• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

IronicRobot

An open letter to Angry Joe regarding #GamerGate

36 posts in this topic

I'm assuming/hoping he does, because of how huge this thing seems to be within the gaming industry, but I'm surprised Joe hasn't made a video about it. I don't know if he's talked about it on stream or whatever because I haven't been checking him out too often. 

I realize he pretty much just got back from PAX, but I'm just kind of surprised to not have seen a video about it from him yet.

Do you think he's saving this whole thing for a controversies list at the end of the year?

(Also: Apologies for unnecessary hashtag  :unsure: )

He might be saving it for a controversies list, or he might be putting together a video about it now. It wouldn't be an immediate thing. There's all sorts of factors going into an umbrella being called "GamerGate" right now. But I'm sure he's aware of at least some of it.

Yeah i think itll be saved for the top 10s... But even if it wasnt joe would take time to research in depth and provide a big detailed overview... Something that just isnt possible in this period of time without simply parroting what everyone else says.

Hi all.

First off, this open letter has been very well recieved and many people from the army have told me it deserves a separate topic. Tho sending it to him on twitter is a course of action i have taken, i belive having it here on his own community is the best way. I believe the video is respectful and made with the most genuine of ways.

The forum has been made with two purposes:

1- To get this video to Joe

2- For anyone who wants to chime in on the message to freely do so. 

I also know that since joe is all for free speach, and will defend even Sarkeesians right to voice her opinion by "fighting anyone on the street" that this forum post wont be locked or moved. 

Thank you for your time

I also know that since joe is all for free speach, and will defend even Sarkeesians right to voice her opinion by "fighting anyone on the street" that this forum post wont be locked or moved. 

I loathe anita sarkeesian. No, it's not because of her trying to defend women and such. No, in-fact I like seeing people defend gender equality. 

The reason why I hate her, is because she is only in this for the profit and fame. Heck, take a look at her recent tweets involving Gamergate. She shows abit of her real colors in those tweets.

7NEIA1U.png?1

oqXhPSz.png?1

Links to those Twitter Posts:

[1] [2] 

By the way, here is the link to the youtube video which is linked in a couple of those tweets

http://youtu.be/yIpw3wHn9Sk

Now as you can see, the community who follow the women is pretty diversed. But, I already ranted and linked her to this GamerGate enough already...I'm just gonna go back to my game making room now 

I don't feel as though he should be obligated to talk about it if he doesn't feel the need since he doesn't generally cover news stories. If it doesn't make the number 1 spot on his top ten controversies list though, I don't know what would.

I don't feel as though he should be obligated to talk about it if he doesn't feel the need since he doesn't generally cover news stories. If it doesn't make the number 1 spot on his top ten controversies list though, I don't know what would.

QFT

Joe deals mostly with reviewing games and surveillance of Corporate Commander's forces, not journalism and gaming culture in general.

It would be nice for him to set his opinion on it all, but it's not what I expect from him.

QFT

Joe deals mostly with reviewing games and surveillance of Corporate Commander's forces, not journalism and gaming culture in general.

It would be nice for him to set his opinion on it all, but it's not what I expect from him.

Joe does not only deal with reviews. His thoughts being documented on the whole Xbox 1 fiasco prove this. He has spoken out on other issues before and this is not simply a "controversial issue" its gone far beyond that. Its not fair but its the downside of popularity: he has a moral responsibility. By simply ignoring this he says much more then if he were to come out and say it. Also, his tweets i point out in the video are very indicative on his state of mind at the time. Gaming youtubers have a responsibility to the gaming community and joe has always been a critical thinker, to excuse him in the same way pewdiepie and tobuscus get excused is simply disingenuous. Weather we agree, disagree or dont care about #GamerGate the entire gaming community is, by the day, becoming more under attack. I would think joe, who allegedly stands up to shitty practices in the gaming community would stand up for....gamers, would say, something. With fame and power comes responsibility and a moral obligation to consumers. In Totalbiscuits words "I care about the consumer". We need people like him now because people listen to him, it sucks, its unfair, but he is not just another gamer. he cant stay idle. And as i said, to just give it a 10 min mention in his top 10 video would be to do it a disservice, hell, if hes "just about reviews" why does he even do a top ten controversies video? If hes onlt about reviews, why form a huge gaming community? 

personally i would prefer Joe do what he is currently doing, reviewing games. few youtubers do that that i know of.

too many put up random videos every day or couple of days and talk about things that dont even matter, and they call themselves gaming channels simply because they put gameplay footage in the background, call themselves a gamer, but are talking about some granny who got hit and robbed, or a guy who got his xbox stolen from him in the street.

if the item stolen was a wallet or phone, they wouldnt talk about it... but oh its an xbox... "yes, finally i can upload a video and make some money from the ads while not actually talking about anything gaming related! woopie!!"

