• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

chillock

Why isn't the Angry Army going all in with Call of Duty

62 posts in this topic

What the title says, I was just wondering why the Angry Army isn't going all in with the Call of Duty series. There's so much opportunity for the Army to expand. Enough about what I think, what about you guys?

frogben998 likes this

Well for starters there are not many Cod players here and a good chunk of people would say the games are just bad. I mean they've been bad since after WaW. They hardly change in dynamics and are mostly copy and paste of each other every year.

Counter Strike is better

Hell even Cod is better than COD

I'm a Rarity on this board in that I actually like CoD and to be honest with all the overhyped games lately I'm kinda glad I know exactly what to expect from CoD.

Could always hope that peoples opinions could change with Advanced Warfare since it does look like its doing something a little bit more interesting with the series (Even Joe seemed mildly interested in it during his E3 stuff)  

I don't really play multiplayer games outside of co-op in general, so I couldn't care less about CoD as it's "campaign" is absolutely worthless.

CoD is just one of those games where you are better off playing by yourself.

well as you can see, lots of people here are not that in to cod, (were more of salmon people) I for one dislike the community because most of them haven't graduated from the 6th grade but I do like the single player. :lol: Its silly and unreal like a action film.

I have seen more cod people pop up lately so if you wanted to, you could probably get a cod sub forum made and maybe even a cod clan.

IrishRogue likes this

Because it's just more of the same and boring usually. The community is also a joke, especially on the consoles. Besides, there are better multiplayer games out there.

I like the first cod, and i like the first modern warfare... But after the first we lost dedicated servers, customized maps, etc... And the additional stuff given just didnt justify the losses i found. Didnt help that modern warfare 2 was full price for like 4 effing years.

That said, i have an open mind and hope the advanced warfare game will be fun and new... That said i certainly think going "all-in" is premature.

It's call of duty lol. The general consensus is that it is the current bane of the video game industry due to mainstreaming/casualization and it sells high and everyone wants to get a piece of those numbers. Blops 2 was supposed to be my last but BF4 sent me into a deep gaming depression and I got Ghosts. Fool me once...

I see so many posts bashing CoD like it's insulting to even have to explain why not...

I'm a very open gamer who enjoys everything, including the absolute opposite end of the spectrum of game hate. on one end is CoD/halo/racing games (people don't hate on racing games as vocally but the appeal is pretty precise in a similar direction), and on the next is visual novels, JRPGs, Touhou...

this community is SUPPOSED to be one for people who love games, and if someone talks about a game, I don't think you should people insult it, the genre, or the player...Where else should they be more welcome? I mean I agree that I think there should be some skepticism with the new CoD...But the whole "lol CoD" vibe too many people give here shouldn't BELONG here imo. Please try to be respectful.

I see so many posts bashing CoD like it's insulting to even have to explain why not...

(...) But the whole "lol CoD" vibe too many people give here shouldn't BELONG here imo. Please try to be respectful.

While I generally agree with your opinion (no need for "lol CoD"), at least half the replies give out good reasons for not going all into CoD.

Do you have any reasons we should try playing it? Come and share them.

Aside from the obligatory lolcod response I really dont know. Theres bound to be lots of COD players in the Angry Army and giving them a chance to organize and represent there would probably be welcome to them. Maybe since our BF4 efforts largely failed, Command might not want to give COD a chance.

On a kinda unrelated note, I hope Halo 2 is supported, I want us to dominate there.

While I generally agree with your opinion (no need for "lol CoD"), at least half the replies give out good reasons for not going all into CoD.

Do you have any reasons we should try playing it? Come and share them.

I disagree, even if half the CoD hating posts explained why in a respectful manner, that doesn't mean 49% is acceptable. I mean I've seen 10+ page threads closed/locked simply because the last page goes off topic or wrong or whatever, not that I think they shouldn't have. 

But I'll specify....note that I cannot do so without looking like a CoD fanboy... I suspect I'll take a lot of flak and flames for this and will probably just give up after that but at least I tried... my purpose isn't to get support for the game...I just think people should do a better job of honoring the forum guidelines and welcoming other gamers, even if their tastes aren't compatible, that's my point.

first reply:

"Maybe because the games are bad?

