• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

SIR BIGGLES 520

Destiny Ranting/Venting/Anger Thread

64 posts in this topic

So I decide to start doing some of the multiplayer for Destiny so that I can get the game in full spectrum for a review and to also work on crucible bounties. Personally I am not a fan of PVP multiplayer simply because I may have become a grumpy mofo through all my years playing and the community mentality is to usually camp or not play objectives.

Now to the point. Why the hell do players that do good, like first place, get jack squat sometimes for rewards but in the same game the guy that literally does 8 and 20 will get a rare weapon and a blue engram. Like seriously those that played the beta called this out and it still happens. People who do good should be rewarded for it!!!

Grinding, I can grind like its my day job and clearly they want us to grind. So why do they cap off the vanguard and crucible marks at 100 a week!!! Thanks for dangling these awesome vanguard and crucible weapons in front of our faces and when you reach lvl 20 so you can actually use them, now you need marks to buy them and you can only get 1-2 items a week because of this system.

Angry vent over... Now back to destiny

Edited by Legolas_Katarn
Thread titled edited while merging similar threads into this one

"Twenty hours in, I think that players will find that they’ve evolved to playing a whole different kind of game than the shooter that started them off,” Bungie Executive Producer Patrick O’Kelley said in an interview posted to Xbox Wire. “They’ll find that they’re immersed in a different world, and are deep into the history of their characters. They’ll have built a community of other players. And, without realizing it, they’ll have learned some sophisticated mechanics that enable them to gear up and dive into a six-player cooperative raid, in pursuit of high-level exotic weapons and armor.”

This is just too much. I have to make an Angry Rant™. It's about time they played their own game and stopped making stupid comments.

Twenty hours in, I thought to myself, 'is this it?' There was no consistency to the story whatsoever. Who, what, where, when, how, why? I have no idea. What is continuity? It doesn't exist in this game.

'If only the Nine could help?' Eh? Who the fuck are the Nine? What the hell is a 'Guardian'? Why have I been brought back? To fight the dark with the light? What? Fighting the 'darkness' allows the Traveler to heal. What the absolute fuck is the Traveler? A big robot planet? Like, Jesus. What the hell? Cue Exo Hunter not knowing anything about anything and having absolutely no purpose. Kill last boss. End.

I'm level 26 right now. I've completed all missions/strikes/challenges, (yup, weekly heroic and weekly nightfall). On top of the dailies, and the pointless crucible 'events'. I've received the exotic bounty (my friend has received multiple) I have an exotic weapon and an exotic armor piece, tomorrow I buy the remaining two pieces of legendary gear I need to level up to 27. Two of my friends are already 27 and have a shit load of exotics and legendary items.

The game is repetitive as fuck. All this talk of 'cooperation' and 'social interaction' is pure bullshit. None of the 'challenges' up to this point have required anything other than common sense and two other people with common sense.

-Missions need optional matchmaking.

-Daily/Weekly Challenges need optional matchmaking.

-Raids need optional matchmaking.

As it stands, it's just a massive inconvenience not to have matchmaking for these things.

-A better way to communicate, other than waving and dancing needs to be implemented.

-Leveling to twenty is too fast, it makes the process redundant and completely worthless - even if you play all planets/missions/strikes in order, you become too high a level to benefit from the rewards. This is especially true for the five golden chests on each explorable location.

-Crucible needs private lobbies and a pro playlist.

-Bungie need to accept that they've made some fucked up design choices, a whole lot of them, and stop living a frickin' dream.

As for these 'sophisticated mechanics', they're nothing more than grinding for gear and then grinding for more gear. There is no 'sophistication'. Play Crucible all day, earn gear. Get marks and rep to buy gear. Buy gear, play more, earn more gear. Play strikes all day, earn gear. Get marks and rep to buy more gear. Buy gear, play more, earn more gear. There is nothing else. I don't know what crack these fools are smoking, but it ain't the good stuff, that's for sure.

The higher your level, the 'rarer' the gear you earn will be. It's progressive. Once you reach 20, you'll get blue drops with light on them and no more green engrams, only green items (this actually happens earlier than 20). Once you've maxed your light with blue items, you'll begin to earn purples occasionally, and when you level up even further, you'll even start winning exotics in the crucible. Literally, all you have to do to 'gear up' is to keep playing in exactly the same way you have been doing. Level up, get better drops. Get better drops, level up. Rinse and repeat. The only point this stops is with the limitation of light on standard legendary items (with two exotic pieces). Only raid gear will get you to 30.

But yeah, the history of my character? Whatever, man. Pretty disappointed with the game. It seems they have all these locked 'events' planned, and quests and missions just locked away, ready to be activated at any time. And today the vault of glass opens, but it's probably just more of the same old shit. No doubt it'll be completed by hundreds, thousands, of people, in the first 24 hours, and all that 'difficulty and cooperation' talk was bullshit along with the rest of the game.

Haven't played it myself (appart from the beta) and just watched a whole lot of people on twitch and it showed me what I already thought when I played the beta. "It's a typical run and gun shooter with very small RPG sprinkles here and there". It's mediocre in every single way and there is nothing special about it. The game evolves after 20 hours? As you said they seem to live in a dream world that they created something absolutely unique which isn't the case by a long shot. It more seems like.. and I hate to make that comparision...Borderlands without the humor in the storyline. 

