• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

    Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

  • PS4 Forum

    The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

    The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

  • XBO Forum

    The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

    The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

  • News Archive

    The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

    The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

  • More Info

    The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

    The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

  • The Team

    Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

    Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

  • The Tube

    The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

    Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

Awesome obscure game music & hidden well known game music thread.

778 posts in this topic

"Cover me you f*ckin dim diode! We can't leave until this god damn piece of sh*t is fixed."

Honestly this game is just fun as hell; I mean it's got Lasers, Explosions, A BS racing section (which is only worth it for the kickass music as seen above) some comedy and a shit ton of profanity!

 

What's not to love?

 

 

 

 

RogueKnightKisuke93 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Number One, program the holodeck for SOMETHING WARM!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2017 at 3:22 PM, Lazilot said:

Number One, program the holodeck for SOMETHING WARM!

 

Gex? As in, that lizard that always spouts one liners from films and tv shows? Man. Wonder when he's gonna make a comeback.

 

 

I found out this SNES esque game on Steam called Bot Vice. Fantastic soundtrack.

It's a very. Very hard game. But still, pretty damn good! If you have lightning fast reflexes and can dodge every bullet thrown at you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if it counts, but:

This is Gaunter O'dimm's theme from the Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone, except with more guitars more shredding and spookier sound :fearoj:

This game absolutely has the best OST I've heard...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2017 at 11:51 PM, Ranisel said:

Not sure if it counts, but:

This is Gaunter O'dimm's theme from the Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone, except with more guitars more shredding and spookier sound :fearoj:

This game absolutely has the best OST I've heard...

 

.......Are you telling me Witcher 3, one of the most popular game in recent memories that everyone knows about, and Joe's GOTY for 2015, IS OBSCURE??? BLASPHEMOUS! Who dares not know about this game?? I will have them brought to trial and play this game for 100+ hours so they will never forget this game! 

 

All joking aside, this is totally not obscure aka not everyone knows about it. Still, good remix of that Master Mirror's theme.

 

Back on track with Wonder Boy: the Dragon's Trap, a remaster of the old Sega game Wonder Boy 3 Dragon's Trap. Full of so many good orchestral renditions.

This is the original version

And this is the remastered one.

MUAH, LUV IT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RogueKnightKisuke93 said:

 

My favorite tracks from these under the radar fighting gems.

These ones are my personal favorites from Melty Blood.

Aoko's projectiles are a pain in the ass, but with a song like this, I can't get mad at this boss fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a unique game this is, filled with religious symbolism, philosophical exploration, and unraveling mysteries.

Something I really liked about this track is, it's at a very big moment in the game's DLC story, and it's basically an intense redo of the Main Menu choir. Chills were felt.

Kaz32 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2017 at 6:52 PM, Cyborg-Rox said:

What a unique game this is, filled with religious symbolism, philosophical exploration, and unraveling mysteries.

Something I really liked about this track is, it's at a very big moment in the game's DLC story, and it's basically an intense redo of the Main Menu choir. Chills were felt.

 

I actually sang a version of this song in church choir. Lol

 

There's this one game called Not a Hero, which is about this bunny.... alien thing that sends a bunch of assassins to wipe out crime. Not because he wants to fight for justice no, he just did it to get votes to become mayor of his city. This game has a lot of cool chip-tune esque music.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you guys know that the Mummy Tom Cruise film has a tie in game? And it's actually a pretty damn solid Metroidvania game with a fantastic soundtrack?

 

Sad to say that this game is infinitely better than that car crash of a movie, although that's.... actually a good thing. :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next up is..... this unexpectedly funky soundtrack from Dropchord. AKA the game that Double Fine made that's not Broken Age or remasterings of old 90s LucasArts point and click games.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently stumbled upon this surprisingly depressing game called Owlboy. It has a lot of GREAT music though to accompany the ups and downs of the poor protagonist's life. This kid needs a hug real bad.

 

 

There's also this game called the Silver Case, made by SUDA 51 before his more popular No More Heroes game. The game itself is a Visual Novel with many dialogues and moving to different spots just to trigger people talking to continue the story, but the music is damn sweet. I would love this game even more if there's actual detective gameplay.

 

 

And this one I found while I was searching for this particular PS1 game that's an action game + fighting game hybrid. And during this expedition, I found a pretty interesting fighting game called Zero Divide, with a funky music.

 

 

 

The name of that game I'm looking for: Abala Burn. WTF kind of title is that?? Cool game though.

 

And even cooler, it's made by the same dev team that made Senran Kagura.

