• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ghostgamer

I'm getting really tired of the gaming community

11 posts in this topic

Lately I have been getting real tired of the gaming community's shit. I think its due to Destiny's release, or the Zoe Quinn thing. But the whole console/pc wars, people valuing graphics over gameplay, the insults, death threats, reviewer reliability etc. It just seem people want something to hate. How come people can't just play the games they like and shut the hell up like in the old days? I just wanted to know if anyone is feeling the same way.

I've tried to ignore the media a lot more these days. Don't go onto forums other than AJSA anymore.

Basically all the sexism crap you see, the console wars and PC elitist's, etc... really annoy me. There is very little sexism in games today (it's all just to grab attention and fame), the consoles are pretty much equal and both have their exclusives and PC's have their pro's and cons. So there's no need to compete.

But what really pisses me off lately is the lying and manipulation of the game developers. I use Watchdogs and Destiny as prime examples.

1st I am having fun playing Destiny. It's just not the game they marketed at conventions and the statement released recently by a high ranking dev that the game really starts after level 20 is bull. Watchdogs marketed this next gen game with atmospheric effects which it then removed from the game. I now feel like I can't trust what I see at these expo's anymore. No wonder Bungie didn't give any copies out to review before release.

I'm still holding onto my love of RPG's and hoping what we see for Dragon Age Inquisition and Witcher 3, Dying Light and Evil Within will be what we have seen.

It's hard to know who to trust anymore. And I think is more reason for publishers to release games with DLC extras / perks so people will be enticed to buy on release day rather than waiting to see if what they've been told is true.

Ghostgamer likes this

To me it just seem people forgot that games are created to be fun, nothing to argue over or send death threats to. People should express their hatred, or their gratitude of a game through the games they buy and a games sells not over message boards filled with insults. You can really tell what a person is like by what they put on the internet. #losingfaithinhumanity

Never underestimate the stupidity of humanity in large groups.

The larger the group, the greater the stupidity.

And the internet is the largest group of people known to man.

Ghostgamer likes this

Never underestimate the stupidity of humanity in large groups.

The larger the group, the greater the stupidity.

And the internet is the largest group of people known to man.

A person is smart people are stupid - Agent K in Men in Black :D

SIR BIGGLES 520 likes this

A person is smart people are stupid - Agent K in Men in Black :D

Exactly.

the gaming community and industry i feel has robbed me of my hobby, which is enjoying playing video games.

obviously i don't want to waste money intentionally, no one does - but game hype, the fanboys, the pathetic journalists, the game devs who cater games to graphics above all else, the publishers who take X game and split it into A B C D E F DLC packages, and so on... all remove any excitement from playing new games for me.

i now despise new games before they even get released. whenever a new one gets announced my gut feeling and thoughts are "yeah that's going to be a load of horseshit, just like every other new horseshit infested video game". whenever i try a new game, i look for things that will dissapoint me, not things that could make me enjoy it. almost every time within the first hour of play i find something that puts me off the whole thing.

but when i try some indie games like hotline miami, or play old games from the PS One and PS2 days, almost none of them bore me or challenge my attention span. they all get me hooked in and provide me with gripping and excellent gameplay, way above anything the PS3 or PS4 / xbox consoles of recent years ever provided me.

so who's fault is it? mine for becoming older? growing out of the hobby? not too sure... i spend every day thinking about which games to play... so clearly, i still love the idea of sitting down and playing a game, so i still must be a gamer, right? so if that's not it, the only people left to blame are the people who stain the gaming industry with the things they cry about, and the publishers who force devs to make games catering to only the things those other idiots are crying about.

and that leaves me, a basic video gamer, who just wants to enjoy a good video game, with too many bullshit choices to choose from, retards on all sides arguing about which platform is the best to play on, and now what it seems, sexism feminists paving their way into dictating how games are made, and developers who only seem to be motivated enough to make a video game on the basis that some youtuber fake gaming bitch sucks their dick.

so yeah, im real tired of the gaming community as well. i just want to play on my own nowadays. almost every online gaming experience in the past 3 or 4 years has always included racism, sexism, verbal abuse, death threats, bullying... so yeah. the hell with the gaming industry!

Rocharules likes this

Everyone goes ballistic once someone says something in the comments on video game news websites. For example, say if i go in on an article about Sony's new ip announcement. I read the article and see the comments. Every damn time i see someone talking total and utter crap about other game consoles. "I BET THE XBOTS WISH THEY HAD THIS GAME HEUEUEUEUEUUE. PS4 2 GUUD" Then the next response is someone defending Xbox One saying, "WHERE'S GREATNESS SONY PONY HUEUEHEHUEUHE.SONY IS BAD. GET GUUD." And then it goes to pc and so on and so forth.

