• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

Awesome obscure game music & hidden well known game music thread.

771 posts in this topic

On 6/13/2016 at 6:17 AM, TamaskanLEM said:

This mobile tactics game have a great theme song as their intro.

Damn...... that is one surprisingly great song. Totally downloading this song right now!

Just finished this game called Jotun. FANTASTIC soundtrack.

Y'know China is known for many great things; Paper, Gunpowder, Printing, AND SWEET ASS MUSIC!

Honestly there's nothing more fun than beating up thousands of dudes as one of China's famous historical(ly inaccurate) figures while this plays out in the background.

On 8/6/2016 at 7:57 PM, Lazilot said:

Y'know China is known for many great things; Paper, Gunpowder, Printing, AND SWEET ASS MUSIC!

Honestly there's nothing more fun than beating up thousands of dudes as one of China's famous historical(ly inaccurate) figures while this plays out in the background.

Normally I would say Dynasty Warriors is not obscure, but I haven't heard from this game in a while from the dev so.... it has fallen to obscurity it seems! For now...... before Berserk and Dynasty Warriors 9 comes out and remind everyone of this series....

Speaking of Dynasty Warriors, my favorite theme song is from 4

And Lu Bu's theme always kicks ass.

How about a bit of Metal and Organs as boss music?

They don't really make songs like this for bosses anymore, outside of RPGs.

I'm not just posting this out of irony, but because it is a great song from a game that has never garnered in much attention.

...I would also like to point out the lack of Gitaroo Man songs posted in here, so here are some of my favourites.

On 09/08/2016 at 1:16 PM, BleedingChaos23 said:

I'm not just posting this out of irony, but because it is a great song from a game that has never garnered in much attention.

Obscure song from Obscure II.movie

I see what you did there :rolleyes:

likes this

On 8/9/2016 at 10:16 PM, BleedingChaos23 said:

Don't forget the first game.

Such a shame that the second game strips the multiple switchable playable characters mechanic from the first game and decided to just be a much linear game with predetermined deaths. That is such a good gameplay feature that needs to be there to add tension and multiple playthroughs!

On 8/9/2016 at 10:36 PM, BleedingChaos23 said:

...I would also like to point out the lack of Gitaroo Man songs posted in here, so here are some of my favourites.

I completely forgot about this game. Saw the game box in a game store a while ago but I never pick it up.

Wait.... is this..... a guitar battle game? Guitar Hero 3 rips their battle mode from this game!! And that is one badass song! I'm gonna play this game right away.

likes this

Avast ye land lubbers and prepare to be boarded!

Now enjoy this sick sea shanty, or I'll Keelhaul ye!

Honestly there's much better music to be found in the game but the songs are so rare now thanks to youtube's copyright ID system :/

LiquidArea likes this

24 minutes ago, Lazilot said:

Honestly there's much better music to be found in the game but the songs are so rare now thanks to youtube's copyright ID system :/

Yaaar, we need dem sea shanties in here 

On 9/15/2016 at 3:55 AM, Lazilot said:

Damn copyright bullshit.

Here's another pirate songs for ya sea lovers out there!

For me, Ghost Master is one of the most fantastic obscure games from the early 2000s that virtually no one knows about or cares about. It had an amazing OST, imo that ranged from incredibly spiritual to what I like to call "the spoopy sparry speleton spar"

EDIT: Also, who could forget WORMS??? 

Spoiler

Well it's been awhile since I talked about the Army.

The Green Plastic Army that is! Man this song takes me back...

On 9/19/2016 at 10:09 AM, Lazilot said:

Well it's been awhile since I talked about the Army.

The Green Plastic Army that is! Man this song takes me back...

Funny thing about this World War series, I actually think this game is Call of Duty before Call of Duty took off. So many mission varieties and set pieces.

And then I played the game again and I forgot how freaking hard this game is. So many death traps with enemies coming left and right out of nowhere.

Recently found out about this interactive movie game called Virginia. Confusing as hell game, but the music is freaking awesome.

Man I remember when Novalogic used to be on top of... the shelf of 10$ games at Walmart.

But even at 10$ they had kickass music, and this intro for Armored Fist 3 is no exception.

There's this game called Corporate Lifestyle Simulator. Simple zombie killing game, but awesome songs.

And there's also this free game called Awkward Dimensions Redux, also with cool songs. Since it's a game based on a dream, it can be pretty trippy.

Y'know every MOW fan (except me) may avoid this game like the plague but god damn does it have good music.

Alexander452 likes this

Well it's that time of year again so why not celebrate the holidays with some ear raping genesis music from when movie tie in games didn't suck.

May as well be Beethoven's 9th symphony for all I care.

Ryu Ga Gotoku/ Yakuza 6 has been released in Japan, and unfortunately for the US, you'll need to wait till 2018 to get this game. That's really unfair. But here's a taste of what's to come for you peeps that are fans of this series. I highly recommend getting this game imported if you can, because it's damn good.

Two boss fights in particular has such kickass songs.

Yet another MMO on this list unfortunately slain by the corporate overlords.

If you played TOP then I'm sure you know 2007 was a great year for MMOs. Man, this really takes me back...

I wish every game could have a kickass opening like this...

It's just so IN YOUR FACE right from the start and I fucking love it.

Kaz32 likes this

On 1/9/2017 at 11:39 PM, Lazilot said:

I wish every game could have a kickass opening like this...

It's just so IN YOUR FACE right from the start and I fucking love it.

Never got the chance to play one of these God Eater games. Should I start with the original PSP game or is God Eater Resurrection better?

Speaking of in your face, Yakuza 0's intro kicks fucking ass. The original japanese version that is.

Also speaking of the Yakuza series, I played the japanese only Ryu Ga Gotoku Ishin which will NEVER be localized outside of japan because it's too Japanese. Such a fucking shame because this game is not only amazing, but it has one of the best collections of songs in the entire series.

Lazilot likes this