• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Avarice85

ArcheAge Guide to Everything (WIP)

12 posts in this topic

Overview:
This guide is mostly for new players, or for those who want to refer back for material gathering information.  Basic dungeon info will be added as well.

This is mainly just a reference for all our members to use instead of wading through Google and Wikia's as they seem incomplete.
If you have information, or notice something incorrect please let me know.  

The Basics:
As a general guideline (not mandatory) new players are advised to follow the Main Storyline Quests and Side Quests at least up to Level 25.  At this range the game begins to open up to the player in the way of crafting and doing your own thing.  You can sandbox before then, but it's very difficult.

You will also acquire Gilda Stars used at Mirage Isle to purchase Houses, Ships, Aquafarms, etc,etc. 
Players will need to decide if they wish to purchase a house after attaining 15 Gilda Stars (provided there is any space to build on) or risk waiting and saving for another goal (Like a Cutter ship for example). If there is land available, it is HIGHLY recommended that you go for a house/farm first.  Once space runs out it can be one of the most difficult things to do as far as finding a place to call home.

It is highly recommended you open your Map and configure all the filters to your understanding, so you can easily locate dungeons, merchants, Warehouses, etc. 

Crime and Infamy:

Guide to reduce Crime Points HERE.
Actually... This one is better.

Jury Duty:
To be eligible for Jury Duty you must complete the Witness Protection quest line in Austera located on the north end of Solis Headlands. 
A guide can be found here.

Leveling By Zone:
SOURCE
Nuian Specific Zones
Level 1-10 - Solzreed Peninsula
Level 11-14 - Liyut Hills
Level 15-19 - Dewstone Plains
Level 20-23 - White Arden
Level 24-26 - Marianople
Level 27-29 - Two Crowns

Elf Specific Zones
Level 1-10 - Gweonid Forest
Level 11-14 - Liyut Hills
Level 15-19 - Dewstone Plains
Level 20-23 - White Arden
Level 24-26 - Marianople
Level 27-29 - Two Crowns

Harani Specific Guides
Level 1-10 - Arcum Isis
Level 11-14 - Tigerspine Mountains
Level 15-19 - Mahadevi
Level 20-23 - Solis Headlands
Level 24-26 - Villanelle
Level 27-29 - Silent Forest

Firran Specific Zones
Level 1-10 - Falcorth Plains
Level 11-14 - Tigerspine Mountains
Level 15-19 - Mahadevi
Level 20-23 - Solis Headlands
Level 24-26 - Villanelle
Level 27-29 - Silent Forest

Nuian/Elf Shared Zones
Level 30-32 - Cinderstone Moore

Harani/Firran Shared Zones
Level 30-32 - Ynystere

All Races Shared Zones
Level 33-34 - Halcyona
Level 35-37 - Hellswamp
Level 38-40 - Sanddeep
Level 41-42 - Rookborne Basin
Level 43-44 - Windscour Savannah
Level 45-46 - Perinoor Ruins
Level 47-48 - Hasla
Level 49-50 - Karkasse Ridgelands

Level 50 and Endgame Gearing:

A guide to gearing up after hitting level 50 can be found HERE.

Dungeons: 

• Palace Cellar:  Abbreviated as "PC."

This dungeon is located in the City of Towers in the Mahadevi zone.  It is located under the south bridge.
It is available to Levels 19+ with a Mentor option at Level 30.
3 Players to Party
Party abilities required: Single target pulls to take out mobs separately.  A durable tank is recommended.

Boss Strategy: -- To be added later--

• Hadir Farms: Abbreviated as "HF."

​This dungeon is located in Ynestere next to Finnea Harbor. Note: There is a difference between the Hadir Farms location on the worldmap and the actual Dungeon Entrance.
It is available to Levels 30+ and Mentor at Level 35.
5 Players to a Party.
Party abilities required: Single target pulls, Crowd Control (CC's), a durable tank, and a healer are absolutely mandatory for survival. 

