• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Walknolonger

World of Warcraft is Free to Play!

31 posts in this topic

Oh, how the mighty have fallen! I guess it was kind of inevitable though. Maybe this will get people coming back :)

took long enough, the game was pretty much on life support since mists of pandara

how ? when? :P i don't think thats true

http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/12/world-of-warcraft-revenue-drops-54-in-past-seven-months-report/

This is supporting the idea...

But the talk is already spreading.

They have seven /MILLION/ subscribers. They are releasing a new expansion. It is not going free to play for at least another entire expansion.

They have seven /MILLION/ subscribers. They are releasing a new expansion. It is not going free to play for at least another entire expansion.

Yeah, i'd wait another year or two at least, but game is falling apart, the active subscriber rates have dropped even more, and Blizzard is making stupid offers on twitter. I bet you all that WoW is gonna go F2P before a year after today

Oh, how the mighty have fallen! I guess it was kind of inevitable though. Maybe this will get people coming back :)

>mfw WoW still has more subscribers than every other MMO

KqgUpMh.jpg

Lossar likes this

Walknolonger, I hate to burst your bubble but i doubt that World of Warcraft is going FTP any time soon. Yea their sales have dropped.... From "HOLY SHIT YOU BATHE IN MONEY" to "Well now you don't bathe 3 times a day in money"

WoW Is still a large money machine for them and they have no reason to turn it FTP. 

Yes Many talk about it and want it to be so. But then again, Many talk about the lottery and how they want to win, it doesn't make it happen

Phew, I never buy World of Warcraft and now maybe I will. I bought Warcraft 3 though.

Didn't we do this already? Also your thread is in the wrong forum.

If anything, WoW will be going free-to-get, but remain pay-to-play. Until the next series of MMOs are coming out they have no reason to change anything whatsoever though.

I thought Blizzard dismissed the rumor about WoW going free to play during the BlizzCon?

Im kind of expecting them to make WoW Classic F2P (so to lvl60) at some point first, but the whole game? i dont think so.

Yeah, i'd wait another year or two at least, but game is falling apart, the active subscriber rates have dropped even more, and Blizzard is making stupid offers on twitter. I bet you all that WoW is gonna go F2P before a year after today

Yea to bad it won't.

The game won't go F2P any time soon. They were pretty clear about it, and TB and a few others have covered it.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-09-blizzard-rules-out-free-to-play-world-of-warcraft

The game wasn't designed around that, and if they wanted that in future, they'd have to add a ton of changes. Perhaps they can seed that in WoD, but I doubt it. As stated above, it still makes more then any other NA MMO and with the amount of projects Blizz is running at the moment, it's not going to be a focus. If anything they'll branch it out to create an ongoing experiance, connected to other devices and options. Titan is still a thing too.

As long as they have more subs than any other MMO, they won't go F2P. However I don't think it's worth playing anymore tbh. The story for the new expansion is unoriginal and... absurd. But I've got to admit, Blizzard is determined in keeping WoW alive 

Well if they do it right, blizzard just might get me back to wow.  When STWOR went free to play it gradually got me to play it again, albeit casually, but it's single player content is worth experiencing to be sure.

76561197970502311.png

I love how "going F2P" is still considered like a downfall or something, you all realize every MMO that goes F2P make more money right? Now as for Wow, Its a free to play up to level 60 when the cap is 100 (will be in next exp) so same as usual since 1 to 20 has been free for like 6 years now. Considering that Wow has about 6 million more subs then the #2 MMO, if it ever goes full f2p its because Blizzard just said "meh, fuck it".

JJr. likes this