 

 

That's right, they now made this:

 

Boobiees........ ahem I mean great job dev team!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, love a good soundtrack with good speakers. Especially piano or violin versions of game songs. FF7 is always a good choice, as are both Chrono games (like a lot of other qualities about it, the music in Chrono Cross is way underrated). Chrono Trigger is probably my overall favorite though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, cowolter said:

Ah, love a good soundtrack with good speakers. Especially piano or violin versions of game songs. FF7 is always a good choice, as are both Chrono games (like a lot of other qualities about it, the music in Chrono Cross is way underrated). Chrono Trigger is probably my overall favorite though.

There are tons of games that flew under the radar that has amazing soundtracks besides those well known games, which is why I made this thread so people will know about them. Have a listen yourself! There's a lot of great songs to enjoy. :) 

 

Like this game that I recently played: Dominus. A gladiator simulator game, with a surprisingly kickass soundtrack.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's more obscure than that PSP exclusive sequel to Valkyria Chronicles that so few people in America played it basically killed the series over here and WE'LL NEVER SEE AN OFFICIAL ENGLISH RELEASE OF VALKYRIA CHRONICLES III BECAUSE OF IT!? *Ahem*... but seriously I do love this game and it's music. Hitoshi Sakimoto is a fucking god!

 

 

Kaz32 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/07/2018 at 6:32 PM, Lazilot said:

What's more obscure than that PSP exclusive sequel to Valkyria Chronicles that so few people in America played it basically killed the series over here and WE'LL NEVER SEE AN OFFICIAL ENGLISH RELEASE OF VALKYRIA CHRONICLES III BECAUSE OF IT!? *Ahem*... but seriously I do love this game and it's music. Hitoshi Sakimoto is a fucking god!

 

 

I recently completed the first game after 1 year of not playing it. Glad I finally finished that game. 

 

Good news is the fans of the game made an english patch right here

 

 

 

This next song is from one of the best Metroidvania games to ever feature a Luchadore, Guacamelee 2. Recenly released in August & no one besides me and a few others talked about it. WHY? THIS GAME IS AWESOME!

 

 

And this one is from the, MUAH, byoutiful surprise release that was Deltarune. Aka Undertale 2, or 0 I don't know. But what I do know is the music is still fucking phenomeally good!

Unfortunately this is only chapter 1 and the full game is not out until an undetermined time. ARRGHHH!!!! I WANT THE FULL VERSION NOW!!

Lazilot likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm appalled that I haven't posted this before considering it's one of my favourite games, it's incredibly obscure (Hell there wasn't even an english version of the second chapter until 2015 ffs 2015 ON A PSP!) and the music that accompanies you on your journey throughout it is easily the strongest and most touching part.

And that theme...

I swear, when I heard it play at the end of the first chapter, after being put through what is possibly the saddest ending of all time I literally shed tears and rarely does a game ever garner that much emotion from me, so that's some seriously high praise coming from me.

 

Kaz32 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/01/2019 at 2:03 AM, Lazilot said:

I'm appalled that I haven't posted this before considering it's one of my favourite games, it's incredibly obscure (Hell there wasn't even an english version of the second chapter until 2015 ffs 2015 ON A PSP!) and the music that accompanies you on your journey throughout it is easily the strongest and most touching part.

And that theme...

I swear, when I heard it play at the end of the first chapter, after being put through what is possibly the saddest ending of all time I literally shed tears and rarely does a game ever garner that much emotion from me, so that's some seriously high praise coming from me.

 

There's so many games that made me cry that I don't think I can get sad anymore, so I'm curious on how depressing this will be. I heard many things about this game & I know that there's actually other games set in the same universe like Trails of Cold Steel. One day I'll try this game and the sequels.

 

 

This next one is from a VR puzzle game called GNOG that I just stumbled upon. Quite a relaxing soundtrack

 

And this is from a rhythm platformer called 140. There's only 2 song, the stage song and the boss song, but there's loads of variations which makes the song different for each stages.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's not technically an official soundtrack but I've been playing this mod for AOE2 set around the time of the Viking Expansion and there's a custom music pack that replaces all of the in-game music with well...

 

 

Which is great because If I'm being honest the original AOE2 Soundtrack never gets this epic.

 

Kaz32 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/03/2019 at 6:00 AM, Lazilot said:

I know it's not technically an official soundtrack but I've been playing this mod for AOE2 set around the time of the Viking Expansion and there's a custom music pack that replaces all of the in-game music with well...

