• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

What do you think of the new Steam layout?

Steam layout   30 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new layout?

• I like it more than the old one
    • Meh, don't care.
    • I prefer the old one.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

29 posts in this topic

This has been an elephant in the room since it was first implemented. What do you guys think of the new Steam layout?

I prefer the old one. This one looks a lot messier. I like it when it's much simpler without the extra menus like explore your queue, steam curators or whatever is on the recommendations list. But I'll get use to this new change. At least it's not like Youtube where it changes every year. At least this is what I thought before getting used to the new change.

Now that I have adapt myself to the new layout, I like this one more. I love the "user opinion" corner on games you look at so you'll know instantly if the game is worth it or not. And the blue background grows on me, making me have this "peace and serenity" feeling that reminds me of a mint smelling garden. AAAAhhhhh, refreshing!

The latest update to steam broke my metro steam skin >_>

Not so keen on the new design either.

Changes come and go. Everyone always complains when some sort of design gets changed. Same was with YT, but now no one really gives a fuck anymore. Just give it a bit of time and you'll get used to the new interface like you get used to anything that's been changed anywhere.

Gone too likes this

I like it, but beware of the people that are like "omg teh steemz ar defret!111 It are lik utube!!!111 RIP Steam 2014"

Emphase likes this

I think that the new update is ok. The only thing i dont like is the amount of blue in your face when boot up steam. I would love to see if you could change that blue  to whatever color you wanted. 

I havent seen it yet, but id sooner lick sandpaper than say im ok with the current youtube... Just yesterday i was seriously wdfing trying to figure out wtf my private mailbox was.... Then when i found it the reply to the message i sent via it wasnt even effing there! But on some box i could only access via google+... Ugh.

Puntosmx likes this

I like it, aswell. Way more than the old layout, at least. Only bothered by the amount of blue (red ftw), but I can live with it. Love some of the new features that were added.

I havent seen it yet, but id sooner lick sandpaper than say im ok with the current youtube... Just yesterday i was seriously wdfing trying to figure out wtf my private mailbox was.... Then when i found it the reply to the message i sent via it wasnt even effing there! But on some box i could only access via google+... Ugh.

They're basically removing YT's inbox part by part. Most of the stuff is accessible through google+, though I've noticed that I get YT notifications sent to my gmail as well, so it's less of a problem than I thought it'd be at first. That said, you can still access your YT inbox, though it's buried rather deep. Best option is to just add /inbox

More categories, shows me things I care about (already found 3 games I didn't know exist), better search engine, IT ACTUALLY TELLS ME WHAT'S A FUCKING VISUAL NOVEL AND WHAT ISN'T.

Do you know the pain of clicking on some anime looking shit, reading the tags "action adventure and rpg" and getting some visual novel?

It's agonizing.

And more tags, the better.

Puntosmx and Glaice like this

It could be a better layout but i like what they are trying to do with it. I say give it some time and it will be worked into a better layout.

I liked the Steam layout.
I got lost a little bit, but more options and tabs eventually made sense.
Only bad part was that my page in english got reset to spanish (yes, I'm mexican, I love my language, but I tend to disagree with translations..... and "curators" is NOT translated as "mentors"!)... It took like 15 mins to revert back, and everything's fine again.

YT..... people stopped complaining because they'd only be repeating themselves.
And Google doesn't care.

People complain that we need more control over what we see in the store, they give us that and people whine... Some folks just want to complain.

I like blue so I'm fine with it and the functionality got a lot better overall. The fact it doesn't promote me games I already own alone is awesome.

I don't think I've ever said this before about any site or service redesign but this is good, it's an improvement, and I imagine it will get better.

wdf is wrong with this update? It looks pretty much the exact same only there are a bit more available sorting functions that are not impeding on all the other stuff we're used to having... Basically everything I used before is still there in the exact same spots, only now there are a few more options on the bottom... not sure how this is bad.

Gone too and Emphase like this

wdf is wrong with this update? It looks pretty much the exact same only there are a bit more available sorting functions that are not impeding on all the other stuff we're used to having... Basically everything I used before is still there in the exact same spots, only now there are a few more options on the bottom... not sure how this is bad.

Not saying it's bad at all. Just saying I prefer the old one where it's much simpler.

Not saying it's bad at all. Just saying I prefer the old one where it's much simpler.

38226965.jpg

Everytime I saw the Store page background, it made me think of this:

Other than that, ALL HAIL GABEN!

Kaz32 likes this

Everytime I saw the Store page background, it made me think of this:

Other than that, ALL HAIL GABEN!

OH MAN! I've been looking for this song for a long time! This was my jam back in 1999. Thanks!

I like it. Especially the filter :)

Only thing that bothers me: in the adds/promotions I don't seem to recognize anymore whether a game is "pre-purchase" or if its actually out  :P Maybe thats just me.

I do like the new system that removes many of the games recommendations.  Now you cant see the steams recommendations as blaringly obviusly as i was before.. Now i can have my very  own curators:) Totalbiscuit will help me decide what to buy.

However! i do not  like the blue color theme they have now, too colorful for my taste. I like they grey background because it gave more color to the things that was important.