• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

argetlam350

Tackling the Raids, Sunday (PS4)

673 posts in this topic

I know, but my party of friends here keep telling me I was wrong.

I am with you sir, I am not the one to have this directed at.

I'm aware.

I was directing it at whoever called them anchors. XD

I mean, even the original term the fireteam I was with on the first attempt to Crota's End was closer with "Mutated Shriekers."

I'm aware.

I was directing it at whoever called them anchors. XD

I mean, even the original term the fireteam I was with on the first attempt to Crota's End was closer with "Mutated Shriekers."

Won't lie, deep inside I always wanted to call them "The Two Towers"

Back on subject of Crota's End or Raids in general. I will be retiring my hat as main Relic user. It was fun while it lasted, but it weighs on me abit. I wanted others to experience the fun of being the one who kills Crota. Doesn't mean I will outright refuse to use Relics. No if I have too I will, I just am retiring from being always the first few to go with. So to help those in our group who don't understand Crota or using the sword in Crota I found a video that explains the Sword, the Timing, and the positions of being a Relic user in Crota's End.

Kill the Boomes and Wizard in Hard?

LoL whut? (Ow. My soul ...)

Kill the Boomes and Wizard in Hard?

LoL whut? (Ow. My soul ...)

Ya, that I don't agree with. Wont need to do that but just as training for sword, this is good.

I may see if I can jump in on this week. But that all depends on if anyone minds being weighed down by a lvl25

Ya, that I don't agree with. Wont need to do that but just as training for sword, this is good.

Indeed. Between this video, the three times I've been in a group that took down Crota on Hard, and the one time I took him down with the sword on Normal, I feel confident in my ability to use the sword on Hard.

Indeed. Between this video, the three times I've been in a group that took down Crota on Hard, and the one time I took him down with the sword on Normal, I feel confident in my ability to use the sword on Hard.

That's what I want the rest to get across. The sword may seem like a weight of a job, and in some cases it is. But it's not scary, its not hard. Sure there are somethings that work against you. But sometimes that's not really your fault. You just got to be confident, you don't have to be skilled or amazing. Just pace yourself know you limit.

That's what I want the rest to get across. The sword may seem like a weight of a job, and in some cases it is. But it's not scary, its not hard. Sure there are somethings that work against you. But sometimes that's not really your fault. You just got to be confident, you don't have to be skilled or amazing. Just pace yourself know you limit.

That's Destiny in a nutshell.

Using the shield against Aetheon, the Sword against Crota, soloing the Nightfall ...

90% of it is simply growing a pair.

Yep so hopefully we will have a hunter with a Sword...

I also might again try to attempt to get a group together for at least templar on Hard. I might have Thorn back but the ultimate handcannon I want is Fatebringer. My precious shall be mine......

At least I hope I will be able to. Lately I have been having issues with Destiny late in the evening. Keeps saying it can't connect to their servers in the evening though it works perfectly fine during the day. Keep getting the dumb canary error code.

At least I hope I will be able to. Lately I have been having issues with Destiny late in the evening. Keeps saying it can't connect to their servers in the evening though it works perfectly fine during the day. Keep getting the dumb canary error code.

You're not the only one facing this. I been noticing it as well.

You're not the only one facing this. I been noticing it as well.

It's indeed fustrating. Hopefully during tomorrow's raids it won't be an issue since it will be midday but who knows. I know it's not my internet because everything else works fine. Every other game I play doesn't have issues connecting online except for Destiny during the evening hours.

Yep so hopefully we will have a hunter with a Sword...

Hunter?

Naw, Warlock.

You can put as much damage on Crota as possible with the third sword without having to worry about backing off, get killed when he's summoning the Oversoul anyway, revive right next to him just as his shield drops and finish him off.

The Raids shall be taking place at 12:00 PM Mountain Standard Time still. WHen the group is full I guess we shall decide which raid to begin first and on what difficulty.

I'm up for the raids. I feel like I can use the sword now after watching that video, I might try tonight if you guys let me.

Well the raids went somewhat well overall. We had a successful VoG run on hard and a successful Crota Run on normal. The greatest success though was in the Vog raid for two people got the Vex Mythoclass (one being me XD). We also had a discussion on the purpose of Crota's End and found out the only purpose for Crota's End is this.......

ORBS!!!!!!!!!! ORBS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!

Sounds like we had similar experiences, Arget.

Finally got my Hunter cloak and Praedyth's Timepiece out of the VoG tonight (Only thing I still need for the VoG is a Titan Chest, just to say I have a full set on all three characters).

And then got the Red Death (Only Exotic gun I still need is the 4th Horseman) and the Hunger of Crota out of Normal, both of which I've been after for the longest time.

And is it just me, or does the Swordbearer always get the best rewards? This is the second time I've beaten him while in that role, and the first time it gave me the Warlock helmet. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like it ...

Calling All Guardians― I demand we focus on Crota, only Crota. Bring Forth his end, once and for all.

tumblr_ngkwlgCJJW1qguakjo3_500.gif

"We've been trained to think that we’re invincible.

And now our proudest Guardians have been destroyed by an enemy we considered dormant.

We’re on the ropes Guardians, that’s why we must strike back now.

I am talking about hitting the heart of our enemy, the way they have hit us.

Victory is not possible without facing danger, we are at war- of course there is risk.

Guardians, most of you did not know me before our collapse.

I was strong, proud and arrogant.

Now I wonder every hour, why The Travel brought me back.

But when I see defeat in the eyes of my Guardians, in your eyes right now.

I start to think that maybe The Traveler brought me back in times like these to be reminded who we truly are, that we will not give up or give in.

Now stand with me with our angry yells, defend this city against it’s greatest enemies. In the face of death, fear and risk. Stand with me!

Do not tell me it can’t be done." ― Guardian Stick

Castellanchris likes this

True words  Sticks which brings me to saying that we shall make an attempt at Crota on hard again tonight probably between 8:30 or 9:00 PM tonight mountain standard time(sorry but I won't be able to get on until then. So sorry about the late time).

I agree completely stick, it's about time he fell!

Guardians for too long have we thrown ourselves against his sword only to meet its edge, no more I say! We found his door and threw it open, we crossed the abyss and laid low its keepers, we silenced deaths song and now we shall kill the prince of the hive, the son of oryx shall be cast down by our light.

If I'm not on just send me a message I shall appear!

Shame he doesn't back away from grenades.

Then you might actually have a chance of making him fall off. [/Motivation]

Shame he doesn't back away from grenades.

Then you might actually have a chance of making him fall off. [/Motivation]

He does back away from grenades but the method you suggest requires a lag switch to even do and we want to do it legit.

He does back away from grenades but the method you suggest requires a lag switch to even do and we want to do it legit.

I know.

Like I said, it was meant to be motivation.

Next time you take him on in Hard, prove me wrong.  ;)

C4 Chicago likes this

tumblr_ndn86qwyED1qfxt2uo4_r1_500.gif

Six of us went down into the Pit.

Six returned, marching out.

We, the Angry Guardian Army.

We have seen what the Hive called a God.

Crota, Son of Oryx.

We took everything from him.

He will no longer can turn his eyes to Earth.

By the strength of our Light, he felt our wrath.

Now you may rest citizens of Earth, what now lurks in the Dark Below

Is Light.

Bringers of Light, Bringers of Crota's End.

Argetlam350, The Revenant Hand

Castellanchris, The Unfaltered Hand

Mattastick, The Spirited Heart

Mr E Meatshield, The Whispering Blade

WithaStick, Magister of Capres Sun

NfLfaN88, The Awoken Huntress Guide

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this