• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

TheRogueMonk

Destiny a disappointment to say the least

24 posts in this topic

Destiny a disappointment to say the least

this game is so boring... strife strife jump strife  shoot ,  it has no challenging or exciting element in it. 

the ai are very boring and non challenging  , i don't feel that i am playing a game  i just don't know what this is! 

it tries to do something and does not succeed in it. 

AI spawns same exact places AND SO DO YOU... it seems like minimal effort was putt into designing this game. 

I can not really compare it to any game because it fails in being like those games.

if there was a word i would use to explain this game i would be MONOTONOUS.

it has NO exciting or good parts for me to settle on and it keeps making me ask why and how it could be so critically acclaimed. 

THE GAME IS SO BAD people are USING THE GLITCHES TO HAVE FUN ! yes people are trying to find glitches in the game in order to scrap whatever worth they can out of their hard earned money!

PLEASE STOP buying GIMMICKY games.   like i would never buy shadow of mordor unless it had coop. 

DeadOrb1t and cool breeze like this

While I can't agree with your opinion of Shadows of Mordor I do feel that Bungie made a game without heart. I believe strongly that is the reason I lost the passion to play by myself.

With friends, any game you find lukewarm can be made fun for a while but not forever, at least for me. The lack of narrative even though Bungie stressed the story at multiple events fell short. Yes I could go online, sign up, confirm my email, and every time I get a new codex open my browser and read it, however all that work rips the enjoyment of the lore. Any true sense of story does not take form till the end at which point you realize if you stuck it out for the story, you will have to pay extra to see another slice.

The repetitive use of levels that hearken back to old school MMO designs is a bad aspect of the genre to pull from. While I do enjoy coming across other players, the small areas remove the sense and wonder of the world. The exploration I thought I would experience is just not there.

Now the shooting mechanics are tight, the guns have the right effect both visceral and dynamic. However the lack of variety of weapons hurts the RPG-esq loot mechanic they were trying to go for.

The music is amazing, the visuals stellar, the models unique, but the dialogue falls flat from every actor/actress. I just hope the next iteration of Destiny improves upon these issues. 

Sold Destiny today for $40.. I felt a heavy burden was lifted from my shoulders.

cool breeze and TheRogueMonk like this

I can't agree with the statement about Shadow of Mordor. Not every game needs co-op and multiplayer, in fact it's somewhat refreshing to see a singleplayer release when most games now come with it, sometimes just tacked on because they feel they must in order to attract people.

HeroEightyTwo likes this

I enjoy playing the game, yes it has flaws the story line or lack of. Repetition can get annoying as well.

Currently at the end of the raid and all I could think was "why the hell are strikes not just shorter verions of this?!?!". The raid has actual team work based objectives (like teams of two defending 3 seperate objectives, having to fight a miniboss plus his mobs plus orbs that kill you if you don't kill them while cleansing team mates from death inducing curses). The raid even has a stealth section and requires some good scouting and communication to find exit and get eeryone there safely.

Had destiny made the strikes actual team based missions like the raid but shorter, I would consider the game an 8/10. The raid alone makes me hope they release more as free content but I suspect it will be locked away behind the paid expansions.

Anyways, everything that isn't the raid still sucks.

Can you trust the opinion of somebody on an online only console game when don't have a PSN ID or a Gamertag? Just saying.

Verethragna likes this

Its hard to put i down, but it has come to that tonight. Imwas expecting more from Bungie. Game is fairly good, but it lacks story and more thing i like in Borderlands. Like trading gear with friends should have been in the game since day one. World feels a bit, well, not interactive enough. I was expecting salesman or other npc along the way in the levels, but its not there.

Now the unsealing of Watch Dogs has begun. Something different due to the lack of repeat after repeat of strikes.

The Raid is easily the best thing about Destiny PVE and not everyone has gotten a chance to play it because lack of matchmaking. Communicating and Teamwork is amazing in the raid when you can get 6 people together. Having to work together and the fact it requires so much team work is what I was expecting the ENTIRE game to be. The only teamwork youll be doing on strikes is..."Oh I'm down...Can you get me?  Oh it's cool I'll respawn in 20 seconds so lay low if you can"  "Ok I've respawned."  I've done strikes with friends and we do those missions by barely talking or just talking about everyday life. In the raid, my friends and I were constantly talking and even though we wiped a few times it never took away from the fun because we were having so much fun re strategizing and triumphing over our foes. Lack of communication in a team based game is also a failure.  Even people at Bungie admitted the game failed in several areas because of last minute changes.  I honestly don't think this game is going to recover. They can't redo the story and a majority of the players hated it so adding on to the non existent story further won't change anything.  They released their pilot episode, they didn't draw in a big enough audience, the ratings are showing, and the shows getting canceled.  Maybe next time Bungie.  

I just don't agree with you guys... i can't see how people are saying the gameplay or shooting is solid.

ONLY if it was as big and engrossing as borderlands there has been no game unfortunately to really and truly try to be like borderlands 2 in my opinion. 

