• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

Awesome obscure game music & hidden well known game music thread.

778 posts in this topic

Anyone familiar with this little Mega Drive gem's soundtrack?  

Kaz32 likes this

My favorite game when i was about 8 years old with one of the most awesome theme's ever! 

Tyrian was simply the best scroll shooter ever made. 

Platina32 and Kaz32 like this

Heavy Metal Orchestra!

Nice one Mr Joe!

Sigh, it's unfortunate that Ace Combat isn't that well known anymore. This is the best combat plane simulator in gaming and it deserves MORE. Maybe one day it'll be revitalized again! I'll wait for that time to come!

Since I'm in an Ace Combat mood, I'll post another one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4n1qFlPyvc

And the awesome remix.

Koromaro likes this

Horrible game but great soundtrack.

It's not horrible per say, it's just really difficult if you don't get the power ups. I managed to get past all the levels, only to then be asswhooped on the UNFORGIVABLE final stage.

My favorite car destruction game on PSX ever. Besides Twisted Metal.

This next one is from a Japanese game called Umineko When They Cry

Senza amore, Senza amore, la verità non si vede.

Damn it's so badass!

My favorite game when i was about 8 years old with one of the most awesome theme's ever! 

Tyrian was simply the best scroll shooter ever made. 

Aww yeaeaea, Tyrian! Best space shooter ever, hands down. I liked almost all of its music. Here's another good track from it:

TitanT2 and Kaz32 like this

Next is from my favorite Xbox360 exclusive RPG Lost Odyssey.

If that's too action for your taste, here's something relaxing.

Yeah I found the title misleading too.

There are some awesome heavy metal remixes of this, I was sad to learn it wasn't in the remake

Kaz32 likes this

Aww yeaeaea, Tyrian! Best space shooter ever, hands down. I liked almost all of its music. Here's another good track from it:

Isnt this game made by the guys behind Gears of War?

Isnt this game made by the guys behind Gears of War?

Yep. Fun fact about the game that almost nobody knows: if you read the logo of Tyrian upside down, it still says Tyrian :D

logo.png

Kaz32 likes this

Some Nier music for you people, the game itself has some really great soundtrack so if you like this there are lots of other good tracks to listen to as well.

some chrono cross cover I found, I guess its kinda cheating but I really like it so I thought i would share >>

because that trumpet solo they have in there is pretty great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzYBrUl926c&list=FLwx_W5h_OIZF8uLQDMbDM3Q

Not too obscure, but I dont hear many people talking about how great the mario galaxy ost was so I thought I would put this here.

yes it was the only battle theme you heard for a majority of the game but come on, its pretty great dont you think?

And thats all I got in my list, I listen to quite a bit of OST so yeah, sorry if its a bit long or not obscure enough, or that most of my links are just links (I guess there is a limit to how many I can put up)

Kaz32 likes this

Overlord - Final Battle

D&D Warriors of the Eternal Sun - Menu theme

Two of my favourite songs from games that don't appear to be in the public eye. The first I will always pause just to listen too during the final confrontation of Evil versus Evil, it's most likely not just my favourite obscure game song but my favourite song game song period.

D&D's menu theme always got me pumped for the adventure ahead, sometimes I'd sit in the menu and listen to it until it eventually stopped before playing the game (and failing miserably at it.)

KNEEL BEFORE THE LORD OF HUNGER

Unfortunately KOTOR is pretty much a well known game and is not obscure. Good song though.

Persona 4 has some fantastic music. This is one of my favourites.

Waaait a minute. I don't know if Persona 4 is obscure. I thought Persona 4 is an extremely popular series that spawns it's own anime series as well as the fighting game sequel Persona 4 Arena and makes ME want to play it so badly even though I don't have a PS2 anymore.

Unfortunately KOTOR is pretty much a well known game and is not obscure. Good song though.

Agreed, I confused the tittle with the intention of the post. 

If by obscure you mean extremely unknown games, well I think this fits perfectly.

Kaz32 likes this

Waaait a minute. I don't know if Persona 4 is obscure. I thought Persona 4 is an extremely popular series that spawns it's own anime series as well as the fighting game sequel Persona 4 Arena and makes ME want to play it so badly even though I don't have a PS2 anymore.

Hey man, I'll do anything to spread good music. You can emulate it on PC /really/ well. I'm doing that with my playthrough of P4 currently. I got P4A for Ps3 :D

Hey man, I'll do anything to spread good music. You can emulate it on PC /really/ well. I'm doing that with my playthrough of P4 currently. I got P4A for Ps3 :D

I am now playing it finally on my emulator. IT'S SO FREAKING AWESOME! But unfortunately when I tried to play P4A on PS3 through a download, it says "CANNOT PLAY. REGION LOCKED" Imagine how pissed off I am afterwards.

The song is great, but unfortunately not obscure. Any not-so well known game music that you know?