Note: Best dungeon for loot gathering

Boss Strategy: -- To be added later--

• [Greater] Howling Abyss

​5 Players to a Party
It is available to Levels 45+
Dungeon designed for very highly skilled players.  Will require a highly organized and efficient party to pass.

(More info to be added later)

Where to Gather Materials
Where to find things like Logs, Ore, Mushrooms, etc,etc. 
Not everyone has their own house or farm to use and this can help those who are new to ArcheAge as they begin to level up and need to find basic crafting materials. Please feel free to contribute and i'll edit the information.  If we can get this into decent shape and get this stickied, that would be awesome for our new players to be referred to.  

Mining:

Iron Ore and Raw Stone:
The earliest area to begin gathering Iron Ore as well as Raw Stone is in the Gnawbones Cave near the North Devi River in Tigerspine Mountains. This is around Level 15.

Veins spawn often and drop both materials.  They also have a chance to turn into Fortuna Veins which drop more Raw Stone and different types of ore (Silver, Gold, Archeum).

zFIPaLj.jpg

West Arcum Iris, West Solis Headlands and a cave in south Ynestere also have places to mine from. (I'll get screenshots and map info)
Logging:
Old Trees can be logged in the Silent Forest which is a level 26-28 zone. 
They spawn either with a 2 hour timer, or instantly ready for harvest and yield 2-4 logs at the cost of 15 Labor Points.
It is possible to gather 300 logs per day with one person (from personal experience, I used this method to get enough Lumber for my ship).
With 2-3 people the amount you can gather goes up exponentially, as you don't have to compete with other players. 

Below is a picture of my route for logging Old Trees. Please note the map.

zlITwr5.jpg
Maple and Cherry Trees grow in Villanelle.
Water pools in Arcum Iris have trees to log as well. 

Plantlife:
Clovers, Azaleas,  and Corn Flowers grow in abundance at Ynestere.  Making it ideal if you need to craft Dried Flowers
Ynestere is as level 28-33 zone, however.  

Underwater Mining (Level 30-50, parties recommended):

One location we know of for Underwater Mining is south of Cinderstone Moor which resides on Nuia.  So this is risky as you are sailing and diving close to the enemy faction territory.  It is also an open PVP area so you can be killed in competition for these nodes.

What you are looking for is Star Shard Veins.  Which drop Star Shard Chips and Raw Stone.
These are used for Star Shard Ingots which are needed for mid-level crafts.  The ingots sell for a decent amount on the Auction House.

You will have to sail passed a few Seabugs and Jellyfish, as well as potential enemy ships on your way. 
Ships are essential, otherwise you can't dive for long enough (without the 10 minute dive gear buff) to harvest any Star Shards. 
The nodes are plentiful as long as other players aren't around.  It is highly recommended that teams of 2-4 people (at a minimum) go so you don't get yourself killed.

jjecFiw.jpg

skuuovx.jpg 

Diving Locations:

10c3cce.jpg

Need to add more to this later, as I explore it. 

Gilda Stars:
Following the main storyline (Green Quest) will net you your starter Gilda Stars. Around 50, not counting the Stars you'll get doing other side-quests.  After that line is finished you'll have to do daily quests and trade pack runs in order to keep GS coming in.  

Mentor/Mentee Dailies provide the best amount of GS for time invested.  Each one gives you 3 Stars.  At least doing PC and HF will get you 6.  Then you can get another 4-6 off other dailies. 

At level 31, these can be accessed in most major towns and cities  and effectively replace the Priestess of Nui quests as they're no longer accessible.

Each of these grants one Gilda Star for a total of five.

A Rare Perfume (1 Gilda Star)

• Use 30 Crushed Flowers, Ground Grain, Crushed Spices, or Chopped Produce to create a perfume. These are obtained by growing or finding in the wild Flowers, Grain, Spices or Produce and "using" 10 of them in conjunction with a Blue Salt Knife (purchased from a General Merchant). Typically, you'll get 12-15 Crushed Flowers, Ground Grain, Crushed Spices, or Chopped Produce per 10 items. Visit your local Seed Merchant to see a list of all of the available options. The longer that it takes the plant to grow, the more you'll get from it. Alternatively, these can be purchased on the auction house.

