guideline for our champ to follow. This can be pretty much anything so I'm looking forward to seeing what people come up with. We can draw inspiration from a concept, a philosophy, a personality, a mythos, even an object. If you feel like playing, post your suggestions and we'll pick the best one (possibly more?) to move forward with, design a character around, and choose a name for.

Step #2: Abilities!

Once we know what we want our champ to be, we need to decide what they do. This will, of course, follow from the chosen theme, as well as what role we want him/her/it/them to fill (AD, support, mid, jungle, top, tank, fighter, assassin, etc.). This will likely consist of the usual three standard abilities, an ultimate, and a passive, but not all champs fit that mold, so who knows!

Step #3: Appearance!

Bring it to life with art! I imagine this will involve some visual design discussion and notes, followed by some concept sketches and maybe even a sexy splash! With any luck we could get someone a little better 'n me to work on the visuals, but I'll do what I can if need be.

Or this whole thing will be ignored and I'll just be talking to myself. Up to you guys. X)

How about a double yordle champion. Think something like ice climbers in smash bros.

How about a double yordle champion. Think something like ice climbers in smash bros.

I've been thinking about something like that.

But instead it's the person who built all the cop-bots in Piltover.

Like, they summon their "favorite" cop-bot and the summo- player can control both (like Leblanc and her clone).

Although, with something like that, I'm sure this champ is going to be like Elise with the lv 1 R.

Hmmm.

Maybe this champ's damage and abilities can only be done through their cop-bot while the champ hangs back and does other stuff?

I'm trying not to make it into Annie 2.0...

I'm not talking about a transform champion. I'm saying that you control both at the same time like the ice climbers in smash bros.

I'm not talking about a transform champion. I'm saying that you control both at the same time like the ice climbers in smash bros.

No, I mean this champ has their ult available at lv 1.

There are already champions like that. The concept is that you are playing 2 yordles at the exact same time. When you use a skill they both do an animation at the same time. You could have some interesting combos where they do different animations but the animations intersect and you are rewarded for hitting both.

Or using any skill will swap you between them.

Theme  I would go with Ionia since they don't get much love like Demacia and Noxus

There are already champions like that. The concept is that you are playing 2 yordles at the exact same time. When you use a skill they both do an animation at the same time. You could have some interesting combos where they do different animations but the animations intersect and you are rewarded for hitting both.

So like a Dugtrio, but only with two Digletts

There are plenty of transform champions who use their passive and/or ultimate to switch forms. There are also champions who control objects. I am thinking that this be 2 champions that work together to pull off abilities. You could then have interesting animations where they use each other's momentum to throw, pull, or spin each other.

Another idea would be to have only one out at a time but for them to combo in the way fighting games do tag team combos. Using skills would swap you between the two champions. 

A completely different idea could be a champion who instead of transforming, swaps fighting stances. This would allow for some great stance dancing combos like seen in fighting games' stance characters.

I just realized my ideas are coming from fighting games >.<

I just realized my ideas are coming from fighting games >.<

Stances sounds like Udyr.

I would like to see a fighting game-esque character with a hadouken for harass, a senpupupuken for rush down, and a shoryuken for launching. Maybe their ult will be a raging demon, or the "super" version of the skills. Like Karma. Now that I say that, it sounds dumb.

I was thinking of a combo-centric character that relies on cool down and mobility.

Like, has aatrox's e (but instead of a slow ranged attack, it's a far distance melee poke)

Lucian's dash (that damages if it goes through enemies)

And something else; I was thinking a split second counter that if activated, the champ "explodes" in an aoe barrage of slices and slashes, doing some hefty damage. Long cool down of course, and maybe reduced if it doesn't activate. Or maybe have a riven projectile go after the activator of said counter. In that case, true damage sounds appropriate.

Their passive let's them have 0 cd for any skill used twice (example, if E is used after an E, the passive goes off, while using a Q after an E, it would not) with the passive having a reasonable cool down.

And I guess their ult could be a CDR that effects even their passive. Maybe some added damage and speed? Or perhaps special effects to their skills?

They would use a katana, because there's not enough of swords. And of course they'd be Ionian. Or something else?

I unno.

Edit: Now that I'm re-reading it, it sounds like a simpler version of Yasuo.

I personally think we need more Bilgewater peeps

I personally think we need more Bilgewater peeps

Cthulu? We need more squid faces. And evil.

Undead Gangplank's dad? Maybe for vengeance he killed MF's mom? Doesn't make sense, assuming GP's dad had nothing to do with MF's mom... unless they're SIBLINGS!!!!! BUM BUM BUMmmmmm. Or just a terror of the high seas.

Perhaps a champ that's like Scylla? Explain the disappearance of Fizz's people?

A demacian/noxian commodore that softens up to the Bilge Water people and fights in their name and protects them from Demacian/Noxian interferance (or pirates that... heh... rock the boat)?

Hell, maybe in the new lore, Thresh becomes a Bilge Water champ. He's more than suited (and themed for it) and doesn't really need to be a shadow isles guy. And they can play off that Heca killed Lucian's wife. Or got bit by a vamp (maybe Vlad/Vlad's mentor?) and she turned into Evelynn, since that's a popular belief that Eve = Sena. That, and Eve is getting a VU and I think a rework. WHAT IF THRESH IS GANGPLANK'S DAD!? Drama.

Not sure how any of them would play. Give me a couple of days to figure it out.

Another shit idea.

A strong ass grappler. Preferably a lady.

