• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Get2dachoppa

IGN rate Alien Isolation 5.9...

77 posts in this topic

i dont care what ign, eurogamer, gamespot, whoever rates any game. none of their ratings are true. the best place to see what a game is really like is on amazon or steam reviews - i tend to just read what the players actually say. most of the time if something is fundamentally broken or whatever people state it, but big review sites ignore all of that. all they care about is easy gameplay and nice graphics and online FPS modes.

I don't throw IGN as far i can throw them. I rarely trust most reviewers but I trust Joe he has a good taste in what a good game is and I have not found a game he has said was good to be bad. 
Edit: Also if you look at it some games are great but get bad reviews because if you look at the typical review site their reviewers typically have to rush through games and don't really get a chance to actually get a true feel for the game. Also I don't mind hard games due to the fact you have alot that seem to be made for people who don't have a clue what they are doing even on hard settings.

Using IGN as a real review site.

pfffffffffffffffffftttttttttttt

I only just recently heard of Angry Joe and watch a few of his reviews and I think he is fantastic and down to earth. II just know this game is way better than shity game reviewers like IGN credited it for. I am waiting for Joe to do a full review of this game and put Ryan and IGN in their place. This game is suppose to put Alien Colonial marines in septic tank in Iraq.

DestinyDecade likes this

IGN and the like pretty much like the yellow press. They cannot be trusted as all they do depends on their own benefits.

Watch it later be in their top whatever list despite the score.

*cough* God Hand *cough*

PC Gamer gave it a 93, Gamespot a 6, The Escapist gave it a 4.5/5.

Looks like opinion will be mixed.

I can already see Joe mentioning Ryan's review of the game in his. That would be a sight to see :P

#IGNorant

The only people I trust for reviews are people like Angry Joe. They know how a game should be rated and they're not afraid to take criticism.

I'll wait until Joe does his review.

Hohoho, looks like this is one of those "mixed reception" games where opinions are divided. Also known as " i don't know what the fuck to think". Don't fear. All you need to do to see if the game is good or bad is see a game playthrough when it's released. And of course seeing mr Joe's review.

But since Steam now has changed the layout and they have PERFECTLY put user opinions on games, so there will be signs that said: negative, mixed or very positive, check that out instead. Thankfully most of the previous games I bought that got mixed scores are all rated by users "postive" to "very positive".

WTF is alien Isolation will probably be out in a few days anyway and there'll be about 30 thousand people streaming it over Twitch, I'm not a big fan of games where I can't blow the hell out of the bigass monster to be honest so I'm not getting it for a while.

The sad thing for me is that Ryan McCaffrey was a good family man when he was back in OXM and he made the KOXM podcast. After he left OXM, KOXM just wasnt the same and Andy and Dave barely kept it for a While. Last I heard the postcast is dead now. From what I've heard, Ryan is nowhere near close as awesome as the OXM Ryan anymore.

EX-Loyal OXMers will understand. I only say ex because I dont subscribe to any gaming magazine anymore.

WTF is alien Isolation will probably be out in a few days anyway and there'll be about 30 thousand people streaming it over Twitch, I'm not a big fan of games where I can't blow the hell out of the bigass monster to be honest so I'm not getting it for a while.

No WTF is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL05T2v6Qao

When you see a game that you think you will like, sometimes it's better to trust your own instincts. Look at the reviews to get a general idea, but in the end, you are the only one who knows if you will like the game or not and that's simply by playing it yourself. That's like finding a plate with a piece of meat on it that you want to try. You can ask someone to take a bite of it and tell you what's it's like, but in the end you just have to bite it yourself and judge the taste for yourself. Specially when it comes to games like Alien Isolation, it's just better to wait for reviews from popular Youtubers who are popular for their reviews or maybe some smaller ones that you know of.

In the end, it's all up to you. This is a game that I really want and seeing how many different reviewers gave it different scores, looks like it will be up to me to bite it to see if I'm going to like it or not.

Oh yeah Sega's a bunch of assholes, right... I compltely forgot, well twitch is still going to be plagued with streams I suppose but that sucks.

Auron, there is always Rock Paper Shotgun, which released a very positive review.

And PC Gaming Wiki.

PC Gamer gave it a 93, Gamespot a 6, The Escapist gave it a 4.5/5.

Looks like opinion will be mixed.

Out of those, only the ones who gave it a high score are worth even considering, so not really.

Also, ign gave A:CM a 4.5 out of 10, so basically, they are saying that A:I is only 2.4% better... whatever that means.

Out of those, only the ones who gave it a high score are worth even considering, so not really.

Actually, depending on the type of gamer you are, your considerate reviewer will defer because each reviewer likes/ prefers certain types of games. I watched plenty of gameplay to know exactly what type of game this will be like, and I like it. This game is like games like Outlast, Daylight, and Slenderman. Which even these games got some mixed reviews. This all depends on whether you like those style of games or not, which reviewers tend to not inform the audience which type of games they prefer. which results in "so who can you trust here" and such.

Also, ign gave A:CM a 4.5 out of 10, so basically, they are saying that A:I is only 2.4% better... whatever that means.

Actually they are saying it is 14% better. Back to the actual game, the problem with reviews is that some people just don't have the same tastes and the only real way to trust them is to find a specific reviewer who has the same taste as you. Ironically, IGN Italia gave the game an 8.

Yeah, I mean, what kind of an idiot would listen to anything Kevin VanOrd says?

image.png

That's not how scores work and how would an increase of 1.4 in a scale of 10 equal 2.4%?

While I agree that score is probably low for what this game will no doubt be like, this improper score stigma needs to die. A 5.0 is not a bad game just so you guys remember, it's means it's mediocre, nothing special, split in the middle, not necessarily bad but also not good.