• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Dr. Xeno Pootis

Conspiracy: Hyped up Games

24 posts in this topic

Hyped up games end up not living to its original statement. End of discussion.

Titanfall - Disappointment

Watch Dogs - Disappointment

and now, Destiny - Disappointment

Hopefully Smash Bros will live up to its statement and be GOTY.

the illumnati is a part of this, don't tell anyone i said this

Hopefully Smash Bros will live up to its statement and be GOTY.

Haven't heard anyone else mention Smash Brothers being GoTY until now. I think it won't be a disappointment, but GoTY? Not entirely sure about that.

yeah well this doesn't bother me because i don't care about journalists or listen to them, or read any game publications.

i knew titanfall would be crap because it was originally an xbox one game, like what is there good on that system at all? (DISCLAIMER: just a tongue in cheek, throw it out there opinionated statement. no console war debate is intended, or will happen because any quoted reply using that sentence above is going to be completely ignored by me. YOU HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED)

watch dogs... i knew that would be crap because it's been made by ubisoft - their games are all awful.

and destiny... i knew that would be bad because it was not solely a bungie made game, activision and bungie developed it and guess what FPS games activision are involved with? call of duty... and we all know how crap that game has become...

i saw all this way before release. you should try the same bro. i find popcorn and a nice can of cider do well on these game release days. i just sit here and watch all the flaming, highly entertaining! even better than buying the games, and it's almost free... granted you gotta buy the popcorn and cider.

Actually Titanfall Watch Dogs does lives up to expectation. Titanfall's gameplay is really damn good and fun, and Watch Dogs is one of my best game of the year. Only problem is Titanfall has a seriously lacking content, while Watch Dogs's problem is graphics. Thankfully both are fixable with patches and mods. Graphics doesn't really matter because the gameplay is where it's at.

Smash bros is all ready noted as better than the last worse than melee, in general terms. Honestly all I'm hoping for is the next dragon age is more a long the lines of the first one and no where near anything like the second lol. 

Smash bros is all ready noted as better than the last worse than melee, in general terms. Honestly all I'm hoping for is the next dragon age is more a long the lines of the first one and no where near anything like the second lol.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Dragon Age! But it's by EA so they will somehow fuck it up.

Here are the rest of the games coming this year:

Dragon Age Inquisition

Alien Isolation

LOTR Shadow of Mordor

The Evil Within

Counter Strike Nexon Zombies....

That last one was weird.

Bayonetta 2

Civilization Beyond Earth (fuck yes)

Sunset Overdrive

The Crew

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

Farcry 4

And Tomb Raider Temple of Osiris.

Hm! Looks great! The games that I'm worried about are Dragon Age, Shadow of Mordor and the Evil Within. Their gameplay video looks, sloppy.

Elder Scrolls was also quickly forgotten about.

That's what gamers get when they start hyping up games based on trailer footage. I don't even understand how people were so excited about Destiny, they had us play the game to test the servers. All the things that I knew would be wrong with the game from that are problems in the game, and now almost everyone who already played it is disappointed for some reason. It's like all these people don't really play games, you should start to develop a sense for how things work pretty quickly but we are going to just have people hype up another game soon most likely.

Ysnar likes this

I only watch the trailers to get hyped for something (very rarely, and if i'm getting hyped its usually something atlus is puking out.)

I'm honestly enjoying the Destiny Gun-play right now, but execution of the actual game isn't amazing. I think it would have done better off if Activision didn't try to hype it up so hard. People would have gone "Well, this is an all-right game, moving on" I mean, most of the shit people complain about is the stuff that was promised in all the hype.

As for SSB4, I loved both Melee and Brawl, Plus they have Best Girl Lucina in there, so lets hope nintendbro doesn't screw up :)

TL;DR Get hype when the hype is right, so you don't fight the bad fight, am i right?

Personally I never buy into hype more or less becuase I don't have to follow games as intently as used to but I will say so far there has been a trend this year of major releases not living up to certain expectations, not my personal expectations but these games haven't been all bad yet far from groundbreaking.

Titanfall - Disappointment

Watch Dogs - Disappointment

and now, Destiny - Disappointment

World of Warcraft - Disappointment

Imma dissapoint in Bungie with Destiny, I miss OG Bungie.

OT: lol. Overhype sure is dangerous. Thats why im glad that DA3 and The Witcher 3 arent being overhyped up the ass, those are my games right there. You know which game I dont think will be safe from overhype though? SWBF3 but, whether it will ultimately deliver or not will just have to wait and see.

