• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

What features can you add to make Destiny a great game?

10 posts in this topic

Alright, so we all know that Destiny is not that good. It's seriously lacking stuff and the features needs to be changed and there is potential for it to become a great game if it's done right. What will you add or change in Destiny to make it a great game?

This is what I'll do:

Add story. Fuck that stupid grimoire cards you have to read from the website. Put them in the fucking game and make it like an mmo. As in have npcs explain shit to you.

Make the game open world instead of limited, and have each planet varied in their environments. Fuck that stupid hub.

Increase the multiplayer cap. Currently only 12 people max can be in a game together. Why? Isn't this supposed to be an "mmo"?

Have a trade function. Like any MMO should have. Basically make the game an MMO as promised.

Change the entire gameplay mechanics. This game is just Halo + Borderlands. They don't work, as evidenced by the frustrating parts in the game, strike missions, requiring you to have high level weapons and shoot the same enemy for 30 minutes straight. And frustratingly, you get no loot for it. I say fuck the loot system and fuck the Borderlands/ Diablo style loot & leveling system alltogether. It just makes the game unfun and grind heavy.

Why not use Farcry 3's leveling up system, where you don't need to grind at all and you get more cool skills every time you play? And have the enemy types get stronger instead of having the same enemy but they're harder to kill because they're high level. That'll make the game less grind heavy and more fun. If you want to buy or customize your weapon, just buy it from a store. Simple!

And for the gameplay shooting mechanic itself, I'll personally change the system to become like Titanfall. Have great mobility and more gameplay freedom. Have the ability to climb on the head of huge enemies and blast their head wide open.

• Make it so that the lowest quality you can get from an engram correspond to the same quality of said engram.

If you're going to keep the bounty system, don't limit it to just 6 PvE and 6 Crucible bounties each.

Add more Bounty Mission Variety.

Have the lower quality guns also look a little more different from each other. Exotics can still look unique, but the lower quality stuff needs more visual variety.

Make it clear that on higher difficulties, enemy shield need specific types of damage. I have no idea where it says that shields for some enemies in higher difficulties needed solar or arc type damage. Was that in a Grimoire? I dunno, it's not in the frickin' game.

Raise the level cap so that way reaching the highest level doesn't become a crap shoot.

In fact stop making Light the way to reach the highest level, instead let Light be like Badass Points in Borderlands (perks, perks, glorious perks!)

Make the planets have more than one location. All this tera-forming and there's no other areas on Earth or the other planets we can visit?

Give the best rewards to the best players. Delrith isn't kidding when he says idling is the best way to farm loot.

Make the ships more than glorified loading screens. Seriously, who wouldn't want starship battles that can reach up to 100 or more players fighting against each other or a fleet of Cabal!

Have the Ghost be more than a key! Have him be an enemy reader, loot finder, distract enemies, do something else!

Hell, have more ground vehicle options besides the Sparrow. I would kill to summon a Pike in combat!

-Add a resources vendor. Seriously collecting material is the most boring thing in the game plus it would at least give us a reason to use glimmer since it literally serves no purpose. I literally did not use glimmer until I got an exotic bounty and for some engrams to boost my crytarc rank.

-Actual boss fights. Lets face it, none of the bosses can be really considered bosses. All they are are larger forms of enemies we have all ready fought with more health, defense, and power. That's it. Heck the boss fights wouldn't even be hard without the added enemies that pop out every time you get the boss to certain level of health. Why couldn't we get unqiue co-op bosses like Defiance or Borderlands?

-A loot system that actually works. What's the point of even trying to be the best on a team when you literally get nothing yet the guy on bottom suddenly gets a legendary engram.

-Let us wear more then one exotic item. I mean seriously the only reason we can't I'm pretty sure is the fact the level cap is 30. If I own it why can't I show it off without removing something else. You could still make the cap 30, just that when you hit that level cap you don't get any more light when you level the exotic armor up. I mean the only place armor serves a purpose are strikes and PvP and with PvP being balanced (except for events like the upcoming Iron Banner), that only leaves the strikes which no offense get easy once you hit two levels up what is needed. The only exceptions would be the weekly strikes and other mission based strikes but that's due to other factors and such.

-More locations. Big maps are nice and all but there is more to Earth then just Russia, and I'm sure we collonized more then what we get from Venus and Mars. Heck didn't the beginning of the game even say we made Mercury into a livable planet? Why can't we go to Mercury? After all our Ghost states the Vex basically rule that planet and made it a machine and we have a multiplayer map even based on Mercury. I guess Mercury is DLC which sucks.

-Make ships serve a purpose. Even if it was just small ship combat I wouldn't mind but there is no point of buying new ships besides wanting to look different.

IrishRogue likes this

Make newer models for the Earth section, everytime I went to other countries in that planet, it is the same Russia-type terrain over and over especially when you go to Egypt or something!

Make newer models for the Earth section, everytime I went to other countries in that planet, it is the same Russia-type terrain over and over especially when you go to Egypt or something!

Because the only country we can go to in Earth is Russia. Which I suppose I'd say, add more areas for Earth. Did they explain in the Grimoires that Russia is the only intact place on Earth? I wouldn't know.

1. Up the patrol fireteam amount to 6

2. Patch in another down page in the character tab that will have emote selection for the d pad

3. For future games maybe have broken down military vehicles that can be repaired with materials and be driven together with your fireteam (seriously everything is one driver in this game. No coop/multi seat vehicles at all!)

4. Grimoire be put in game....

6. Rewards for going back through the story on harder difficulties. Currently nothing at all to make me want to go back through or to even raise the difficulty

7. People that place high at the end of a multiplayer match are at least guaranteed a rare engram and also have higher chances for legendary and exotic loot

That city we're protecting? Good to get an idea what it's like and whose living there. Maybe have a few missions set there (bunch of fallen find a weakness and you have to go clear em out)

At the moment it's like.

"This is the City!"

"Oh cool can I go see it"

"You are a guardian you live in the tower."

"Yeah but if there's a whole city down there...."

"The tower has all you need."

"Look I just want to wander around and see what it's li-."

"Nope."

"Aw come one! I just want to -"

"Is Speaker going to have to slap a bitch?"

EDIT : And blackjack and hookers.

IrishRogue likes this

Flyable Jets, that's what I wanted because the only way to fly the jets is by the damn loading screen!