Literally I never understood why gamers now a days are so ballistic. Believing that you have a piece of hardware that is a console or a pc. No one gives a crap. It is the persons preference if one owns a product or not. But in no way if you own a piece of hardware that you believe that another piece of hardware is total garbage. The amount of fanboy's are coming out of no where in the gaming industry it is making my head spin.

I always want to be an all around gamer. I play on my PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360 and my PS Vita. I want to get an Xbox One because i still have friends who play on Xbox One and playing franchises that i loved such as Halo (Me needs money for xbox one.) And i want a Wii U because to me that  console is so much fun if you have friends over to play with. ( I play with my friends Wii U when we hang out with other people or we are at a party)

Honestly it pisses me off that all i see on gaming websites are just flame wars and it's just so damn irritating.

I am always asked by my friends on PC why i choose to play on "filthy consoles."  Believing that they can have a better experience gaming wise because there machine is more "powerful"is total bullshit. I love playing on PC. I have over 1700+ hours into TF2. I want to upgrade my PC but then again do I really need to? I enjoy how i play games on my pc. I can run CS:GO, TF2, heartstone and other games and that is all i need to make myself happy. Getting better hardware doesn't mean you are having the most fun.

I just wish everyone now a days can just chill. It's just gaming and there is no need for drama. Just play games and enjoy them. 

fridgeracer likes this

It has gotten pretty ridiculous. The gaming industry used to be alot more laid back. Console Wars have always been around though. Back in the day didn't seem so extreme because internet was limited and therefore when it came to which was better (Nintendo or Sega) people probably just argued with their freinds about it.  I can't recall a time I ever had arguments over what system was better back then. I'd go to a friends house and enjoy Sonic gamesand I'd go home and enjoy my games.  Developers back then also seemed to care more because DLC wasn't a thing. Games actually had to be FINISHED.  Even when more systems started being made (N64, DreamCast, PSOne) even PC around those times had some pretty good games. I rarely heard any arguments over what system was superior.  Honestly it wasn't until Microsoft entered the industry with the first Xbox is when things started changing.

At first I didn't mind DLC as it first started out because it was mostly map packs and stuff that came months later after the games release.  It's when the stupid DAY 1 DLC stuff started happening and now companies are releasing unfinished or poor games and fixing them with patches afterwards... It probably all started when an angry consumer bought an Xbox 360 and got the red ring of death and told his friends about it.  Then that persons freidns started hating Xbox because of all the red rings of death.  Negativity spreads fast.  Say you have Verizon for your internet provider and it never works...you are probably going to mention that to friends and family and as a result maybe one of those people wont get Verizon because of what you said and start supporting other companies.   Same thing can be said when Sony got hacked.  Xbox had been taking heat for years about their faulty systems that they thought it was an epic win when something bad happened to the people that were burning them.

Exlusives are a big part of it too.  If this Master Chief Collection on Xbox One does well and sells well then some Sony people might get jealous especially if they are Halo fans and didn't buy an Xbox.  I'm even upset about it because I love Halo but I don't like Microsoft after everything they pulled. I'm not going to bash Xbox buyers because of it though. Waste of time.  What we should be getting angry at are these companies screwing over the consumer.

Best thing anyone can do is just remove the negativity and choose to have TRUE passionate gamers in your life.  Gamers who come together regardless of system choice. People are always going to talk shit about anything.  Like football...people support their home team all the time by trash talking the other team.  The concept of gaming is no different.

What Gaming and the Gaming Community means to me…

The last two months have been quite hard to be involve around gaming. I along with many of you watched as issue on issue, just piled up on us. Both by “ourselves” and pushed on us by “figures.” All I see back and forth has been nothing but negative explains. Negative everything. Hate, racism, sexism, death threats. Being stripped of something that made you. I like many of you are not trying to avoid this topic, rather we don’t know where to start or how it came to this. Many of you on the forums know I somethings like to ramble, as if I like to hear myself talk. So bare with me as I try and sum something up here, what that is… I don’t know yet.

I started Gaming young, like many of you. My first console was the N64, I loved playing Star Fox 64, Mario Party/Kart, Mario 64, Banjo & Kazooie, etc. I never really knew what Gaming was or could be. I was just young, playing games on and off. I never really knew I would love games, until I had gotten my first PS2 and played Kingdom Hearts. Kingdom Hearts was the first game I shared an emotional connection. A game in which had me playing more and more, just cause I wanted to and not because I could. Playing Kingdom Hearts got me into other games like the Final Fantasy series.