Their Q would be a shoulder tackle, a skill shot that propels them forward until they hit something and stuns them for a second. Would be like 2/3rd's Leona's E.

W would be a (need to be close for it to land, it'll be a single targeted skill) grab that snares/roots them for 3 seconds, and if you press w again, the grappler suplexes/tosses them in the direction of choice (farthest they can be flung is grappler's q's distance in diameter). Maybe have a split second second stun and do some splash damage around them when they hit the ground?

Their E would another close quarter grab (just need to press the button near stuff). The grappler spins around, grabbing anything and everything nearby (for fairness sake, say 2 champs and 5 minions tops?) and then leaps upward off screen with them. And then the player can choose where to land using a circle aoe thingy within a limited area. And when I say land, I mean violently slam, causing splash damage and everyone caught in the slam to knock up/away. The people caught in the initial grab receive more damage than anyone else.

R would be a punch. Similar to Lee Sin's kick. But more wind up and only works on a singular target. And people get sent flying across the map. Like, the longest knock away in game.

Passive? I think it'll be a double passive. The perma one would be that CC skills are only 70% or 80% as effective on grappler. And while during a move, the grappler can absorb one CC ability thrown at him/her (this'll have a cool down when hit with a CC ability).

Not sure on what faction to place them in. Maybe neutral? Have their lore be something along the lines of wanting to be the best fighter ever, and joins the league to test their mettle against legends of battle? Although league doesn't exist, so... I guess it can still work?

Now that I'm reading this, I suppose that much CC is insane. Not to mention CC immunity. Natural low MR? Low Hp or regen? Sacrificing damage/armor seems ridiculous. Low attack speed? Something.

A pirate-ish kind of guy would be fun. Not a captain kind of guy like Gangplank, but, y'know...

I think that grappler idea would suit into a brawler pirate.

... or a duelist, we have very few of them in my opinion, and no one tops Fiora.

A pirate-ish kind of guy would be fun. Not a captain kind of guy like Gangplank, but, y'know...

I think that grappler idea would suit into a brawler pirate.

... or a duelist, we have very few of them in my opinion, and no one tops Fiora.

And not enough sexual puns involving skills from the game. Grappler is a must.

As for a pirate... Perhaps a pirate with a cannon for a leg. And has a rifle. And an eye patch. And a hook.

One of his core skills is "mug" or "pilfer." He steals the other champion's gold. Using his hook.

His ult is like... a sure shot. He shoots up in the air (with his rifle), and it hits an enemy. He targets one enemy, and an aoe circle pops around them (much like pantheon's ult, but it follow the enemy). A second or two before it hits the enemy, the circle stops following them. If they leave the circlc, they're safe. If not, they're hit.

He has to have to use his cannon leg. A skill shot for sure. It acts like Vi's vault breaker if it hits an enemy. Or rather Lissandra's q(?).

Maybe his passive is that his AA range grows for every moment he isn't attacking? That makes him a nice sniper. Although defeats his "mug" skill...

Unless I can make it too is the passive. Work it like Thresh's souls. Except everytime he shoots a champ, they loose gold. It drops on the ground in a pile of gold. They can pick it up to regain all their lost gold, or the pirate guy (or his allies) can get it instead, thus stealing it. Scratch the AA range growing thing then.

And since he's a pirate, he'll fight dirty. He can kick/throw dirt at someone's eyes and blind them. And hooks are nasty. Inflicts grievous wounds when he does his mug? Nah... He can shoot someone's legs and make them slow.

I don't know.

As for another duelest, you can do some chivalry bullshit knight guy. A douche. But instead of epee stance with a rapier (which is Fiora), it's the opposite. Rapier stance with an epee. Or foil. Fencing. Man, fuck Raphael in soul calibur. You can make a Raphael character, lol.

Lots of ideas there, just need to puzzle them together :P

Too right. =)

"Twin", "yordle", "Ionia", "Bilgewater", and "grappler" are the ones that jump out at me, if I were to distill each idea so far down to a single word. I don't really have a selection process in mind, but maybe others want to weigh in on one (or some combination?) of those ideas.

I'd stear us away from trying to establish a kit just yet, until we've got more of a consensus on a theme, that is.

More Female tanks support. Last one was Leona.

Skills: I want to go with Atomic Poison Ivy's 

Secrets of the Forest

"Atomic Poison Ivy shrouds an area around her in fog. For 10 seconds she and allies within the area gain 10 Power Armor. For the duration of the effect Atomic Poison Ivy functions as a mobile Stealth Pad, allowing allies within the fog to enter Stealth while she remains visible."

or something like Superman's

Heat Vision

"Superman fires a blast of Heat Vision at an enemy, dealing 25 Power Damage, knocking them back, and Revealing the target for 2 seconds. During that time, Superman can trigger Heat Vision again, causing him to dash to the Revealed target, dealing 50 Attack Damage."

Sounds Zyra'ish. Wouldn't be a bad idea to make another plant lady

Sounds Zyra'ish. Wouldn't be a bad idea to make another plant lady

Plant man.

Groot.

Make a champ taller than Zed and Zac.

Not really a plant person but someone with that ability. Maybe a Shadow type support from Shadow Isles or Ionia

Not really a plant person but someone with that ability. Maybe a Shadow type support from Shadow Isles or Ionia

Shadow Isles has a lot of champs.

I go for Ionia, so you can get something similar in design to this:

sotc.jpg

I'm scared to ask which one lol