• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Rance

Opinions on Destiny.

43 posts in this topic

Hey! I'm interested in hearing of what you think about Destiny.

Personally I expected more, I would give this game a 7/10 which is good, don't get me wrong here but I expected so much more. When you think about the budget this game had and the developing time put into it. I just can't stop myself from thinking "what did they do with all that time and money?".

The PvE missions are really repetative "go to point A, press square for Peter Dinklage talk mode, then fight off hordes of enemies and maybe a boss that is just the same enemy you have fought 100 times before but with more hp and a fancier name".

The story has to be the biggest dissapointment for me since I really liked what Bungie did in Halo in terms of story. The setting and characters of halo drew me in, Destiny fails at this miserably. The story doesn't seem focused, you are just sent around these different planets for different reasons. There's no likeable or interesting characters here at all. I like Peter Dinklage and he's good as the ghost AI thing but he's just Peter Dinklage. He's not an interesting or deep character like Tyrion from Game of Thrones, he's just Peter Dinklage telling you stuff about the mission. I think this was a wasted oppurtunity here since Peter Dinklage is a really talented actor and they could have done something really special with him. I was hoping that the Ghost would be Destiny's version of Cortana but that's sadly not the case.

The multiplayer however is something that Bungie really have nailed and it's great. I like how you can combine your abilities with your teammates and it feels like every class bring something special to the table that really help the team.

A good multiplayer game with a lackluster story campaign that suffered from being overhyped. What a shame

DREDD likes this

I honestly don't give a damn if its 30 fps or that its on a console. I think it is a lot of fun, and there is a lot of content that isn't visible on the surface. I would probably give it a 7-8/10 The story missions so far are kinda average (story is actually pretty cool), but the raiding missions and the heroic deals are where all the fun is. You just can't get access to them until lvl 20.

EDIT: We will probably see what they did with that time and money in the expansions because that's the current game market unfortunately 

Ghostgamer likes this

I would agree with that score. The story had so much potential but is just mediocre at best. The single player is all right but this game shines in the multiplayer sections, PVP and the Strikes/Raids. I also do enjoy trying to get new armor and such, though the defense has no effect for PVP I do like the designs. Plus that moment when you actually get a legendary piece. I just go my first tonight actually, some awesome looking gauntlets.

All in all I would say yes the game is fun but nothing new along the lines of shooters. If you want an enjoyable multiplayer experience I would reccomend but if you are looking for story I suggest passing.

It's Diablo for FPS fans. I am having fun but I like my RPG's and was looking forward to the story.

I could get past the non existant story but the single player missions are really what makes me hate the PvE content. They are ALL the same. Go to a place, activate something, fight of hordes of enemies, repeat. Every single story mission after earth have been this way.

I think the Single player missions are there to just familiarize you with the locations and give purpose to strike missions and what not. I have a feeling that the expansions are when the story starts to actually do something.

Which is unacceptable. We shouldn't have to wait for expansions and pay more money for the story to finally take off.

Basicly this, people keep talking about how the "expansions" will fix the game and complete the story, I just find that absolutley disgusting.

I just got a Hand Cannon called the "Nifty_Biscuit"

Should have been Cynical_Biscuit.

0/10

Basicly this, people keep talking about how the "expansions" will fix the game and complete the story, I just find that absolutley disgusting.

I agree, if that was the case I would probably return this game before too long.

However, this is not the case. 

Bungie has stated that they will provide new daily content which will add new missions, game types, locations and more over the next 10 years, all of which (except for two expansions) is FREE. In a few days they already have a new story mission coming out.  Again, its free. Along with the Iron banner, Salvage (for a limited time) and various other things.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Events-Inbound/en/News/News?aid=12133

Yes they probably should have released the story more fully at launch, but at the least we can expect FREE CONTENT which will add to it for the next 10 years (which is their goal.) The two expansions are just their because activision required it in their contract, the rest bungie can do what ever they want.

johnythehero and Verethragna like this

That makes me feel much better. I am hoping that they do something to where they put out a large update every month where they add massive content (not expansion size, but something like a bunch of weapons, new enemy types, etc

Right now I'll give it a 7.5 out of 10. Great gunplay but unbalanced multiplayer and boring main single player campaign and poor storyline.

I hate the 30fps, the graphics are kinda weird, textures seem upscaled and the image is mushy sometimes, especially on the Moon level.

The PvP is kind of fun, a mindless fun that I enjoy. It is unbalanced however as some classes just rip through enemies, for example the Titan, he just needs to pop the ultimate slamming into the ground and kills everyone in his wake.

The story isn't mediocre, it sucks and it's boring.

The voice acting is terrible. I found the ambiental music very nice though.

The gunfights are very nice, the weapons seem to pack a punch and give a very nice feeling when you fire them.

The co-op is nice and that seems the way the game is meant to be played.

Overral the game is to me a FPS dungeon crawler, a Diablo-like FPS. Already the game will receive an update in content: a new MP mode and a new high level Raid. Bungie seem to have a plan to constantly update the game with new features.

They may be promising content for the next ten years, but with all the mixed reviews I'm hearing, alo tof people already seem to be getting bored with the game. At least in Borderlands I made several characters and wanted to go explore and find everything. I can't seem to bring myself to do any of that in Destiny.  1 story mission a week is not going to cut it for alot of people.  Also who knows where we will be in gaming 10 years from now...it's kind of hard for them to be talking 10 years when alot of people aren't even going to give them 10 days.