Doesn't specify why, and if you can't admit that is a sarcastic patronizing response, you're fooling yourself.

second reply:

There is just no interest and not a lot of CoD players here.

A fair statement, Note it doesn't even bash the game, so I wont count it because it isn't even saying they dislike cod...It's simply saying community interest is low, which is fine, my issue is the people who dislike it aren't being respectful here. That being the second reply, there's no way they can or should respond do the future disrespect (The reply before it was pretty patronizing but I think this was partially an attempt at showing people who agree to do it in an objective manner).

http://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.roosterteeth.com/images/interest32814.jpg

I'm pretty new here, and I can't help but this Auron guy has frequently shown respect for some of my otherwise odd opinions, for that I do not wish to disrespect em...unfortunately, the fact is (against your point), posting an image saying "no" just oozes confirmation to my point people here think that there needs not be an explanation, "cod" fans do not deserve intelligent debate, they are beneath it.

Well for starters there are not many Cod players here and a good chunk of people would say the games are just bad. I mean they've been bad since after WaW. They hardly change in dynamics and are mostly copy and paste of each other every year.

I'll "give" this one to you even though I still disagree. It doesn't specify why the series is bad or why people should disrespect it... it simply states "everything after WaW is bad" as if it's a fact with very very little description why. Not that I disagree, I agree. In fact I think I stated the same thing myself pretty much in a little bit more detail...However the key point is I recognize that advanced warfare can't possibly be a copy paste, and every other previoud CoD that wasn't a copy paste wasn't bad by my standards, and given the fact that this guy can only state copy-paste/low change as a reason why they're bad, it shouldn't be assumed to be bad either by THEIR standars...

I'm not saying the game is going to be awsome, it might suck! I even said I'm certainly not going all in, nor do I think anyone else should, but I think people should keep an open mind that it like... might be pretty good if you can looks past your "hurr hating cod is cool" glasses.

Gotta say that there are better CoD "style" games than CoD. Like RO2/RS.

Nothing about this is disrespectful or whatever but has absolutely no description why, and acts like it's a plain fact, which it's not.

cod has been bad ever since cod 2. the only cod i ever liked was cod 1

I cannot fathom how anyone can treat this like a serious post. Even if you didn't like modern warfare 1 for whatever reason, it should be obvious to recognize that it was revolutionary for the FPS genre, not a copy-paste, of good production quality, not buggy, not a money-grabber, moddable... I mean I don't see why someone whould hate it, but even if you did...As a gamer, in this community, you shouldn't completely dismiss people who like it as if they are factially wrong... did anyone even READ the member guidelines? Personally I read them before I joined not because I wanted to follow the rules, but because looking at the rules lets me determine if the site is right for me.... I read the rules and expect a community that is supposed to support other gamers of every kind. AAA, FPS, indie, doujin, VNs, racing, fighting, MMO, single player...hell.....fa...fa...*gags*...facebook (I hate em but I wont go into why unless asked to in its own topic where it is appropriate to do so, and even then I'm not going to try and make em feel unwelcome...unless they do the same first to others).

Because it's Call of Duty

I wont even say anything here, if you don't agree, I know that arguing is a waste of time cuz if this doesn't provide me with a point nothing will.

"Counter Strike is better

Hell even Cod is better than COD"

(sorry, it wont let me format now, sigh)

Pretty much the same as above only it doesn't even make sense either! yay...that and CS being better is also another opinion stated like it's a fact whilst being provided with no reasons why.

BTW, those are more than half now, but whatever.

and900: "stuff"

took it out cuz I agree, nothing wrong with that reply.

Because it's just more of the same and boring usually. The community is also a joke, especially on the consoles. Besides, there are better multiplayer games out there.

I myself said that it hasn't offered much beyond MW1, so while I don't disagree with that part, I can recognize that advanced warfare, can't possibly be a copy paste of it, which I've already stated...That's weak argument really. I mean if this was modernwarfare 2000 or something I can see how it'd be a point, but based on the fact modern warfare 1 was new and fresh from call of duty 1-3, I don't see why advanced warfare can't assumed to be new and fresh from MW1-3..I'm not saying you SHOULD EXPECT it to be new and pre-order it and worship it... just don't effing act like anyone who is curious about it should be treated like they are dumb.

