• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

Awesome obscure game music & hidden well known game music thread.

770 posts in this topic

Speaking of Undertale...

Dear god, is this ever beautiful.

O_o

Kaz32 likes this

A bit off-topic, since AFAIK its only referenced in Borderlands 2 (and not in the actual game):

In case you're wondering when it was referenced, Jack says he bought a diamond pony and one of the song lyrics is "buy me a diamond pony and get uncensored". 

Kaz32 likes this

A bit off-topic, since AFAIK its only referenced in Borderlands 2 (and not in the actual game):

In case you're wondering when it was referenced, Jack says he bought a diamond pony and one of the song lyrics is "buy me a diamond pony and get uncensored". 

Aha! So that's where this out of nowhere diamond pony comes from.

Catchy song.

And what a coincidence. I just played a game from out of nowhere that's fucking insane.

Mr. Molotov likes this

Catchy song.

Yes it is. Angelspit is best described as "Skinny Puppy if they were a bubblegum pop band". And if you have no idea who Skinny Puppy is and how they relate to Angelspit, this and this should clear things up.

Catchy song.

Yes it is. Angelspit is best described as "Skinny Puppy if they were a bubblegum pop band". And if you have no idea who Skinny Puppy is and how they relate to Angelspit, this and this should clear things up.

Edit: Apologies for the double-post, my internet connections being screwy right now.

Anyone hear of Noct? Well, regardless the soundtrack's awesome:

And apologies for the triple post.

Heh, times flies when you're having fun, or in my case getting crushed by work. Been quite a bit of time since I last posted here but here we go:

This is the soundtrack from the absolutely amazing cRPG 'The Age of Decadence'. The excellent writing of the game, coupled with a very enjoyable combat system, dark and original world and a story that is very non-linear and accommodates a great deal of variances and choices depending on your background, skills, faction and actions makes it a one-of-a-kind, and easily one of the best RPGs to come out this year:

Considering that I'm a modder, a prolific user of mods and have posted music from mods on this thread before, I felt I would be remiss if I didn't add some. This is from the excellent 'Elder Kings' mod for Crusader Kings 2, based on the setting of the 'Elder Scrolls'

There is far more custom music for the mod, but I could only find the main theme on youtube

Also, now that I'm on the subject of Crusader Kings 2 total conversion mod music, here is the soundtrack of the incredible 'Game of Thrones' Total Conversion mod for the afore mentioned game. It's fairly well know as mods go but then again; it is a mod and thus might fit the whole "obscure" description of the thread

In celebration of it's recent re-release on GOG, here is the soundtrack for 'Warhammer 40,000 EPIC, Final Liberation'. The game is very enjoyable and the live-action cut-scenes are very cool to watch

Birthright: The Gorgon's Alliance. I've got a bit of a weakness for this game given my absolute love for the setting which it is based on (funnily enough that too also has a Crusader Kings 2 mod based on it that is fairly good). Despite this, I am aware of some of the pretty big weaknesses for the game overall, but the soundtrack is fairly solid:

Kaz32 likes this

Heh, times flies when you're having fun, or in my case getting crushed by work. Been quite a bit of time since I last posted here but here we go:

This is the soundtrack from the absolutely amazing cRPG 'The Age of Decadence'. The excellent writing of the game, coupled with a very enjoyable combat system, dark and original world and a story that is very non-linear and accommodates a great deal of variances and choices depending on your background, skills, faction and actions makes it a one-of-a-kind, and easily one of the best RPGs to come out this year:

Considering that I'm a modder, a prolific user of mods and have posted music from mods on this thread before, I felt I would be remiss if I didn't add some. This is from the excellent 'Elder Kings' mod for Crusader Kings 2, based on the setting of the 'Elder Scrolls'

There is far more custom music for the mod, but I could only find the main theme on youtube

Also, now that I'm on the subject of Crusader Kings 2 total conversion mod music, here is the soundtrack of the incredible 'Game of Thrones' Total Conversion mod for the afore mentioned game. It's fairly well know as mods go but then again; it is a mod and thus might fit the whole "obscure" description of the thread

