• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Blizzard cancels MMO Titan after seven years

21 posts in this topic

Not surprised.  With WoW still going, there's no need to compete with itself.

I don't see why everyone is so disappointed, (knowing blizzard) its not like it was going to come out in this decade, and we don't even know anything on what the game could of been besides it's probable a MMO.

And here I am thinking if they'll come out with a new Blackthorne or Lost Vikings.

they didnt cancel it because they wanted to.

they cancelled it because activision probably decided to restructure budgets due to the failure of destiny and so many low rated reviews. they may have made a profit from pre orders but low rating reviews only stops more people buying it.

as we know blizzard is a subsidiary of activision and although not managed by them in terms of development and publishing, they are most likely heavily funded by activision. this is all just my speculation and beliefs but i have no doubt... NO DOUBT... in my mind that this is the reason it was cancelled all of a sudden.

the funder releases a bad game, and decided to cut money from blizzard which was intended for the funding of development for Titan. blizzard currently probably doesn't want to spend further of their own money on titan, so this is why it was probably scrapped.

no evidence or proof at all... just my beliefs, but i got no doubt... this is activisions fault. not bungie.. not blizzard... just activision.

likes this

From another thread I posted in:

I have mixed feelings about this news regarding Project Titan being cancelled.

Rumor is that Titan took play on a futuristic planet Earth and revolved around three major factions vying for control of the world during an alien invasion. The players would have performed more basic tasks during the day time and later would assume another role and fight alongside their respective faction. There was an 'Incredibles' parallel drawn here so I assume it would have been a game where players would be <blank> during the day and <blank> at night, assuming two identities like a superhero. Source: http://kotaku.com/heres-what-blizzards-titan-actually-was-1638632121

I think Blizzard was trying to make lightning strike twice in regard to World of Warcraft. I would wager that the decision to cancel Titan was not just a matter of the project's quality but also the quantity of thes types of game available in the market. Blizzard would have been competing with themselves so-to-speak with players arguable within their ability to cancel their subscription to WoW and moving over to Titan. Also with so many other games in the MMO market, I feel Blizzard may have been hoping Titan would be a success on the grounds that it would be an "MMO by Blizzard". Not to imply Blizzard doesn't make good games but I feel TItan was concieved to capitalized on the same hype surrounding other games touting themselves as the next World of Warcraft.

I hope we get something, an artifact: a piece of concept art or gameplay demo that shows us what could have been. Personally I was hoping to finally see Titan at this next years BlizzCon. The announcement may come now so people don't keep asking about it. Though I think the silver lining here is Blizzard has the self-awareness to realize that the game wasn't worth releasing since it didn't meet their standards of quality instead of believing in the myth that a game can make a profit on brandname loyalty alone.

Honestly this is the 2nd really large MMO that was canceled. First it was World of Darkness, then this.. Though this case is faaaar less of a thing cause World of Darkness was announced a long time ago, while we knew absolutely nothing about Titan.

But I guess the reason for that is that the MMO market has changed and unless you can re-invent the wheel then you're in a bind cause there's so much new stuff coming out and it feels like almost everything has been tried out 1 way or another.

P.S: A single tear for World Of Darkness... Actually that's a lie cause WoD deserves this reaction.

Weeping-Cute-Baby.jpg

NNOOOOOOOOOO.. You had such promise.. You had devs who made VTM:Bloodlines, A LEGENDARY GAME.. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO CANCEL IT?!!!! :(

They had all ready scraped the entire project once to restart it, It was pretty clear it was on the road to failure at that point. No one literally knew anything about it, it's pretty much a nothing gained or loss other than blizz who lost big on it lol.

I hope that blurb about wanting to focus on "small" games is true, itd be nice to have some talented AAA companies focus on smaller gameplay oriented games with their better resources rather than waste so much time trying to make huge worlds with jawddopping visuals and yada yada... I mean those are cool but the time and money spent on such games doesnt justify the benefit most of the time imo.

I hope that blurb about wanting to focus on "small" games is true, itd be nice to have some talented AAA companies focus on smaller gameplay oriented games with their better resources rather than waste so much time trying to make huge worlds with jawddopping visuals and yada yada... I mean those are cool but the time and money spent on such games doesnt justify the benefit most of the time imo.

I agree to a degree. However, Blizzard and probably many other of the "bigger" companies cannot survive only on the smaller scale games. Blizzard won't survive with just Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm. They will certainly need another blockbuster in near future to stay afloat.

I was thinking that they could develop more smaller games simultaniously without staff on titan... Also doesnt wow provide them with more than enough cash to stay afloat?

I was thinking that they could develop more smaller games simultaniously without staff on titan... Also doesnt wow provide them with more than enough cash to stay afloat?

It does for now, but they shouldn't be so shortsighted and start thinking of something big for the future. Preferably a new IP.

My main concern is this thing was in dev for what I have heard from a couple people 7 years with it kinda being a wtf with the dev team. I wish we knew more info about this but from some descriptions that people i know in the industry that have talked to some of the dev team it ranged from eve wanna be to basically what people are saying Destiny. This really isn't going to effect Blizzard since they are still bringing in dump trucks full of cash with Wow. One thing i would like to see them do is another IP which is what Titan seemed to be like which makes me kinda sad.

Not sure why multiple smaller games cant be profitable too. Especially if you get lucky with one and its a hit like megaman or reccettear.

That said one ip i would love to srr is a non-bleak sci-fi. Sci-fi is common in games but they are dirty,grungy,post-apocalyptic or something like 90% of the time. I want an IDEAL future sci-fi like xenosaga, star trek, etc. PLEAAASE.

Well considering Blizzards standards... maybe they'll shelf it for later. The problem for Titan is that it might get stuck in "Development Hell".