• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sirrobert

Elite: Dangerous

64 posts in this topic

Player pirates are exceedingly rare, and NPC pirates are rarely interdict and if they do are too dumb to really stop you. So playing in open as a trader should feel really safe as long as you don't go into anarchy systems. Your biggest concern will be flying into the station letterbox without having asked for docking permission.

Your biggest concern will be flying into the station letterbox without having asked for docking permission.

Been there, done that.... stations didn't like me when I do that. The NPC pirates seem kind of random when interdicting, I an go a day or two and see none whatsoever (even when poping though anarchy systems) only to have one jump me in federation space about 5LS from the nearest station. So far nothing I can't handle with X3 dots focused into weapons and shields (no guns, so no point in weapons) worst I have suffered so far is a 200-300 credit repair bill. Although I am not going to get the basic hauler because I'll just be easy prey for them. I'll get a Light explorer ship (Adder) and build up a good map of say 50-100 LY around my starting zone. once I have a good map of trade goods worked out I'll upgrade to a fancier trade ship and get to work making credits. The credits I make from making such a map should be decent.

I've noticed that some blips on my radar have flipped from orange to green when I am near them, I am guessing that means I earned more reputation with that faction so they are considered friendly rather then neutral now?

I've noticed that some blips on my radar have flipped from orange to green when I am near them, I am guessing that means I earned more reputation with that faction so they are considered friendly rather then neutral now?

Yep. Green = friendly/allied.

I think Darker orange = below neutral, otw to unfriendly.

But then again, I'm colorblind, so thoose orange colors might just be playing with me.

You can always check your reputation with the various sub-factions in each system, through the right side hud.

Jackschmit likes this

When doing quests that require you to transport slaves for profit, do imperial slaves count, or must the quest objective say "imperial slaves" for it to count?

It seem to me I shouldn't smuggle slaves without answering this question.

EDIT: Looks like slaves means NON imperial, I assumed that was the case, just hoped that it wasn't. I guess Imperial slaves are only for Imperial faction stuff. makes sense,

Heh it is wonderful game. Just last 2 weeks i play it less. Really want to play it coop or something - maybe will wait for wings. Not sure. If there is formed some Angry group or you need one more noob in your friend list - feel free to add me - CMDR Invicta Vultis.

Playing with keyboard and mouse only. Got X-Flight HOTAS but after trying it a little bit i banished it to the room corner. Probably for a long time. Not in a mood to learn how to walk again.

This is my way of the nooburai (including silly grammatical mistakes):

Jackschmit likes this

Heh it is wonderful game. Just last 2 weeks i play it less. Really want to play it coop or something - maybe will wait for wings. Not sure. If there is formed some Angry group or you need one more noob in your friend list - feel free to add me - CMDR Invicta Vultis.

Playing with keyboard and mouse only. Got X-Flight HOTAS but after trying it a little bit i banished it to the room corner. Probably for a long time. Not in a mood to learn how to walk again.

This is my way of the nooburai (including silly grammatical mistakes):

Not bad. I've seen some worst set-ups for conda hunting with a Viper. Personally i find Fixed beams and Rails to be really effective.

I'd be happy to play with ya some time. However right now I mainly run rare trade in Big Betty(My Type 6), but once Wings comes out I'll be back to Bounty Hunting in Claymore(My Viper)

In-game name is CMDR Jim2D

Add CMRD Kinky if you are all not already bored to death of lux routes and find other stuff to do in the game.

Not bad. I've seen some worst set-ups for conda hunting with a Viper. Personally i find Fixed beams and Rails to be really effective.

right now I mainly run rare trade in Big Betty(My Type 6)

Yeah I'm flying a Type 6 right now myself. Loving it, and even once I upgrade to a larger trade ship (I am thinking a Imperial Clipper for my next trade ship) I'll hold onto the Type 6 and mayhaps outfit it for mining . In Case I haven't mentioned it yet I'm Playing as CMDR Jack Schmit.

With Wings being live now I figured I'd check to see if we have more people wanted to group up now. My name in-game is Jim2D everyone is welcomed to add me.

I'm mainly hoping to get more back-up against the feds in Lugh where the current major player war is

Sadly I've been having a in game issue with the display on some of the ships so I haven't been playing while I wait for somebody to respond to my ticket, which apparently means that I have one hell of a wait in front of me because nobody has even LOOKED at my ticket in over a month....

CMDR FoggyHunter here with a maxed out Viper outfitted for combat.  Hoping to someday bounty hunt my way to a python. Everyone is welcomed to add me and I hope to finally find out what co-op feels like in this game.  Honestly, I've been playing alone since the game's release... and it gets lonely out here in space.

P.S. is the angry army actually going to make a group within Elite Dangerous at all?

I think I've burned out. I can afford an Asp or a Python, but should probably grind at least 5 mil more to properly equip it. But not really feeling like logging in as it gets repetitive after a while. Hoping 1.3 makes the mission system a lot more dynamic and interesting.

I mostly do combat but considering the Asp as I also find it fun to discover a decent trade route and doing some runs. Although knowing about the auto trade route tool makes it less enjoyable somehow even if I don't use it.