They may be promising content for the next ten years, but with all the mixed reviews I'm hearing, alo tof people already seem to be getting bored with the game. At least in Borderlands I made several characters and wanted to go explore and find everything. I can't seem to bring myself to do any of that in Destiny.  1 story mission a week is not going to cut it for alot of people.  Also who knows where we will be in gaming 10 years from now...it's kind of hard for them to be talking 10 years when alot of people aren't even going to give them 10 days.

This is partly due to their repeat gameplay on every mission and strike. Not only that the loot system is horrible. The difficulty of the strike mission or mobs doesnt do anything for drop rates. So for those looking to farm those legendary or exotic items they are better off farming low lvl enemies  and that just ends up as mind numbing task which is likely to kill what little enjoyment you will have left for the game. Don't get me wrong I enjoy playing the game but sometimes its really frustrating.

I don't mind a challenge, but just the other night my friends and I tried a level 24 Strike and we are all level 22-23 characters. We knew it would be hard...but not THAT hard...it took forever for us to get through it. We were getting frustrated the entire time.  We also found some legendary engrams and when we identified them they came out rare...5 legendary engrams and we got 5 rares...that's freaking lame.  Also the repetitive gameplay is ridiculous. They might realease story missions frequently but if they're basically the same thing(hop on your sparrow, drive point A to Point B, tell Peter Dinklage to open a door for 10 minutes, kill waves of enemies, then fight a boss which is basically a larger form of the same enemies you've been fighting, get crap gear) then I fear this game will get old quick.

How are they making plans for the game for 10 years since a console generations lasts 5-6 years ?

How are they making plans for the game for 10 years since a console generations lasts 5-6 years ?

well 1 its cross generation, and 2 the PS3/XBONE are supposedly going to last 10 years. I HIGHLY doubt that though,

I imagine they will release a PS5 upgrade for 10$ version(similar to what they did for COD and Battlefield) 6-7 years from now if the game is still going.

Now that iv'e beaten destiny and gotten to light level 23 iv'e begun to just get bored of it. there's nothing fresh anymore and the only thing to do is just grind for reputation and marks so you can get better weapons and gear to just grind for better gear again. They are desperate to keep you playing in a fake longevity. Even when you do get the best gear in the game what then? However I liked the game when I was playing through everything the first time, but once you have beaten the game it just turns into a big waste of time.

Right now I'll give it a 7.5 out of 10. Great gunplay but unbalanced multiplayer and boring main single player campaign and poor storyline.

I hate the 30fps, the graphics are kinda weird, textures seem upscaled and the image is mushy sometimes, especially on the Moon level.

The PvP is kind of fun, a mindless fun that I enjoy. It is unbalanced however as some classes just rip through enemies, for example the Titan, he just needs to pop the ultimate slamming into the ground and kills everyone in his wake.

The story isn't mediocre, it sucks and it's boring.

The voice acting is terrible. I found the ambiental music very nice though.

The gunfights are very nice, the weapons seem to pack a punch and give a very nice feeling when you fire them.

The co-op is nice and that seems the way the game is meant to be played.

Overral the game is to me a FPS dungeon crawler, a Diablo-like FPS. Already the game will receive an update in content: a new MP mode and a new high level Raid. Bungie seem to have a plan to constantly update the game with new features.

Dude the multiplayer is not unbalanced because i beat a bunch of level 26s in salvage while i was level 5

I only played the beta but if the final game is just like the beta, its repetitive, there is no real exploration of the gaming world and story is pretty much not there.

Dude the multiplayer is not unbalanced because i beat a bunch of level 26s in salvage while i was level 5

They really should nerf the supers in PvP, yeah they look cool but they are unbalanced. Sure, it looks cool when I kill 5 people at a capture point with my warlock super but it doesn't feel rewarding. Even though I killed those guys I know that the only reason why I managed to do it was because of my "I win" button. You shouldn't be able to take on an entire team by pressing a button...

The Titan's super is a POS OP SOB uber powa..

You just have to go as a nut into a group, press 2 buttons to activate it and they're dead. You can't miss and you can't be stopped.

If feel like going on a tirade at the moment, and this is as good a place as any to do so.

Exotic Bounties are bullshit.

First, I have to go do a specific Strike and kill the boss. So I just go into the Lv8 version on the Moon, the game pairs me up with two other people, and we kill him. No big deal.

Then I have to kill 500 Hive. A pain in the ass, to be sure, but manageable.

THEN I have to score 500 "points" via kills in the Crucible with Void element guns/abilities. Every kill adds a mysterious amount of "points" to the total. And you know what? DYING in the CRUCIBLE deducts points! One match where people drop out and leave me and two others against six, and all that work could disappear. Poof. What. The. Hell.

THEN the game demands that I go do that same Strike I did in the first place and kill a specific enemy that spawns during the boss fight before the boss dies.

So I think, "Alright, no problem. I'll just go do the Lv8 again and knock it out in one shot." But oh, no.

1. I have to go to a Lv26 version of that Strike with a modifier that flags the mission as being harder than the Lv26 Raid.

2. The quest claims there there's matchmaking, but every time I enter it I'm all by myself.

3. I'm Lv25, am not a member of a clan, and have no one from the AJSA to play with because they don't support the PS3 version because "they're the same game."

I literally feel fucked out of my "free" Exotic when there are people much lower level than I am who already got theirs with ease.

If Bungie doesn't want me to have an Exotic, I wish they just tell me and get it over with.

Seriously, it takes less effort to farm 23 Strange Coins and just buy the damn thing on a Friday without going through all this frustration.

mouseno4 likes this