• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GutsyWiseRobert7

DESTINY STORY THEORY

7 posts in this topic

I stumbled across this theory that we are the bad guys because class names have negitive connotation were Knights are good. The Traveler is a giant weapon that Human used destroyed Golden age, or the Travaler sacrafices races like Fallen and Cabal to darkness to survie and Humans have just lasted longer , and Rasputin A.I. you released realised this and excaped to reconnect to attack Traveler.

Another theory is that the Traveler is A.I. and was created  killed its creaters and turned them in to machines the Evo or it created the evo to fight them, thats why Future War Cult leader is so blood thristy she was a creator or was created to lead it.

Note the one Human Faction the Dead Orbit think its the Traveler is the one who ended the Golden Age.

I could see something like that happening. What evidence do you know of to support this theory?

My theory is that The Traveller is actually a source of Chaos.

It makes planets habitable that were never meant to be.

It extends the life span of creatures far past their time.

It's agents even bring the dead back to life.

"Miracles" indeed.

The Darkness is just a balancing factor, meant to restore the Order that The Traveller has been destroying over the course of its existence.

GiraffeOverlord likes this

It's one interpretation. I like a good twist

Unfortunately there is so little story given to us it could turn out to be anything.

So... It's a trap?

I suppose it's possible. Though if that were the case then the Awoken in the reef would have said something. The queen had 2 fallen bodyguards, but that doesn't do much. At the beginning of the Archon Priest strike, a sort of "prison" is mentioned in the reef that holds powerful aliens so it's possible they have made peaceful contact with other races, but they never relay any of this information so it's also possible that they simply capture powerful foes as a sort of "If you do attack us, we'll execute all your people" or something.

From the parts I've read in the "grimoire" on the bungie site, some of it can support a theory like yours, but other parts go against it. In one entry it mentions the Hunter Vanguards experience with a Fallen : 

"I had a line of egress and while yes it was full of Thrall I had a backup too. I went upslope. Took cover in the shadow of a crashed Phaeton. Emptied my machine gun, ducked down to reload, and saw her at the other end of the hull, killing Thrall: a Fallen in Exile colors, bannered in the marks of a Baron, though the flags were claw-torn and stained with Hive ash. She was alone. I think she must have lost her crew.
I didn't really have time to shoot her and she didn't really have time to shoot me so we just went back to killing Hive. Knights pushed me out into the open and back up the range to a high stone saddle in the shadow of an old interferometry array. It was good ground so she came up there too.
For a while we just killed things which is hard to make interesting in a story so I'll pass it over.
At the end the Wizards came. I climbed the array to get an angle on them and she fell back to the base of the antennae where she broke her swords off in a Knight. I saw that happen and I don't know if I can tell you how I felt. She was another living thing with a mind I could understand and she hadn't howled at me or tried to eat my Ghost. I cheered when the Knight went down.
When I came down, empty on all guns, she was slumped against a bulkhead staring at me with all her tiny black eyes. Ether leaking out of her like smoke. The Knight hadn't died easily. Downslope the last Wizard moved like fire behind another line of Thrall.
I looked at her and wondered how many innocent human lives she'd ended on those broken blades.
She did the strangest thing then. Took the last shock pistol from her bandolier and threw it between us, as if to offer it. When I went to pick it up she tried to knife me, but she was slow, and when I broke her arms and opened her throat she didn't seem surprised.
To this day I wonder if she hated me, or wanted to make me kill her, or just felt she should spare me the choice.
I did kill a few Thrall with that pistol. "

So from there we get the impression that fallen try to eat the Ghosts, might be an important clue for something, I dunno. But it proves that Fallen aren't mindless, but go for violence first.
Another entry has an interesting part from a Dreg's perspective
"what others call dark which is not I know what it is but no time room calm given for an appropriate telling so I say only that what is not shadow is an ally and a wonder and I respect what I cannot steal from and you cannot take from the dark you can claim only pain from the dark and that is why the dark is worthy of love beyond all other love that astonishing ability to evade being robbed"

That's a bit confusing in my opinion, but it seems to have a sort of love/hate deal with the darkness. Like Gollum and the ring from LotR.

The Cabal seem to be a more organized military force deployed to mars. I get the impression they are more of brutes, stripping worlds of resources and such. But also more intelligent than that.
"Their equipment, tactics, and morale all show the weight of a long deployment - but they continue to pursue their objectives with dogged, weary determination."

So why are they in this system? Do they see worlds the traveler effects as a sort of treasure? It would make sense, though you'd think this would make them possible allies?
"There is a vast Empire behind these creatures, many star systems away. Some pledge allegiance to that far Empire, obeying their ancient marching orders. Some do not. They disagree among themselves about the answers."
Lots of questions. The Hive seem much more mindless with things like "Their strength is not their own. They draw from another force, something that corrupts, that distorts, that eats and will not be satisfied." So if the theory of the traveler is it being evil, they the hive are trying to "cleanse" it's light. 
The vex, well I don't have enough information on them. Need to find more ghosts. Might explore venus more.

What was I talking about again?

Rasputin i think will become a major charactor and that you will have to make a choice to help him or follow your Ghost.