• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Arch

Alien Isolation DLC

13 posts in this topic

thanks for the heads up OP, cancelled my pre order.

it's now becoming clear why they exited the console market - not because sony was too popular but because they're just a bunch of idiots.

the hell with sega.

Arch likes this

10 bucks says we see an AngryJoe Rant on youtube by tomorrow, and your right this is classic and mainstream now a days. Developers work hard making games and then when the big wigs take scissors to it and cut it up, IF i buy this game at all now i will just wait and buy the GOTY edition. 

GiraffeOverlord likes this

thanks for the heads up OP, cancelled my pre order.

it's now becoming clear why they exited the console market - not because sony was too popular but because they're just a bunch of idiots.

the hell with sega.

Hey np, us AJSA guys got to stick together and protect each other from this crap!

fridgeracer likes this

10 bucks says we see an AngryJoe Rant on youtube by tomorrow, and your right this is classic and mainstream now a days. Developers work hard making games and then when the big wigs take scissors to it and cut it up, IF i buy this game at all now i will just wait and buy the GOTY edition. 

but the GOTY edition on release will be $60-70 + because it has all the DLC. the only chance of not being ripped off is to wait for a steam or other digital platform sale.

and before all that, if it doesn't get any GOTY award, then it obviously will never be sold as a full bundle.

I knew of the original crew DLC but not this. To hell with this game.

fridgeracer likes this

Seems accurate ... If things are like this now, what will come next? 98199d1298312257-my-little-pony-friendsh

the next big video gaming crash it seems. i think it's going to happen. i been thinking it for a year and even now youtubers like boogie2988 are making vids on the same things i was thinking.

already i don't bother with games that much anymore, because too many are shit, and this DLC stuff / cutting portions out of a game and charging extra money, this is whats going to remove consumer confidence and shrink the size of the gaming scene.

Oh for fuck sake. The Nostromo DLC pissed me off enough but this just ....URGH.

I cant help it, I still got the "Ripley Edditon" of the game.... not because of the DLCs but I want to checkout that Artbook.

Oh for fuck sake. The Nostromo DLC pissed me off enough but this just ....URGH.

now you are a game dev... so do you generally speak for all game devs? would you say the majority of game devs around the world would not want to have all their work cut up into DLCs? is it generally JUST the publisher that does this or are some game devs also in favour of doing it?

do you think the game devs that work for these big triple A producing studios actually care about and enjoy their jobs, or do they just walk into work everyday and go:

"pff... another damn game to make. ahh fuck it.. lets just do a little bit of this, some generic script storyline on this part... controls... ahh fuck the controls, not important, lets just do some gfx and make the visuals look great. i can sell this game on visuals alone, fuck the controls... umm,... yeah, oh need to add some achievements and trophies so the sheep who buy this feel important and satisfied... umm... oh and need to do a presentation for Bob upstairs for the final sign off... yeah ok great!!!

"tomb raider 57 is on it's way to being completed! now i can spend most of the day web browsing and drinking coffee in my adjustable black leather chair with my big desk and my 2 large LCD screens and feel like a king... working for mega bucks and spending all day mainly drinking coffee".

im serious, the above 2 paragraphs is how i look at the majority of game devs nowadays, just laid back arses who dont really care and just do their job for the paycheque. none of them ever go up to EA / activision bosses and say "HEY, THIS IS BULLSHIT. WE CAN'T MAKE IT LIKE THIS FFS". they just drone along... doing as they are told, and we keep getting bullshit games.

now you are a game dev... so do you generally speak for all game devs? would you say the majority of game devs around the world would not want to have all their work cut up into DLCs? is it generally JUST the publisher that does this or are some game devs also in favour of doing it?

do you think the game devs that work for these big triple A producing studios actually care about and enjoy their jobs, or do they just walk into work everyday and go "pff... another damn game to make. ahh fuck it.. lets just do a little bit of this, some generic script storyline on this part... controls... ahh fuck the controls, not important, lets just do some gfx and make the visuals look great. i can sell this game on visuals alone, fuck the controls... umm,... yeah, oh need to add some achievements and trophies so the sheep who buy this feel important and satisfied... umm... oh and need to do a presentation for Bob upstairs for the final sign off... yeah ok great!!! tomb raider 57 is on it's way to being completed!"

Well I can only speak for myself as I am in no way a professional developer, I am infact currently in the early stages of my programming career and have little to no experience in the industry. I'm sure posters such as Jinzuro , 1mirg , erraticvector and Caius could answer your questions though!