• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CurriedPierogies

Grand Theft Auto V PC/PS4/Xbone

GTA 5 Next Gen/PC   58 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get gta 5 on Xbox 360 or PS3?

• PS3
    • Xbox 360
    • I did not get GTA 5
  2. 2. Are you planning to get GTA 5 on PS4/Xbone/PC?

• PS4
    • Xbone
    • PC
    • I am not planning to get GTA 5

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

46 posts in this topic

Just wondering how many people will be getting gta 5 on any of the upcoming releases...

Known/Confirmed Improvements over last gen

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52308/grand-theft-auto-v-release-dates-and-exclusive-content (16 screenshots here as well)

Rockstar Games is proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto V will arrive on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on November 18, 2014 with the PC version to follow January 27, 2015.

Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will feature a range of major visual and technical upgrades to make Los Santos and Blaine County more immersive than ever. In addition to increased draw distances and higher resolution, players can expect a range of additions and improvements including:

-       New weapons, vehicles and activities
-       Additional wildlife
-       Denser traffic
-       New foliage system
-       Enhanced damage and weather effects, and much more

Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will also feature enhanced radio selections with over 100 additional new songs and new DJ mixes from returning DJs across the game’s 17 radio stations.

All players who pre-order the game will get $1,000,000 in-game bonus cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online (GTA$500K each for your Story Mode and for your GTA Online in-game bank accounts).

A host of new, exclusive content also awaits for players returning from the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions including rare versions of classic vehicles to collect from across the Grand Theft Auto series such as the Dukes, the Dodo Seaplane and a faster, more maneuverable Blimp; activities including wildlife photography and new shooting range challenges, new weapons and more.

Enhancements to Grand Theft Auto Online include an increased player count, with online play now for up to 30 players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. All existing gameplay upgrades and Rockstar-created content released since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online will also be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC with much more to come.

Existing players will be able to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to their choice of PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC. For more info about gaining access to exclusive content for returning players, please visit rockstargames.com/V/bonuscontent.

Rumored Improvements/Not Confirmed

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/2h1lix/google_cache_of_rockstar_webpage_reveals_gta_v/

New Features in GTAV and GTA Online for PS4, Xbox One, and PC

Rockstar Games September 12, 2014 08:38 Question: When upgrading from the Xbox 360 or PS3 version of GTAV to a PS4, Xbox One, or PC version, what changes will I see?
Answer: Grand Theft Auto V will take full advantage of the power of the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC with across-the-board graphical and technical improvements to deliver a stunning new level of detail. Increased draw distances, finer texture details, denser traffic, and enhanced resolutions all work together to bring new life to the cities, towns, deserts and oceans of Rockstar North’s epic reimagining of Southern California.
All new content and gameplay created since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online, including an extensive array of new Jobs, an arsenal of new weapons, scores of new vehicles, new properties and player customizations will also be available for the PlayStation 4 system, Xbox One and PC with much more to come. In addition, the current community of players will have the ability to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to their choice of PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC.
Grand Theft Auto V for PC will also feature a video editor designed for advanced movie-making.
In addition to the above features, you'll see:
• A brand new first person mode for vehicles that shows the interior of the vehicle, including working speedometers, tachometers, dash lights, and more
• A brand new first person mode while on foot
• A wealth of new easter eggs and random events for Story Mode
• New animals roaming Los Santos
• Animals in GTA Online?
• Players that transfer characters from Xbox 360 or PS3 will receive free new weapons and a free garage in GTA Online.
• Newly overhauled character selection screen
For the latest on new features coming to GTAV and GTA Online on Xbox One, PS4, and PC, click "Subscribe" at the top of this page and check out our community forum.

Both Trailers that have been released so far

As for me, I'll probably be getting it on PS4 and PC since my Xbox 360 died for the 4th time and I can't even play gta on it anymore :<

PS4 Baby its started on Playstation its will be played the best on PS4 until the PC get a GOOD port.

PS4 Baby its started on Playstation its will be played the best on PS4 until the PC get a GOOD port.

Actually, the first Grand Theft Auto released on the PC on February 28, 1998 before the PS1 on June 30, 1998. So technically, it started on PC. But as far as consoles go, you're right, it started on Playstation.

On the slim chance that I will get it, it'll be on the PS4. Then way later on when it's incredibly cheap on a Steam Sale, on the PC... which I probably wouldn't play. If I do get it on the PS4, I'll probably wait for it to go down in price (I'll probably cave and get it on or near day 1 though, just like I did with Destiny).