In celebration of it's recent re-release on GOG, here is the soundtrack for 'Warhammer 40,000 EPIC, Final Liberation'. The game is very enjoyable and the live-action cut-scenes are very cool to watch

Birthright: The Gorgon's Alliance. I've got a bit of a weakness for this game given my absolute love for the setting which it is based on (funnily enough that too also has a Crusader Kings 2 mod based on it that is fairly good). Despite this, I am aware of some of the pretty big weaknesses for the game overall, but the soundtrack is fairly solid:

Been a while man!

Age of Decadence eh? I wasn't a fan of turn based rpg, and I was pretty dissapointed that the steam game artwork and the screenshot looks nothing alike, but this looks interesting. I'll give it a look.

Been a while man!

Age of Decadence eh? I wasn't a fan of turn based rpg, and I was pretty dissapointed that the steam game artwork and the screenshot looks nothing alike, but this looks interesting. I'll give it a look.

The combat system can take a while to fully get used to (and it's fairly merciless at the beginning if you're trying to do it as a hybrid character), but believe me when I say that this game is truly worth your time, if but for the quality of the writing, multiple solutions to quests and non-linear structure of the story. And if you absolutely hate the combat and can't stand it in even the most remote sense, then the game provides ample pathways to get through the game without fighting depending on your storyline and whether or not you're clever enough to avoid confrontations (some are less obvious than others, and certain classes/factions/quests are combat-oriented)

I've always gravitated towards non-combat oriented characters in my RPG's, but trying out the combat with a combat oriented character was fairly enjoyable, especially given the wealth of new content that's opened up to you as a result.

The developer is fairly small and worked on the game for a fairly long period of time (10+ years), so it's no real surprise that the graphics aren't AAA-standard (through they still look quite nice given the nature of the game). The focus of the game was (quoted directly from Wikipedia) "to return to the 'golden era' of role-playing games by emphasizing choices and consequences and providing a comprehensive skill set, multiple solutions to quests, and extensive dialogue trees."

If you do end up playing it here's some invaluable advice; have multiple saves and save often.

Also, to return to the point of the thread, here is the soundtrack to the very enjoyable "Al-Qadim: The Genie's Curse (1994)" in celebration of it's recent re-release on GOG!

Secondly, my personal two favourite pieces of music from the very, very underrated RPG Bound by Flame. While the game did have obvious flaws in some of the voice-acting, specific aspects of the companions and certain story elements later on in the game, past that the game is VERY fun to play through, with the combat and crafting system being very enjoyable and intuitive (particularly the later, probably one of the very few times I’ve bothered with such a system in a game) and the characters and writing that, despite their weird quirks here and there, really grows on you and makes the game a real joy to play through. I'll link to another video below the music ones from a reviewer who actually convinced me into trying the game out for the first time and does a good job discussing it.

The following video is NSFW given some of the language used, but I felt it does a good job of exploring a lot of the positive qualities within the game overall

Kaz32 likes this

Mick Gordon - I'm Back (to Rise)

Awesome, but I like his Wolfenstein stuff best:

(already posted the above, but it just that goddamn awesome)

Anyways, Stubbs the Zombie has a great soundtrack:

Best tracks on Stubbs are The Living Dead by Phantom Planet and the covers of Mr. Sandman and My Boyfriend's Back by Oranger and The Raveonettes, respectively.

Zanturaz Cordanza and Kaz32 like this

Mick Gordon - The Partisan

Mick is a fucking god with game soundtracks as of late, he's also doing the new Doom music.

Here is another Killer Instinct theme from him that I love.

Mr. Molotov likes this

Mick is a fucking god with game soundtracks as of late, he's also doing the new Doom music.

That he is. The Wolfenstein: TNO OST is actually my favorite soundtrack for anything. One the things I like best about his music is his ability to ape the sounds of different bands and such while still sounding different. Like how his Killer Instinct stuff sounds like '80s/early '90s metal mixed with Industrial. Or how most of his Wolfenstein: TNO stuff sounds like KMFDM (which is really fitting, since KMFDM started in Germany). Or how The Partisan sounds like NIN's Hurt, only better.