 

 

Which is great because If I'm being honest the original AOE2 Soundtrack never gets this epic.

 

 

Wow. That is damn good. This is perfect for Mount and Blade 2, which I'm still waiting for right now. Can't wait for that game to finally be out!

 

This next song is from a horribly sad game Devotion. It was out on Steam, but it's not for sale anymore because the game got bombed with negative reviews, over a poster in the background that makes fun of the Chinese president. That and many other political anti Chinese stuff the dev was accused of promoting which I don't give a shit about.

 

Anyway, this song is played at the end of the game, which is surprisingly awesome.

 

Made me cry though after all the things that happen in the game. This game is too sad....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2019 at 0:43 AM, Kaz32 said:

 

Wow. That is damn good. This is perfect for Mount and Blade 2, which I'm still waiting for right now. Can't wait for that game to finally be out!

 

Speaking of, I think Warband falls well within the bounds of an obscure game as I don't know many people who are still talking about the medieval RTS/RPG hybrid I fell in love with back in 2010 that I still play on a frankly religious basis -- so with that in mind here's some tracks from some of my favourite mods for it!

 

 

 

 

 

Kaz32 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've compiled a list of top 5 legendary videogame tracks, do you agree with my evaluation?

Check the list out and visit my Bloggity, also, waiting for your feedback here! =D

Cheers!

Kaz32 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/05/2019 at 4:53 PM, Bartordermen said:

I've compiled a list of top 5 legendary videogame tracks, do you agree with my evaluation?

Check the list out and visit my Bloggity, also, waiting for your feedback here! =D

Cheers!

Well, they're of course really good soundtracks. And it's your list so good on you for sharing your favorite songs!

 

In the end though making just a top 5 is a disservice to music in gaming. We can't just pinpoint 5 game soundtracks since thousands of games have amazing music created by wonderfully talented musicians that bring each game to life. A lot of the unknown small/obscure ones especially are in this specific thread which you can check out.

 

But if you're curious about which soundtracks are my personal favorites, here are just 6 of hundreds that I can think off:

 

Undertale. So much so that I actually made a mix with Through the Fire and Flames

 

Nier Automata. Brilliant soundtrack for that one & every song tells their own story which accompanies the game so damn well

 

Shadow of the Colossus. Battling gigantic monsters with epic orchestral songs makes climbing them so damn goooooodddd.

 

 

Jotun. Perfect songs to accompany this Viking road to Valhalla

 

 

Furi. What's cool is that this is a boss rush game & every single bosses have their own theme which gets even more intense each time you take out their health bars

 

 

And Mighty Switch Force 2. Because it's so funky it's awesome!

 

This doesn't mean that these 6 are a top 6 for me. Hell naw. If I have to make a personal favorite soundtrack list, that list will be a 100 list where every songs are in no particular order because there's so many amazing soundtracks!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Rightyo, moving on to the next song I just discovered:

There's a pretty damn slick "one hit you're dead" action game called Katana Zero that was released recently, and what's cool about this game is that before a mission, the main character actually puts on his music player & play these kickass songs while planning his assassinations. He has swag yo

 

It's annoying that this game ends on such a big cliffhanger. ARRRGHH, I WANT MORE OF THIS GAME, MORE!!!

Lazilot likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm afraid most of my top tracks would be made almost exclusively up of games from my childhood I'm still nostalgic for. A surprising number of which were tank games...

 

 

 

 

 

 

And from then on it gets pretty generic with me playing nothing but Medal of Honor, Battlefield and Call of Duty for like the next 8 years or so. Although while I'm here taking a look back I will say that Battlefield 2142 definitely had the best remix of that classic theme:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/05/2019 at 4:02 AM, Lazilot said:

I'm afraid most of my top tracks would be made almost exclusively up of games from my childhood I'm still nostalgic for. A surprising number of which were tank games...

 

 

 

 

 

 

And from then on it gets pretty generic with me playing nothing but Medal of Honor, Battlefield and Call of Duty for like the next 8 years or so. Although while I'm here taking a look back I will say that Battlefield 2142 definitely had the best remix of that classic theme:

 

You already posted Steel Reign back in...... 2016?? Holy crap, time flies!

 

 

Speaking of Tank games, here's another one from my childhood that's pretty dope called Mass Destruction.

 

Cool songs as well

 

 

This next one is Rive, a game that I haven't played in a while but finally got back to because of the Steam Spring Cleaning event, and I'm glad I did because this game is really fun, and with a great soundtrack!

 

Lazilot likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now