• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

Awesome obscure game music & hidden well known game music thread.

766 posts in this topic

"Cover me you f*ckin dim diode! We can't leave until this god damn piece of sh*t is fixed."

Honestly this game is just fun as hell; I mean it's got Lasers, Explosions, A BS racing section (which is only worth it for the kickass music as seen above) some comedy and a shit ton of profanity!

What's not to love?

RogueKnightKisuke93 likes this

Number One, program the holodeck for SOMETHING WARM!

On 3/12/2017 at 3:22 PM, Lazilot said:

Number One, program the holodeck for SOMETHING WARM!

Gex? As in, that lizard that always spouts one liners from films and tv shows? Man. Wonder when he's gonna make a comeback.

I found out this SNES esque game on Steam called Bot Vice. Fantastic soundtrack.

It's a very. Very hard game. But still, pretty damn good! If you have lightning fast reflexes and can dodge every bullet thrown at you.

Not sure if it counts, but:

This is Gaunter O'dimm's theme from the Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone, except with more guitars more shredding and spookier sound :fearoj:

This game absolutely has the best OST I've heard...

On 6/4/2017 at 11:51 PM, Ranisel said:

Not sure if it counts, but:

This is Gaunter O'dimm's theme from the Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone, except with more guitars more shredding and spookier sound :fearoj:

This game absolutely has the best OST I've heard...

.......Are you telling me Witcher 3, one of the most popular game in recent memories that everyone knows about, and Joe's GOTY for 2015, IS OBSCURE??? BLASPHEMOUS! Who dares not know about this game?? I will have them brought to trial and play this game for 100+ hours so they will never forget this game! 

All joking aside, this is totally not obscure aka not everyone knows about it. Still, good remix of that Master Mirror's theme.

Back on track with Wonder Boy: the Dragon's Trap, a remaster of the old Sega game Wonder Boy 3 Dragon's Trap. Full of so many good orchestral renditions.

This is the original version

And this is the remastered one.

MUAH, LUV IT!

13 hours ago, RogueKnightKisuke93 said:

My favorite tracks from these under the radar fighting gems.

These ones are my personal favorites from Melty Blood.

Aoko's projectiles are a pain in the ass, but with a song like this, I can't get mad at this boss fight.

What a unique game this is, filled with religious symbolism, philosophical exploration, and unraveling mysteries.

Something I really liked about this track is, it's at a very big moment in the game's DLC story, and it's basically an intense redo of the Main Menu choir. Chills were felt.

Kaz32 likes this

On 6/25/2017 at 6:52 PM, Cyborg-Rox said:

What a unique game this is, filled with religious symbolism, philosophical exploration, and unraveling mysteries.

Something I really liked about this track is, it's at a very big moment in the game's DLC story, and it's basically an intense redo of the Main Menu choir. Chills were felt.

I actually sang a version of this song in church choir. Lol

There's this one game called Not a Hero, which is about this bunny.... alien thing that sends a bunch of assassins to wipe out crime. Not because he wants to fight for justice no, he just did it to get votes to become mayor of his city. This game has a lot of cool chip-tune esque music.

Did you guys know that the Mummy Tom Cruise film has a tie in game? And it's actually a pretty damn solid Metroidvania game with a fantastic soundtrack?

Sad to say that this game is infinitely better than that car crash of a movie, although that's.... actually a good thing. :P 

Next up is..... this unexpectedly funky soundtrack from Dropchord. AKA the game that Double Fine made that's not Broken Age or remasterings of old 90s LucasArts point and click games.

I recently stumbled upon this surprisingly depressing game called Owlboy. It has a lot of GREAT music though to accompany the ups and downs of the poor protagonist's life. This kid needs a hug real bad.

There's also this game called the Silver Case, made by SUDA 51 before his more popular No More Heroes game. The game itself is a Visual Novel with many dialogues and moving to different spots just to trigger people talking to continue the story, but the music is damn sweet. I would love this game even more if there's actual detective gameplay.

And this one I found while I was searching for this particular PS1 game that's an action game + fighting game hybrid. And during this expedition, I found a pretty interesting fighting game called Zero Divide, with a funky music.

The name of that game I'm looking for: Abala Burn. WTF kind of title is that?? Cool game though.

And even cooler, it's made by the same dev team that made Senran Kagura.

That's right, they now made this:

Boobiees........ ahem I mean great job dev team!

Ah, love a good soundtrack with good speakers. Especially piano or violin versions of game songs. FF7 is always a good choice, as are both Chrono games (like a lot of other qualities about it, the music in Chrono Cross is way underrated). Chrono Trigger is probably my overall favorite though.

10 hours ago, cowolter said:

Ah, love a good soundtrack with good speakers. Especially piano or violin versions of game songs. FF7 is always a good choice, as are both Chrono games (like a lot of other qualities about it, the music in Chrono Cross is way underrated). Chrono Trigger is probably my overall favorite though.

There are tons of games that flew under the radar that has amazing soundtracks besides those well known games, which is why I made this thread so people will know about them. Have a listen yourself! There's a lot of great songs to enjoy. :) 

Like this game that I recently played: Dominus. A gladiator simulator game, with a surprisingly kickass soundtrack.

What's more obscure than that PSP exclusive sequel to Valkyria Chronicles that so few people in America played it basically killed the series over here and WE'LL NEVER SEE AN OFFICIAL ENGLISH RELEASE OF VALKYRIA CHRONICLES III BECAUSE OF IT!? *Ahem*... but seriously I do love this game and it's music. Hitoshi Sakimoto is a fucking god!

Kaz32 likes this

On 19/07/2018 at 6:32 PM, Lazilot said:

What's more obscure than that PSP exclusive sequel to Valkyria Chronicles that so few people in America played it basically killed the series over here and WE'LL NEVER SEE AN OFFICIAL ENGLISH RELEASE OF VALKYRIA CHRONICLES III BECAUSE OF IT!? *Ahem*... but seriously I do love this game and it's music. Hitoshi Sakimoto is a fucking god!

I recently completed the first game after 1 year of not playing it. Glad I finally finished that game. 

Good news is the fans of the game made an english patch right here

This next song is from one of the best Metroidvania games to ever feature a Luchadore, Guacamelee 2. Recenly released in August & no one besides me and a few others talked about it. WHY? THIS GAME IS AWESOME!

And this one is from the, MUAH, byoutiful surprise release that was Deltarune. Aka Undertale 2, or 0 I don't know. But what I do know is the music is still fucking phenomeally good!

Unfortunately this is only chapter 1 and the full game is not out until an undetermined time. ARRGHHH!!!! I WANT THE FULL VERSION NOW!!

Lazilot likes this