• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roche

The story so far with alleged Bungie insider

17 posts in this topic

Suddenly the bullshit "there's no time for a  PC port"s and the smug "no one plays FPS on PC anymore" comments make a lot more sense. 

The apparent similarities with Mass Effect 3 seem uncanny.(Ironic he even mentions Mass Effect type game as their "original vision".) 

Drew leaving Bioware really screwed a lot of things up during the development of ME3. leaving guys like Casey Hudson (with their huge egos) in charge of the game.(just like Joe leaving screwed up Destiny).

Both games end up cutting a huge amount of content that leaves the game feeling empty and hollow. 

if you want this game to be like that version, I would highly recommend doing a petition or something. Just saying

if you want this game to be like that version, I would highly recommend doing a petition or something. Just saying

There's almost no chance of that working, though I suppose it couldn't hurt.

The leak reports that the assets are in the disk.....
Why hasn't any hacker found it?
They were preety quick to find the Disk-Locked Content in the Street Fighter disks....

never buying a triple a game again, unless its GTA6, last of us 2, red dead revenge, uncharted 4 (but i might skip that one because i heard alot of people quit naughty dog during development).

i have literally lost faith in new gaming. some people talk about the second video game crash coming, and i agree, it's on it's way. the more people get pissed off and fed up the sooner it will happen. movie industry might get away with releasing boring movie after boring movie, but gamers aren't going to stand for stuff like that.

note: edited because raging is stupid and i dont want to be stupid.

Glaice likes this

never buying a triple a game again, unless its GTA6, last of us 2, red dead revenge, uncharted 4 (but i might skip that one because i heard alot of people quit naughty dog during development).

i have literally lost faith in new gaming. some people talk about the second video game crash coming, and i agree, it's on it's way. the more people get pissed off and fed up the sooner it will happen. movie industry might get away with releasing bullshit movie after bullshit movie, but gamers aren't going to stand for shit like that.

Since we've had this discussion before extensively I won't develop the subject further, however I feel I should point out that the crash is a lie.

Since we've had this discussion before extensively I won't develop the subject further, however I feel I should point out that the crash is a lie.

Crash might or might not come. It all depends on the publishers. There's already a few incidents where publishers have over-stepped the line, but usually they either quickly pull their leg back or it's an issue that doesn't happen too often.. If there's a flood of stuff like this, then at some point the emotions would reach an all time high, but I don't think that now's the time. There's a few pissed off guys here and there, but usually they still buy games if the marketing is done well. The crash only would happen if a huge amount of gamers would simply stop paying up making large publishers go bankrupt. This doesn't seem to be happening as those games still sell and I don't think "The Crash" will happen inside the next few years.

Honestly I'm not surprised of this. I haven't exactly played Destiny myself, but seeing all the videos where people talk about the broken storylines and simple lack of anything. I already felt like stuff was cut (Didn't know if stuff was still on the disc or not though.) so yeah. Sad to see that the initial idea for Destiny (Which did seem quite badass.) was just destroyed by the project leads (And a vital part leaving the team.). But again this is a shame, but it's nothing new.

The only thing I can sum up here is just three... words...

*sighs*

WHAT THE FUCK!?

I too want to mash my head on various hard objects when people talk about a video game crash just because of their susceptibility to thinking future high-budget games are going to be Heaven in software.

What I DO think however is that more companies are going to become like Blizzard with their new opinion that "smaller games" are the future. Note that I'm not thinking every game is going to be some 5-10 hour 2d platformer or whatever. But rather that big companies are going to realize that having a huge massive crew working on one game is dangerous. Smaller teams are more efficient, and while many people will point out there are a lot of bad indie games, that's mostly because the people behind their small teams lack the talent/vision/design/whatever to make a good game. I do think however that there are plenty of good ones out there too, and the smaller the team, the better a chance a really good game dev has to really shine.