Zanturaz Cordanza likes this

why the whole soundtrack?....because Far Cry that's why 

Secondly, my personal two favourite pieces of music from the very, very underrated RPG Bound by Flame. While the game did have obvious flaws in some of the voice-acting, specific aspects of the companions and certain story elements later on in the game, past that the game is VERY fun to play through, with the combat and crafting system being very enjoyable and intuitive (particularly the later, probably one of the very few times I’ve bothered with such a system in a game) and the characters and writing that, despite their weird quirks here and there, really grows on you and makes the game a real joy to play through. I'll link to another video below the music ones from a reviewer who actually convinced me into trying the game out for the first time and does a good job discussing it.

Awww man, now I remember this epic song. The game's combat is pretty annoying, especially in the final area because the enemies are very2 hard to kill, but the final boss, even though I spend like 10 tries trying to beat it because it's hard as balls, is the best boss fight in the entire game. And with that song accompanying the battle, fucking epic.

These guys made a previous game called Mars: War Logs. The combat is very similar, but they are MUCH easier since the enemies are not as annoyingly durable as Bound by Flame. Really fun game that you can check out.

mars-war-logs.png

Anyways, Stubbs the Zombie has a great soundtrack:

Best tracks on Stubbs are The Living Dead by Phantom Planet and the covers of Mr. Sandman and My Boyfriend's Back by Oranger and The Raveonettes, respectively.

As awesome and as metal as fuck as TNO's songs are, the best song in the game is the credits song.

Man, great song to close such an epic game.

And Stubbs, man that's an obscure game. That game's Sandman song is both awesome and annoying because I have to do a DDR minigame with that disco guy. I can never beat that guy. And too bad that Thriller isn't used because that song is perfect too!

Mr. Molotov likes this

Awww man, now I remember this epic song. The game's combat is pretty annoying, especially in the final area because the enemies are very2 hard to kill, but the final boss, even though I spend like 10 tries trying to beat it because it's hard as balls, is the best boss fight in the entire game. And with that song accompanying the battle, fucking epic.

These guys made a previous game called Mars: War Logs. The combat is very similar, but they are MUCH easier since the enemies are not as annoyingly durable as Bound by Flame. Really fun game that you can check out.

You're referring to the generals in the final area? They're a bloody pain to get through given the amount of damage they could soak up. The Skeletons with two shields were also monstrously hard to beat if they had other enemies helping them (or if there were two of them).

And the final boss? *shiver*, though the boss before him was an absolute pushover.

But the only things about the combat that I ever found irritating were those three enemies that I listed above. Otherwise the combat mechanics themselves were (in my opinion at least) really solid with a combination of two weapon styles and fire magic which were all equally useful in combat and complemented each other, along with what I have to say is the best crafting system* I've seen in recent memory. Also, the game places a great deal of importance in strategically using crossbow bolts, traps and bombs along with normal attacks to take enemies down by having these complementary attacks actually be useful and easy to make and use, something I don't really see a lot of in other action-RPG's. The levelling up system was also fairly good as well.

I might have a look a Mars: War Logs if I get the time, thanks for recommending it.

Anyway, to the point of the thread:

King of Dragon's Pass, an extremely good blend of roleplaying and strategy as you play as the leader of an Orlanthi (human culture group in the world) tribe settling down in a frontier region of the fantasy world of Glorantha. The gameplay is almost entirely communicated by text and illustrations, with there being hundreds of events that has you dealing with the issues for leading a tribe in such a situations in a world mired in expansive myths and history, with the choices not being clear-cut and having far-reaching consequences. The soundtrack is terrific and a joy to listen to as you play and the videos above are among my favourite pieces.

One thing about the game that really impresses me was how the game handled morality and choices: Normally, morality in games is fairly simplistic, clear-cut and mirrors modern value systems.