As for the community....frankly I think most online games' communities are jokes MW isn't even the worst, I think most poeple think LoL is worse (I think DoTA is even worse than LoL but I think most people think LoL is worse than dota so whatever). But that's not much of a point regardless since the game isn't even out yet... Will the community be better? probably not, but you can't say for sure otherwise until it's like... out.

Better multiplayer games? Another opinion stated like it's a fact, and even if it was a true fact, that would be true for every single game out there but 1... so I guess we should just get rid of the site completely, and devote it to that one single "best multiplayer game", since everything else clearly doesn't deserve support simply for like... having a better game out there?

It's call of duty lol. The general consensus is that it is the current bane of the video game industry due to mainstreaming/casualization and it sells high and everyone wants to get a piece of those numbers. Blops 2 was supposed to be my last but BF4 sent me into a deep gaming depression and I got Ghosts. Fool me once...

I disagree with this but honestly I don't know how to tackle why.. I'll just say the first sentence should be reason enough... if you wish to count it towards your "more than half" though go ahead.

cod has been bad ever since cod 2. the only cod i ever liked was cod 1

I cannot fathom how anyone can treat this like a serious post. i can

Even if you didn't like modern warfare 1 for whatever reason, it should be obvious to recognize that it was revolutionary for the FPS genre, not a copy-paste, of good production quality, not buggy, not a money-grabber, moddable... it didnt do anything different - it was just popular because it was cod. there's plenty of other FPS games that were out at the time that all did the same thing. modern warfare 1 being amazing is just hype among COD fans.

I mean I don't see why someone whould hate it, but even if you did... please try to comprehend my posts better - where did i say i "hated" cod?

As a gamer, in this community, you shouldn't completely dismiss people who like it as if they are factially wrong... i just took part in the discussion by expressing my opinion on which cod i liked and which i didn't. where did i dismiss the guy who made the original post?

did anyone even READ the member guidelines? yeah i did, did you?

Personally I read them before I joined not because I wanted to follow the rules, but because looking at the rules lets me determine if the site is right for me.... good for you, but that is off topic and nothing to do with the subject at hand. also, you SHOULD follow the rules...

I read the rules and expect a community that is supposed to support other gamers of every kind. we do, but you appear to have either woken up on the wrong side of the bed or just like to flame people on forums for no good reason.

AAA, FPS, indie, doujin, VNs, racing, fighting, MMO, single player...hell.....fa...fa...*gags*...facebook (I hate em but I wont go into why unless asked to in its own topic where it is appropriate to do so, and even then I'm not going to try and make em feel unwelcome...unless they do the same first to others). what on earth does facebook have to do with this thread?

summary: you're mad. calm down, and have a cider.

Emphase and Sargefan19 like this

So that explains why the BF4 server on the top has been "Offline" for weeks on end. That should be removed from the listing.

So that explains why the BF4 server on the top has been "Offline" for weeks on end. That should be removed from the listing.

When I saw it was infantry only on a closed quarters map all day everyday I never tried it again to be honest.

Ok........
Well, it was a long post, and I agree that probably the ratio of comprehensive replies may be lower than I assessed off the top of my head.

Though, I was expecting you to comment on why AW would be worthy of playing.

Now, it's still not released, and we've had too many pre-release hyped games that turned out to be average and that caused dissapointment.
One of the selling points is having Kevin Spacey in the game, and while that's not automatically a bad point, I'd expect games to be sold on the gameplay and fun, rather than the actors in motion capture.
It's meant to include powered suits with abilities..... which right now is not revolutionary.

Currently, we've had enough FPS dissapointments (buggy BF4, Titanfall with lack of options and grindy Destiny) to hype up again for the next FPS release.
Let's let it come out and have some people actually play it, so that we see if it is good or not.

For me, I am just sick and tired of the "near future" warfare genre. With the all the cheap abilities to see through walls, ridiculous amounts of attachments applied all at the same time, and all that similar stuff, I find it gets unwelcome real quick. I'd like either it to be actual future like titanfall (and yes I hated the ability to see through walls in that too), or battlefront, or another 'nam or WWII shooter just to break up the repetetive and samey feel all the near-future COD and BF games have.

/end personal opinion

Doshka17 likes this