It's kinda like music bands, so many only have like 4 or 5 members, and those STILL frequently break up, replace people, have drama, etc. I think high-budget gaming companies are kinda noticing that point where the size of the teams working on a project for a given length of time is just too unstable, and the higher profile games/companies will become more stable/reliable once again once they move to smaller teams (or somehow find new ways to manage them better...of course there's always the odd fluke out where things just so happen to run smooth).

DestinyDecade likes this

It's kinda like music bands, so many only have like 4 or 5 members, and those STILL frequently break up, replace people, have drama, etc.

yes, however most bands care about what they make. many do what they do because of their love for the music and their fans - the money is an afterthought on most occasions.

i think a lot more game developers and studios / publishers simply do it for the money. they probably go to university / college to get started purely because they think "gaming is big business, i can make lots of money making random games". the thought of hard work and care gone into production of a great game is on most occasions the afterthought with these people. with music bands, it's the opposite.

I too want to mash my head on various hard objects when people talk about a video game crash just because of their susceptibility to thinking future high-budget games are going to be Heaven in software.

What I DO think however is that more companies are going to become like Blizzard with their new opinion that "smaller games" are the future. Note that I'm not thinking every game is going to be some 5-10 hour 2d platformer or whatever. But rather that big companies are going to realize that having a huge massive crew working on one game is dangerous. Smaller teams are more efficient, and while many people will point out there are a lot of bad indie games, that's mostly because the people behind their small teams lack the talent/vision/design/whatever to make a good game. I do think however that there are plenty of good ones out there too, and the smaller the team, the better a chance a really good game dev has to really shine.

It's kinda like music bands, so many only have like 4 or 5 members, and those STILL frequently break up, replace people, have drama, etc. I think high-budget gaming companies are kinda noticing that point where the size of the teams working on a project for a given length of time is just too unstable, and the higher profile games/companies will become more stable/reliable once again once they move to smaller teams (or somehow find new ways to manage them better...of course there's always the odd fluke out where things just so happen to run smooth).

Dude I'm already bashing my head in and this is no exception. I'm like what the heck's going on.

yes, however most bands care about what they make. many do what they do because of their love for the music and their fans - the money is an afterthought on most occasions.

i think a lot more game developers and studios / publishers simply do it for the money. they probably go to university / college to get started purely because they think "gaming is big business, i can make lots of money making random games". the thought of hard work and care gone into production of a great game is on most occasions the afterthought with these people. with music bands, it's the opposite.

I think it's very likely that publishers may have that mindset but I don't know about development teams. That said, when you have a bigass team, can you really blame that kinda mindset? I mean if your team is so big what are the chances that the game is even half-way like what any single one of the developers want it to be? Making money is really the only common denominator that everyone is going to want. Everything else is a matter of style,taste,whatever. I think if games had smaller development teams, you WILL see the devs caring more about every nuance of the product because they will have a significant hand in its development.

I think it's very likely that publishers may have that mindset but I don't know about development teams. That said, when you have a bigass team, can you really blame that kinda mindset? I mean if your team is so big what are the chances that the game is even half-way like what any single one of the developers want it to be? Making money is really the only common denominator that everyone is going to want. Everything else is a matter of style,taste,whatever. I think if games had smaller development teams, you WILL see the devs caring more about every nuance of the product because they will have a significant hand in its development.

Actually they said that the initial idea of Destiny was a plan for a good and deep game. So whatever mindset they thought that in, they thought it with the eventual goal for a great game in mind. It twisted into the abomination only at the 70%~ part. 

It's always publishers who screw things up. Almost always their involvement messes things up, especially bigger publishers.

Actually they said that the initial idea of Destiny was a plan for a good and deep game. So whatever mindset they thought that in, they thought it with the eventual goal for a great game in mind. It twisted into the abomination only at the 70%~ part. 

Yeah the other dude said something similar, and I already knew this...I'm not really sure how that's a point against mine though. Bigger things with bigger crews with bigger schedules, bigger/anything increases the chances of conflicts happening. The fact it happened at the final quarter doesn't disprove that imo.