I see that destiny is a huge disappointment in many terms  I must say that i did expect some level of lack but i could imagine how marginal this game would be as it is. 

my impression is as that this is an unfinished game perhaps rushed or crammed in some ways which in turns renders this game almost with no fun nor challenge. 

cool breeze likes this

i enjoy the game.. but i cant help but feel sad.. i really regret buying the digital guardian edition.. when i dont even feel like i want the expansions that are coming out.. i really enjoy the game tho.. but i feel like losing it. after successfully ddoing the raid..

raid is all that is good in the game.. but i have to wait weekly for another chance of reward.. or be forced to make another same character which i dont want(obviously because i would be forced to play the same mission and forced to watch them over and over and over again(as if queens wrath aint enough)

and yes the crucible as well. but the rest... pfft..

story? what story..

lore? wtf there is no lore..

strikes? haha..........................................

the grinding for marks? haha well.. i guess they serve a purpose.. but srsly a little worth..

game has potential.. i enjoyed it.. but it wont last long as im slowly losing it.. ssaad..

I'm not sure which is more tiresome, the issues within the game, or the amount of threads pointing them out.

hear hear.  :)

But then again, the bar was set to high by Bungie. They didn't deliver and that with a 500 million dollar budget.  :blink:

TheRogueMonk likes this

I had a feeling the Beta was the actual game. People I was playing the beta with kept telling me "its only repetitive because it is a beta and the final game will be different", I knew they were wrong but I didn't think the rest of the game would be like that. Pvp was the real enjoyable thing but the extreme auto aim kind of took away the challenge of actually having to aim. Here's hoping No Man's Sky can give me that real exploration of the game world I wanted that Destiny couldn't deliver. 

HeroEightyTwo and TheRogueMonk like this

Lol I just looked on eBay to see how much I would get for my Destiny Limited edition and I can't see any auctions that have bids on them. Though some people are stupidly trying to sell the steelbook alone for £44. I know the majority of bods come in just before an item ends but I usually see a few bids by those who don't know any better on any auction I look at. Looks like you can't give it away :P

I could get £22 trade in value at my local store but that doesn't account for the limited editions collectibles so I hoped eBay could net me more of my money back.

I have to agree, sadly. I've been excited for this game ever since I heard about it over a year ago. I really want to like but the more I play the more stale the gameplay feels. It just feels so grindy. I find myself just playing the same missions and strikes over and over and these long boss fights just drag on and get pretty boring. I'm hoping that the expansions will add some better content and hopefully explain the story more. Bungie let me down on this one...

lets face it , even grindy can be fun...they need to  be more creative with gems these days. 

Fortenbery likes this

I don't know why anyone could be disappointed with Destiny.

I played the Beta, enjoyed what I played, and paid them so I could do more of that.

If you got taken aboard the hype train that's your own damn fault, not theirs.

The game has it's problems, but  I'm still hopeful that over the long term it'll be a worthwhile investment.

forzsaken likes this

i dont know why you guys kept spouting that us disappointed people are disappointed because of the freakin hype.. it wasnt mostly the hype bros.. it wasnt..

Played the demo, the shooting was awesome very solid, graphics looks epic as well.. but not hyped.. just think its cool.. saw the game in xbox market.. preordered digital guardian.. just cuz the deal looks great and seemed like a promising game.. AND IT IS promising.. but.. but...

BUT the problem was.. the STORY WAS TRASH, Lore was neglected, clans are useless, tries hard to force you to play multiplayer yet makes it insanely harder for you to get group, forces you to go to forums for lfg and etc, the Grinding for marks became useless after two weeks(legendary armors who are same stats if not better became easier to get cuz of Casual players), every mode is trash cept the raid which unfortunately you can only do once a week like wth(unless you create more toons), the strikes are trash altho they made it better tho by getting gears now at the very least, and so many more my friend so many more.. 

They are all in a normal point of view and no i dont own halo, never knew bungie..

there were 3 ways to look at the game when its coming out:
1. Negative and Thinking its trash- "Its gonna flob"
2. Normal - "looks kinda good imma buy it"
3. Insanely Positive Hype - Oh sht i must have it

the only thing you wont be disappointed is by picking 1

sure the game is decent at best.. with so many disappointing things. and only few notable things (shooting, sound effects, graphics)

dont spout bs about hype pls.. cuz it wasnt the hype.. it wasnt.. 

Dont you get the feeling like:
1. "aw man i just wish they had lore in the game"
2. "that they have more hard dungeons like raids"
3. "the game aint repetitive.. and makes you repeat it again even through the strike or queens bounty"
4. "that they shouldve given you more of a single player experience rather than pressuring you to go multiplayer or shouldve put a public text chat to find group or at least in-game clan roster"

i could go on and on about this and  i would say again this is a normal perspective and not hype point of view.

EDIT:
Yes im disappointed but doesnt mean i didnt enjoy some parts of the game. I ENJOYED THE GAME AND I THINK THE FULL PRICE IS WORTH IT because it did have a lot of content and its a finished game.. but some people like me who enjoyed it still cant help but feel disappointed in a way or many ways. but its seriously not because of the freakin hype.. its just how the game is. 

im still giving it chance in the future(I dont have a choice lol it took my 20bucks already). I hope it gets better soon for my 20dollar investment..

TheRogueMonk likes this

I'm loving the hell out of destiny. I still think it's fun.