• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Koromaro

Destiny Bug reveals future content and expansions

18 posts in this topic

Soooo basically we have to pay money for the next part of the story which won't be out until December according to the article...of course... That is unacceptable. It also looked like the weekly heroic and nightfall strikes were added in the strike playlist which means hopeful matchmaking.  Why don't we have matchmaking for those now?  I swear if I pay 15 bucks for a few new repeat missions and a raid I'm going to be pissed...now if they said "Hey you know what you get in expansion 1? We are bringing in Mercury and Jupiter with tons of new content, multiplayer maps, and weapons!"  Then that'd be okay. 

Yay empty pockets for me! >_>

Soooo basically we have to pay money for the next part of the story which won't be out until December according to the article...of course... That is unacceptable.

.... Story? Do what now? All I see are new Raids on each planet, the equivalent to Challenge Maps in any other game.

I think the dlc is going to have different planets, because in rumble you get to play a map that is on Mercury. Perhaps there is going to be more story on there, at least that's what would make since anyway.

I think the dlc is going to have different planets, because in rumble you get to play a map that is on Mercury. Perhaps there is going to be more story on there, at least that's what would make since anyway.

Or maybe four months down the road they'll add Mercury in and not charge us for it.

But these are clearly just Strikes and Raids. Challenge Maps by any other name.

Well I don't know how What Lies Below will tie into the story besides it probably involving the Hive a bunch but the House of Wolves is interesting to me soley because it involves the Queen. If you haven't looked at the Grimore well you should probably for the Queen because I stumbled upon the fact that the Fallen that the Queen has under her rule come from The House of Wolves when they lost their Kell. Interesting thought I would point out.

Now to talk about the video, if this really is all the content that is going to be in the expansions I will be disappointed. By no means does it justify the thirty five dollar price tag that retailers are trying to sell the season pass for. At most combined this content would be worth ten bucks, fifteen if we want to stretch it. I do hope they bring some other planets with it because if this is it that's just terrible.

sooo, this is essentially on disc dlc? Great, and basically I've bought a car with the keys sold separate....again.
Really starting to become resentful of my main hobby's industry.

ProfessorOaked likes this

I am truly saddened by this, because in all likelihood this bug occurred when something on the disc was loaded when it shouldn't have... this wouldn't happen like that unless the content was already there on the disk...

THIS IS MOST LIKELY CONTENT THAT WAS CREATED AND FINISHED BEFORE RELEASE AND PUT ON THE DISK, THEN CHOPPED UP AND PURPOSEFULLY HIDDEN BEHIND A PAY WALL SO WE WOULD HAVE TO WASTE MORE MONEY JUST TO ACCESS ALL OF THE CONTENT ON THE DISK.

Okay, I have lost all faith in Bungie/Activision now. I can only imagine what will happen once Delrith and Joe get a hold of this information, especially if it's directly confirmed in the future.

It doesn't even matter what's in this expansion for me, just the fact that the developers and publishers would stoop to such a lowly, corparate commander style tactic to try to force us in to spending as much money as possible on things that we should've had at release is freaking unbelievable.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/09/29/report-videos-reveal-details-of-destiny-s-first-two-expansions.aspx

Bungie has confirmed the video, but also say the DLC expansions are not fully completed either. Whether that is true or not is hard to say since they could just be saying that to keep themselves out of trouble. Though I do hope it is true because what we see in the video in the OP just isn't enough to warrant the price they have been asking for the season pass let alone makes me worry what each expansion alone costs.

I honestly hope the leak is just some of the locations cuz man it does seems rather empty still.  The missions in the reef should bring a new location hopefully.  Lets just hope they don't screw this up.

Ha Ha Ha!

oh-wait-youre-serious-let-me-laugh-even-

If I'm wrong, I'll admit it.

If you're wrong, will you?

Or maybe four months down the road they'll add Mercury in and not charge us for it.

If they're going to charge us for new missions and a raid, do you honestly believe they'll give a new Planet for free?

Events are going to be free, new bounties, probably, but whole new mission areas that may or may not tie into the story with new Raids? I find it highly unlikely that they'll give that sort of stuff for free. Would be great if they do, but it's best to not hold your breath.

If they're going to charge us for new missions and a raid, do you honestly believe they'll give a new Planet for free?

Events are going to be free, new bounties, probably, but whole new mission areas that may or may not tie into the story with new Raids? I find it highly unlikely that they'll give that sort of stuff for free. Would be great if they do, but it's best to not hold your breath.

What I heard is that the two expansion packs are part of the agreement with Activision.

People want to know how what we got cost 500mil? 10 years worth of server costs, that's how.

And if I'm right about that, they have no reason to charge us more than what we've already payed.

Maybe I'm wrong, but there's too much speculation and not enough proof for me to jump on the bandwagon with you guys at present.

Maybe I'm wrong, but there's too much speculation and not enough proof for me to jump on the bandwagon with you guys at present.

Same can be said with what you're saying. The 500 Million didn't all go to server costs, I'm sure you know that. It's more plausible that majority of it went into marketing the game.

However, one thing that we don't have to speculate on is that Activision still owns Bungie. It wouldn't be surprising of them to dictate to Bungie whether to release something for free or not.

It would be great if you were right and we were wrong, but because of Activision's track record, and the state of Destiny is at release, it seems highly unlikely.

Same can be said with what you're saying. The 500 Million didn't all go to server costs, I'm sure you know that. It's more plausible that majority of it went into marketing the game.

I didn't say it all went there. All I said was that servers aren't cheap and keeping them running for ten years is even less so.

The only possible way that they can have enough money to keep the servers running for ten years is either a constant stream of DLC, microtransactions, or part of the 500mil was allocated towards that future cost.

I'm presenting the latter as a possibility because it's the only possible way what I'm saying could be true, and also if Bungie had less of a budget than 500mil because of that it would explain a few things.

I didn't say it all went there. All I said was that servers aren't cheap and keeping them running for ten years is even less so.

The only possible way that they can have enough money to keep the servers running for ten years is either a constant stream of DLC, microtransactions, or part of the 500mil was allocated towards that future cost.

I'm presenting the latter as a possibility because it's the only possible way what I'm saying could be true, and also if Bungie had less of a budget than 500mil because of that it would explain a few things.

Are you able to substantiate an amount of how much of said money actually went into the servers? Where as considering the hype that the game has, it's easier to believe that most of that money went into marketing, instead of servers. The claim that it's for 10 years of server service doesn't help either.

Also,

What I heard is that the two expansion packs are part of the agreement with Activision.

Not that there's any proof in that. But then this bug shows that the DLC they plan on giving us on the disc (or part of it at the least). We're talking about Activision here, and you can bet they're going to dictate what Bungie is going to give out for free, if anything at all. Let's also not forget that when they were still handling Halo, they didn't give out free DLC for map packs either.

A new Planet is going to have Missions that will most likely tie-in to the story. New Bounties because of new enemy types and areas, new Strikes, probably a raid, and new Multiplayer Maps. Then we take into account the salaries of the programmers, artists, voice actors (gonna have to get Dinklebot to say new lines), animators, MOCAP Aritsts, etc.. You expect them to give all of that for free? Sorry, that just isn't happening. Even if a chunk of that 500 Million went into Servers, which I might repeat is highly unlikely for all 10 years that this game / series is planned to be for, free DLC Planet isn't going to happen. Small stuff like free armor or shaders for everyone, that might work. But Planet, is pushing it.

You can be optimistic at this all you want. But that's not going to change how the game's state at release, coupled with the fact that it's Activision we're dealing with is very telling on how it's going to be in the future.

Verethragna likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0