KODP doesn’t care about modern morality. It doesn’t reward you for being nice, or efficient, or mercenary. Instead, the many parties that make up the world react to you depending on their own weird ideas of morality, their own politics, their own needs. You have to do the same. If you apply modern values to it, you’ll never get anywhere.

And yet, it’s not rigid. Orlanthi laws and customs aren’t laid out in black and white – a great design strength, as it doesn’t get bogged down in rules, or demand that you memorise an encyclopaedia. Your only guide is what people tell you, and they’ll openly admit they’re not sure sometimes. As in real life, there are situations where the right answer isn’t clear to anyone, and not even appealing to tradition can help. Few choices are hard coded, and you can get away with defying your ancestors, subjects, or even the gods themselves, within reason. Your ancestry isn’t your only concern, and nobody’s perfect. The game understands this. The people understand this, and there’s nuance in their opinions. Before long you’ll make a decision that the people dislike, but respect because they see reason in it. Sometimes you can appeal to authority and say “I’m the chief, it’s your place to obey”, and they’ll be fine with this. Hell, you can resolve some crises by composing a poem. Drama bombs can be defused.

Sometimes. With so many background variables, even the exact same decisions can have different results. Telling someone to calm down might work on one occasion, but a second time could only piss her off even more (side note: its attitude to women is pretty great. Men do most of the fighting, but women are capable as fighters and leaders, and ring membership is as meritocratic as you are).

*This may seem like an over-exaggeration, but most crafting systems in RPG's are fairly tacked on and useless. Why spend all that time investing in your crafting skill, gathering materials and then trekking to any crafting stations (if that's a requirement, I'm generalising here) when the weapon/item you make will be rendered obsolete by the weapon/items you pick off dead enemies as you quest? or by items that you can pick up from stores? Bound by Flame at least made their crafting system intuitive and important in comparison to other games that I've played by making crafting components plentiful and easy to find, with basic components able to be used to make advanced ones for specific modifications. Not to mention that it was cheaper and easier to replace bombs, traps crossbow bolts by using crafting, three things that are actually quite useful in this game.

PS: Excuse the tangent that I went on with KODP, it's one of my favourite games of all time an thus I have a lot to say about it.

Kaz32 likes this

This is from an iPhone puzzle game that deals with forced perception. Not only is the game great, but the art style is sooooo cute. And the music is very nice and relaxing. The perfect soundtrack to accompany such a nice game.

This one is also from a great iPhone game. It's a mix of Dark Souls and Zelda Link to the Past. You can't go wrong with that!

First post for 2016! May more great songs that are not so well known this year, or of the past, will be discovered slowly but surely for everyone to hear!

This is from a funky game that I just found out from steam queue called Geometry Dash. It's a rhythm based platformer where you have to move according to the song's beats. I love games like this. 

both of these are in the game Sang-Froid Tales of Werevolves

1T8tQyD.jpg

Kaz32 likes this

Sang-Froid Tales of Werevolves

1T8tQyD.jpg

I completely forgot about this game. I wanted to get it but I kept on forgetting about it. Not anymore! Thanks!

Just beat this visual novel game that I also found from Steam Queue. Man, the soundtrack is amazing. No one else posted a song about this game, which is criminal! So I decided to upload them. Here's the best song in the game.

And the instrumental version

So good.

And here's the ones that I found pretty damn good.

Brutal Doom may not be that obscure anymore, but the soundtrack is frigging awesome. Especially whatever plays during the Nukage Processing level of Hell on Earth, the new Brutal Doom megawad (1:08 in the below video):

Kaz32 likes this

This next one is a funky ass shooter game about different androids fighting evil robots.  

Most of the soundtrack is pretty unique because one song usually doesn't have a consistent tempo. It always speeds up or speeds down in the middle.

Recently playing Mechwarrior : Online since it's hit on Steam and so far having blast and it's fun.

*Because no good Mecha games on PC atm, Godammit!

While the original score of MW2 is epic, these remake version is also epic!

Twisted Chi likes this