Guerrilla Marketing (1 Gilda Star)

• Available after completing A Rare Perfume

Place a vase in 3 spots in Lilyut. You're given three vases to place in Lilyut. Just head to the designated spots (marked on your map as with other quests) and drop the respective vase there. You'll know you're in the right spot if you see a slew of vases sitting on the ground.

Raise a Snowlion and Leomorph (Gilda Star for each one you raise: 2 Total)

• Each one has to be raised in its own zone (Look at your quest log)
  • Have lots of Vita Roots and Water. 

Signs of the Salphira Cult (1 Gilda Star)

• City of Towers at the Palace Cellar Entrance
  • Pick up 12 leashes. 

​Stone Bricks in Ynestere (1 Gilda Star)

• Gather 5 Stone Bricks
  • Turn into the fortress south of Ynestere.

​Arena 1v1 Daily (Gilda Star)

• Stars in Ynestere by talking to Arena NPC
  • 3 Kills 

You can easily maintain about 10 Gilda Stars a day. Doesn't sound like much. but 10 days is 100 Gilda Stars.   Factor in a few Trade Packs, and other possible quests. I also need to confirm if you can do the other factions dungeons for an extra 6 Gilda Stars. This could be a possible minimum 19 GS a day if thats true. 
Thats 190 Gilda Stars in 10 days. 570 in 30... let that sink in a second. 

Misc.:
To rename your Pet: Right click on its nameplate/healthbar and click on "Rename"
To take screenshots: Hit F9
To disable the UI: F12

A list of other FAQ's can be found here.

cbxtg.jpg

MOAARRRR to be added later....

Notable locations for trees:

• Vilanelle (plenty of Maple and Cherry trees that naturally grow)
  • Arcum Iris (mainly around water pools)
  • Silent Forest (not that great, but the Old Trees there are vast in number)

Notable locations for Mining

• West Arcum Iris (there's a Quarry)
  • West Solis Headlands (another Quarry)
  • There's a bug cave full of Ores in south Ynystere

Aside from that I've noticed it's pretty hard to find wild, ripe/grown plants or trees due to other people already grabbing them. Plant spawns are pretty sporadic, but I've noticed Vilanelle has a ton of useful plants and herbs through the area on the ground.

Avarice85 likes this

Notable locations for trees:

• Vilanelle (plenty of Maple and Cherry trees that naturally grow)
  • Arcum Iris (mainly around water pools)
  • Silent Forest (not that great, but the Old Trees there are vast in number)

Notable locations for Mining

• West Arcum Iris (there's a Quarry)
  • West Solis Headlands (another Quarry)
  • There's a bug cave full of Ores in south Ynystere

Aside from that I've noticed it's pretty hard to find wild, ripe/grown plants or trees due to other people already grabbing them. Plant spawns are pretty sporadic, but I've noticed Vilanelle has a ton of useful plants and herbs through the area on the ground.

I had some good luck with Clovers, Azaleas and other flowers in Ynystere.

Thanks for the other info. i'll edit it in. 

mrfool likes this

The quarry by the west tip of solis headlands spawns iron ores at an insane rate or has a ton of nodes.  Even though there are always 10+ people camping them, it is actually faster than the mining area in tigerspine.

Avarice85 likes this

No problem! If I come across more areas with notable spawns I'll let you know.

I'm nearing the harder questing areas in the game (lvl 40+) so I'm sure I'll find some spawns that I've not already seen.

Avarice85 likes this

I made a alt to mine on the western continent. The amount of ore there is soooooo much more then on the east. Then I just ship it to my character on the east.

Avarice85 likes this

Edited Gilda Star Info. 

Again if anyone has any info on places to gather materials, or farm equipment please post it up and i'll get it edited in. 

Stone prices are rising...and the mines are surprisingly empty in solis headlands!  Here's some screenshots of what it looks like when there is almost no one else (currently 3 other people as I am writing this).

7sOi27v.jpg

6qMPHTt.jpg

7JQjaEk.jpg

yOfMS4N.jpg

81z5Jv8.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0