I always regret trading it in for the 360 so I will probably pick it up again for PS4.  I heard that Online mode STILL hasn't released the promised heist missions. I hope that's not true. Also 1,000,000 is pretty generous to be able to use online. Considering that's pretty much all you need to be able to buy an apartment with a garage and store all your nice cars in.

I had/have it on the 360, will be getting the next gen on PS4 and PC sometime later (for the epic mods that will no doubt be made)

Yes I have played it religiously  (story / online) since its release on PS3. I will buy the PS4 release on Nov 18th as well.

If I do get it it won't be when it launches since there are so many new games that are coming out around the same time. I'll either buy it used or when there is a sale going on.

GTA IV was in technical aspect horrible on X360 and PS3 and PC.

GTA V is one of the worst running games ever seen on X360 and PS3.

good game - crap technical devs.

GTA V on PS4 X1 PC?

maybe i get it on a budget-sale; not earlier.

btw.

Rockstar Vienna (formerly neo Software Produktions GmbH) was a Vienna, Austria-based developer of video games, and a sub-division of Rockstar Games. Rockstar Vienna was founded on 4 January 1993 by Niki Laber and Hannes Seifert, joined Take-Two Interactive in February 2001, and was announced to join Rockstar Games during the tenth anniversary of the company in 2003. As of 2005, the company claimed to employ an estimated 100 people.

On 11 May 2006, Take-Two Interactive closed the Rockstar Vienna office without prior announcement; and employees were denied access to their workplace by security personnel in the morning.

so GTFO Take-Two

GTA IV was in technical aspect horrible on X360 and PS3 and PC.

Did a Dev say this? Don't know how anyone can say this when it was only out for two of those three platforms,

Just noticed that you said GTA IV.

GTA V is one of the worst running games ever seen on X360 and PS3.

Well, it looked like it ran properly on the PS3 for me. Though those disappearing car garage bugs were a pain in the ass.

I own the game for both the Xbox 360/PS3 and will be preordering next week for the PS4 version. :D

This seems like a general discussion thread, not sure why it's in the PlayStation 4 section.

I don't think better graphics and first person. will bring me back to a game i played for 1000 hours.

I don't think better graphics and first person. will bring me back to a game i played for 1000 hours.

adding first person mode to the game definitely adds another dynamic to it. Just from the initial videos and what they're showing so far it seems like first person mode makes the game play, feel and look entirely different.

Well, in any case, here's a comparison video between PS3 and PS4:

I still stand by not being it at full price, partly because of financial reasons.

I definitely wouldn't buy it at full price, even with everything they've done to it. But I think there is enough there for me to buy it at some stage. I think if it was at £20 or lower I'd pick it up.

adding first person mode to the game definitely adds another dynamic to it. Just from the initial videos and what they're showing so far it seems like first person mode makes the game play, feel and look entirely different.

Yep it definitely feels different base on the preview videos. I really like to get this game but my wallet is murdered already :/

Watching this video is making the game pretty darn tempting. This visual upgrade is totally different from other remaster versions like The Last of Us. Can we even call this a remaster? It's like they overhauled everything.

With the added First Person mode now revealed, the updated graphics, the extra content, I can see this selling like hot cakes.

Since my PS3 copy got smashed somehow, I'm buying it for the PS4.

Im still undecided if i should get Dragon age inquistion first ot GTA V first. I know both are good. Someone help.

Im still undecided if i should get Dragon age inquistion first ot GTA V first. I know both are good. Someone help.

If you got GTA V on a previous generation Console, the better bet will probably be Inquisition.

Official crew for the next gen version of GTA is up http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/angrygrandtheftarmy

Beat me to the punch. But yes with Grand Theft Auto V Next Gen release around the corner, we're taking our own big stick and throwing it into the mix. By big stick hah I mean Trevor's hah... spoilers... Nonetheless all following questions can simply be answered with Craigr910's link above to the front page article. If you have questions that weren't address or just general, like in the article if you're a PS4 guy either send a message. Or post in thread here, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for the coming week.

Also the following Saturday Nov. 22nd I'll be hosting a Game Night for Grand Theft Auto V on the PS4. Seeing how the cap has been raised to 30 lobby, I like to see the madness there. So if you want to come on and play with other AJSA members visit our thread @ http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/21010-game-night-nov-22nd-grand-theft-auto-v/ . You'll find instructions on how you can join.

ZhBgaYV.png

Still don't know. I got it on the Xbox 360, but plauying the same game on the PS4 for full price just for some fancy graphics. Don't know!

Still picking between Far Cry 4 and this one. (thought about AC Unity, but we all know how that is right now ;) )

GTAV Haiku:

I sit in wonder

grand of it’s theft next as fifth

return me madness

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0