HeroEightyTwo likes this

Yet you still play it...

Ysnar likes this

Yet you still play it...

Did he say he hated the game??

The train is moving i see.

Yet you still play it...

Just because a game pisses you off doesn't mean you stop playing it. A lot of people get pissed off by the games they play and yet still continue to play them for hundreds of hours. Look at basically every single person who plays MOBA's (like me). Those types of games have made me slip into sadness and anger at times, yet I still play it because I enjoy the mechanics behind it.

This isn't really full on "fuck this game" rant, just more major complaints that should be brought forward to the developers since they do majorly affect the fun of the game. That's not to say the game is bad, just that it has glaring issues.

GalvaZero and Lightning like this

Makes me woner what people really expect from an FPS game.....  Blame yourself for making your expectations too high for me the game is exactly how i thought it was going to be and im loving it.

Oh and dont forget they have a 10 year plan for this game which they stated right at the start so ofcouse parts are going to be locked away.  some ppl may find the game boring now but alot can change in 10 years.

Puntosmx, Verethragna and Glaice like this

Angry vent over... Now back to destiny

I don't get this part....why go back? 

Refer to statement above you that I posted.

I know and since rumor that it will be on PC keeps on sticking around I'll just wait till the game has evolved a lot more, see what has become of it with their mighty 10 year plan that never will work out and deceide in 2-4 years if it's still worth it. 

Did he say he hated the game??

The train is moving i see.

What train? The hate train? No I couldn't care less about the 0 or 10 mentality of many and the "if the game is not like I wanted it to be it sucks" stuff. I had not much expectations in it in the first place but reading what the developers think that they created and what some think about that game just baffles my mind...it feels like they hyped themselves up so much that they don't want to see the failures that the game has

Just quoting bc your the furthest down not picking on you. I still like the game, a lot. Just like the topic said, just venting. Game has some good qualities I'm just saying some minor irritating ones. One of which was caught during the beta  and one which is very anti grind and yet they want us to grind stuff out.

Let the hate flow. I will agree with you on the story bits for sure. The only thing I can compare it to is dark souls, where the story is there, but not really there, and open to a lot of interpretation. The difference between the two however are that one of these games is sci-fi and sci-fi needs to be explored and explained in game. People want to explore it in game. They give you grimoire cards which I have yet to check out bc you have to go back over to their website which I don't understand game companies making this decision to do this as of late. Just put it in the damn game. Don't make me have to go over to your website to view/unlock so and so.

this 10 year plan is complete bullshit. if the game has bad press and therefore continues to not sell well and people keep trading it in for a different game, there is not going to be any 10 year support for it at all. guaranteed.

im sorry but skyrim sized maps? 10 years support for online content? give me a break... that's just like a political party saying they are gonna do this and that, just to get elected. once they're in they aint gonna do shit, and neither is bungie.

another way overhyped game = dissapointing content

its kill the game just like Watch_Dogs my prediction were true from the play time Alpha i did not like much so i skipped, Advanced Warfare  youre next buddy :)

Ok so im awoken by a little male cortana/Guilty spark why fight darkness and the traveler a giant robot planet? Flood enemys, some robot from the future, some lady at the end of the solar system, defeat last boss by myself and no thanks given some gun, and end? WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!!we learn about nothing in the background, I got to the end and thought that like there would be more like a atack or the Travaler would thank you, and what about the A.I. Rasputon that you released that was attached to all pre-Human destruction weapony and your like what ever? No background for enemy's, Thank you Bungie for making a game that does not fill the Lore needs. And what about the factions they do nothing

From what I've played it feels like an incredibly well polished F2P game, only without the millions of micro transactions. Bungie wasted the lore and story of the game which didn't need to be Walking Dead or Last of Us, or even Halo good. Just enough to give me incentive and curiosity to explore Destiny.

but naaaaah lets spend $500 million of the beautiful sky boxes.

Someone said that yes 20 hours in you trade the game in and enjoy a whole new game lol.

The amount of new Destiny threads is starting to get a bit ridiculous, can't we have a section made for it and the threads moved there or something? :P

/endrant

The amount of new Destiny threads is starting to get a bit ridiculous, can't we have a section made for it and the threads moved there or something? :P

/endrant

I've merged our three Destiny venting/anger threads into one. Any future threads created will be locked and the creator linked to this thread to post here.

Gone too and Null like this

I've merged our three Destiny venting/anger threads into one. Any future threads created will be locked and the creator linked to this thread to post here.

Thank you for this!

i kept telling people, when the beta came out, that there was nothing interesting about this game what so ever, granted it was beta and the beginning of the game but I thought at least they would fix a few issues from the beta but I guess nothing had changed in the final product.

Oh, that's why I suddenly read "new posts" that I had read elsewhere......

Thanks.

Anyway.... what I liked of Destiny fom YT footage was the graphics. It looks amazing.

But..... well..... it'll be a long time until I get a PS4..... or it's released on PC ;)

So...

What do you think Joe is going to rate it game?  My bets is on 7, the same as Watch Dogs.

So...

What do you think Joe is going to rate it game?  My bets is on 7, the same as Watch Dogs.

I'd say 7 too. The game is fun and will clearly have dlc support. But day 1 for the 60 or more bucks we paid right here and now. Its a solid 7