I don't watch E3, I don't take previews very seriously. Both Titanfall(I thought I wasn't going to like it actually but the beta convinced me.) and Watch Dogs are enjoyable games to me, shocking I know.

Here's the goal of the marketing department: Sell as many copies before the truth gets out that they're lying frauds.

Just look at Grand Theft Auto 5, GTA Online locked for two weeks while the hype and reviews stewed.

Here's the goal of the marketing department: Sell as many copies before the truth gets out that they're lying frauds.

Just look at Grand Theft Auto 5, GTA Online locked for two weeks while the hype and reviews stewed.

Hacks and frauds? Im sure Rockstar is going to ramp up the marketing for next/current/whatever gen GTAV and heists arent even in the horizon.

From what I can tell, all of those games are perfectly fine and very fun (I played them all, except Watch Dogs, and am currently playing Destiny). Destiny is also a great game, but it has a few major flaws, and one of them being that it can get very tedious if you play the same game mode or explore the same location too many times.

I highly reccomend lowering your hype or expectations when pre ordering a game or buying a new game. However, I respect your opinions and perhaps there is some sort of weird conspiracy. Mostly game journalism being a screwed up mess! Most of the pre order decisions I make are informed decisions, as I check out videos on YouTube about the game before it's released, and watched "The Good, Bad, and Ugly" video about Destiny before pre ordering it.

Puntosmx likes this

This would led to a theory that the developers would oversaw those hype and decided to took out some of the features (it's like your parents telling to stop the party when they're sleeping during late night) before the game an example of this was Watch Dogs where an E3 2012 graphics was completely butchered out after all that hype. But as I said before, a paraphrased quote from G-Man would say, "Now listen to me fellow gamers, if you get hyped or excited for the upcoming game, relate these words, prepare for unforeseen consequences".

I have found if you hype something up it only makes it seem bad. I personally though Titanfall was going to be bad and I actually like it and find it super fun. Destiny is everything I wanted it to be but I wasn't excited for it until about a month before it came out. I don't like setting my expectations high for anything whether it is movies or video games. I always try to sort through the hype and look at why a game or movie could fail. My friends say it pessimistic but I find it helps me appreciate a game when it comes out and is good.

EX: I am excited for Shadows of Mordor but I think it could get really repetitive very quickly. I will see when it comes out how it is though.

People complain about new games being bad and I'm just sitting here, hoping to get my hands on a game I haven't played yet, but would love to.

the illumnati is a part of this, don't tell anyone i said this

Crap! He's onto us!

By George, that's preposterous.

Unlike some people, I for one do not believe in such silly superstitions as the Illuminati.

You don't really believe that some secret council is try to rule the world through video games, do you?

Don't be silly. That's comic book stuff.

Earnestly, I cannot fathom why someone would actually think that.

Seriously now, think about it.

That very suggestion is just the worst.

I honestly can't think of any other way to put it.

Now that you've given up on such silly thoughts, don't you feel better?

You certainly feel much less stressed now that you're not looking for subliminal messages everywhere, don't you?

If you don't get the joke, look down the side.

Crap! He's onto us!

By George, that's preposterous.

Unlike some people, I for one do not believe in such silly superstitions as the Illuminati.

You don't really believe that some secret council is try to rule the world through video games, do you?

Don't be silly. That's comic book stuff.

Earnestly, I cannot fathom why someone would actually think that.

Seriously now, think about it.

That very suggestion is just the worst.

I honestly can't think of any other way to put it.

Now that you've given up on such silly thoughts, don't you feel better?

You certainly feel much less stressed now that you're not looking for subliminal messages everywhere, don't you?

If you don't get the joke, look down the side.

lol'd...

I remember having a discussion with a poor sod who actually really seemed to believe in every single conspiracy theory ever made up in these very forums back in November. Guy said I was naive and had to read about the NWO... Wonder what happened to him, think he was a mod too. 

I think op just needs to reevaluate how excited he gets about things that aren't released yet and he has no expierence with.

Gone too likes this

a little bit overhyped too i think.

Watching Jesse's LP, fucking loving it! :D Of course, I would love any of the Dynasty Warriors games in that case as well, but this one is making me want to buy the damn console just for the game. :D

a little bit overhyped too i think.

This is a game I can hype for.

Though, I'll keep my hype down.... I'm not bound to start posting everything about it and telling people how amazing it'll be..... I'll fist have to play it to know ^_^