Memorable Kingdom Hearts moment

My most memorable moment for the Kingdom Hearts series was in Kingdom Hearts 2. I had finally beat Sephiroth, after days of trying over and over. When I beat him my hands shook in excitement. I paused and sat there watching the cutscene that took place after. Once the cutscene ended I jumped to feet. Threw my control on my bed and screamed at the top of my lungs in pure excitement. I couldn’t believe it that I had did it. Looking back now this is a funny thing to be happy about, but boy was I happy.

Back when I had gotten my first PS3 only a few years after my red ring Xbox 360. I had never knew or understood what a “console war” was. But because of friends at school mocking me for having a PS3 instead of a Xbox 360, I fell into the trap of war without knowing. I didn’t understand why there was a war or even if I was 100% willing to fight for this. I just loved games no matter what, so why did I have to hate something I loved. Even if it was something I couldn't experience.

Memorable PS3 moment

My first game with my PS3 was LittleBigPlanet. I spent hours my first night playing as Sack Boy. That point I had loved more RPG like games, and fell out on the platformer games. But LittleBigPlanet showed me how much fun I use to have with them. How creative games can also be. Even if you aren’t a Game Developer, games would give you tools to make your own worlds.

I came on to YouTube around the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 boom. I searched and watched awesome CoD videos. Which slowly lead me to watch commentary, and finally make a user to subscribe. Over the years I have traded out and in with YouTube content and what I watched. Went from Call of Duty to Minecraft, from Freddy Wong to RoosterTeeth, from Machinima to Polaris (formerly The Game Station.) I watched the outrage of copyright content battles each time. The stupid comments of YouTube and even those beautiful friendly ones you see time to time.

Memorable YouTube moment

Finding RoosterTeeth the first time, and the endless laughter they have brought me. My favorite of all time through is the Joel video called “Joel and Jack meet the Kinectimals.” Which is a dive in the mind of Joel and what makes him and everyone who watches it laugh. I encourage you all to watch it. That video and many others have brought me endless hours of laughter, specially Achievement Hunter and their channel Lets Play.

Angry Joe Show Army is my first Gaming Community I took time to experience. With the Next-Gen consoles and many of my friends splitting off I wanted to find people to play with. What better way to join a newly reform community and grow with it. Boy did we grow with it. Not even a year on here, and I think I’ve experience more than I thought I would. I love helping this community grow, anyway I can.

Memorable AJSA moment

There are alot but my most Memorable was our first Game Night. To finally sit down after months of planning and to play games with the community. See you guys come and play with, put a smile on my face. Game Night isn't for numbers, but for us to sit down and play with each other. To make friends and become closer. You guys that first night made it memorable. Thank you.

I have always been on the side fighting for the Gaming Community. Whether it was online or around me. I always hearing how “Playing GTA makes your child a murder!” or “CoD is training to arm kids!” I always fight to say “Look video games don’t cause this, I know it doesn't. We aren't evil.” I never once ever thought we were bad people, villains, hateful horrible beings. I never could hate something I love, I love games. I will fight to protect them forever. Even if it's because of a few bad eggs, that isn't Gaming's fault.

Maybe that's where we are at now. Maybe years of hearing the News calling us such demon things. Years of YouTube figures and Gaming Journalist figures calling the communities such infested pools of evil. Years of us just angry and blindly hating each other on games. Maybe all this finally started to cave in on itself, and while one fell the other followed. These things for years we let sit there, finally boiled over into what we have seen the last month. Maybe its no ones fault, not the companies, not the figures, not ourselves, and not the journalist. But maybe over the years it was a collection of everyone's fault. Even my fault and the many who stay silent. So how do you solve this issue, by hating it? By being tired of it and giving up on it? Why can’t I love what I love most.

I will end with this, proof that the Gaming Community has done and continues to do good. Maybe that is the sum of this, the answer to answers. To sit down each one of us to accept and say together "We are good people, and to some heroes." I encourage you to watch the video as it is my proof we can do good.

Thank you, I haven’t given up. I can’t give up.

FuzzDuck and Rocharules like this

Angry Joe Show Army is my first Gaming Community

Mine too. I like game nights. My attention span can waver when playing games for hours on end so I sometimes take breaks at random intervals. Because of that I don't always feel like teaming up with someone on the spot because I might only want to play a couple more games and take a break. But knowing when game nights are scheduled I can be ready and join in for the duration :)

I've been quite negative about destiny recently and I am finding it to be average but you know what I am still playing it so it's not all bad. I am not proud of the whining bitch I have become in my hunt for legendaries however and will try to quieten the loot rage :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0