• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

cmg666

Alien Isolation Vs. The Evil Within

13 posts in this topic

Well well well ladies and gentlemen we are having two survival horror games coming out next month back to back, Alien Isolation on October 7 2014, and Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within October 14 2014. So ladies and gentlemen tell me who you think will be the survival horror game of the year in the comments below.

Since i like Survival horror games in Space like the Dead Space  series i would go for Alien Isolation its something we don't get alot in horror games depends if they don't screw up like Alien colonial marines.

im only getting evil within. alien isolation and sega can go fuck themselves. im not paying full price for a game thats going to deliberately release 6 fucking expansions of DLC for 5 months after it's release.

Neither really stands out for me.

Will wait for the reviews. 

Gut feeling is both will dissapoint. Couldn't say why exactly.

Lightning likes this

Both have excellent potential to be great. I extensively watched gameplay footage, which were about 20 minutes each, and I arrived at the decision to pre order Alien: Isolation. Mostly for the lower price, being an Aliens fan, and the fact that Green Man Gaming is so amazing that I could use a 25% off coupon on the pre order price. I was about to pre order The Evil Within (based on the pedigree of the devs), but I guess I'll wait to get it. Keep in mind that this was a very difficult decision on my part, and it will be for many others. Creative Assembly is making Alien: Isolation, and they have a mostly good pedigree too, the only concern is them stepping away from what they are used to making, which is the Total War games.

An Aliens game or a new original survival horror created by the man who pioneered the genre and created Resident Evil...

Hmmm... I don't know...

Neither really stands out for me.

Will wait for the reviews. 

Gut feeling is both will dissapoint. Couldn't say why exactly.

My feelings exactly. I dont have much faith in Mikami and the folks over at the Alien dev team were making some pretty bold claims about their game. Waiting on them seems to be the winning move here. That way we dont end up with mediocre products on our hands if we were too quick to buy or we buy both should they be excellent.

I think a looooot of people are going to be disappointed if they expect Evil Within to be survival horror. It's supposed to be action horror, like RE4. I'll definitely keep an eye on the feedback after release, and I'll probably end up getting it unless there's an overwhelming negative response.

I don't give a shit about Aliens unless there's a Predator involved, so I'll pass on Isolation unless literally everyone starts raving about how good it is.

So far my only interest is in the Evil Within. I unfortunately don't have much faith in a new Aliens game after the failure of the last installment. From what little footage I've seen from the Evil Within it seems to be the type of horror game that I usually gravitate towards. If Aliens gets good reviews I will reconsider my decision but until then I am going with the Evil Within. 

I think a looooot of people are going to be disappointed if they expect Evil Within to be survival horror. It's supposed to be action horror, like RE4.

This is not accurate, it's survival horror through and through.

I want to go for Alien Isolation because it's my favorite franchise but after Aliens Colonial Marines Im not sure what to spect. applejack.gif

This is not accurate, it's survival horror through and through.

maybe not... i saw a video where the devs making it filmed the reactions of people who played it for them to show how "truly horriying" the game is. most people just cringed, moved their heads back away from the screen slowly... and only 1 guy jump scared but he didn't even scream, just sort of wobbled a bit and made 1 short "urrgh" sound and was back to normal.

i believe the game is advertising itself as a survival horror through the videos and screenshots, but in reality when we play it, it "MIGHT", not for sure until we try it... but it MIGHT just be a survival gorefest rather than actually "horrifying" for the player.

Neither. My money is on Silent Hills.

Resident Evil was a good franchise, but Silent Hill 2 was THE survival horror game.