As an FYI, the original topic i had was exchanged for this one. No idea why the mods did that and why the views of this topic are stuck in 0. hmmm

Gaming youtubers have a responsibility to the gaming community and joe has always been a critical thinker, to excuse him in the same way pewdiepie and tobuscus get excused is simply disingenuous. (...) With fame and power comes responsibility and a moral obligation to consumers. (...) And as i said, to just give it a 10 min mention in his top 10 video would be to do it a disservice, hell, if hes "just about reviews" why does he even do a top ten controversies video? If hes onlt about reviews, why form a huge gaming community? 

That's why I wrote "mostly".

I understand the sentiment, and share some of it, but even as we might expect something out from Joe, we can't really do anything beyond what you've just done: ask him to speak up.

If he does, it will be when he deems fit and in his terms. We can't just coerce a reply out from him. Or anyone at any rate.

Now, the interesting part..... you rose to the challenge and grabbed the bull by the horns (you should have heard the expression by now ;) ).

Many now-famous youtube channels were birthed by small crises.

Have you thought about your involvement in this whole thing? Ain't that awesome enough?

We can wait for a reply while you ponder it, pal.

Variloh likes this

That's why I wrote "mostly".

I understand the sentiment, and share some of it, but even as we might expect something out from Joe, we can't really do anything beyond what you've just done: ask him to speak up.

If he does, it will be when he deems fit and in his terms. We can't just coerce a reply out from him. Or anyone at any rate.

Now, the interesting part..... you rose to the challenge and grabbed the bull by the horns (you should have heard the expression by now ;) ).

Many now-famous youtube channels were birthed by small crises.

Have you thought about your involvement in this whole thing? Ain't that awesome enough?

We can wait for a reply while you ponder it, pal.

Regarding joe, its true noone can coerce an answer out of him and nobody is doing that. If it has come off that way i apologize. I do believe however everyone is accountable for there actions or inactions. If he chose not to respond in any way, when his controversies vid roles around, people should remember that he had a chance to make a difference and refused to do so. Nobody is bulletproof not even our Joe, and our responsibility as his community and his fans to let him know when we believe there is something he should/should not do. 

As per my role in this, let me give full disclosure, ive told this story multiple times but lets get it in writing. Over a year ago, 2013, i quit a lucrative job in the telecomunications industry, one that promised a career rather then a jump job. Its the job you find in ur late 20's that you dont leave and i was 23 at the time. I did so because it didnt fulfil me, (im one of those) and i decided to follow my dreams. I made a website, a webcomic, two youtube shows (a third one called GNN (games news network) thats a fake/comedy news cast is coming) and my own indie games (in dev tho you can play a prototype for free on my webpage, shameless plug: gamescraftart.weebly.com) . So yes, i wish i can make a career out of all this. That being said, the prospect of my work being taken in to account is thrilling and makes the 10-14 hour work days worth it. However when it comes to #GamerGate and my letter to joe, its about something more. I love this industry, everything about it, and it being attack is like being under attack myself. Gaming has made me who i am, 9/10 friends ive made and kept contact with over the years is thx to gaming. So when i tell joe the things i said in the video, thats not scripted, its not writen down in advance. It something im saying not as Variloh but as Julio Fernandez. So yes, it is thrilling that some plp are listening to me, but in this particular case, its beside the point. Thanks for the nice comment tho :)

Puntosmx likes this

Mods please fix this forum, it has 0 views and does not go to the top when it receives comments. Is this intentional?

stumble_meme_vol1.png

Did you actually happen to back out of this topic and look at the views? It's currently at 794 views and nothing was done on our end... Can we get a sorry?

' likes this

Mods please fix this forum, it has 0 views and does not go to the top when it receives comments. Is this intentional?

Now I know that you guys like your poorly thought out conspiracy theories but since I always enjoyed research and actual evidence, here

image.png

For future reference though, even if we wanted to keep this thread from getting bumped up from a comment or if we wanted to hide the views, the forum completely lacks any way for us to do that.

conspiracy_cat.jpg

Where's that coming from?

I'm in a gamersgate thread, one where someone thinks we are trying to hide a thread and its view count (when that is both obviously not true and not even possible), and one with 1mirg who was just telling people that Anita is writing and helping with the making of Ghostbusters 3 because he doesn't know how twitter works.

hmmm

Is this intentional?

1mirg who was just telling people that Anita is writing and helping with the making of Ghostbusters 3 because he doesn't know how twitter works.

Damn!

DAAAAAMN.gif

I'll just rehash what I said in another thread.

Joe won't say anything (as he said, he doesn't know much, and I won't blame him for not wanting to know) because he doesn't want to take sides. His best course of action is playing the neutral party. He takes a side or a certain stance and boom. He just made an enemy out of the SJWs that'll some how shut him down, or he just made an enemy out of the unfavorable part of the gamer community and they'll post hentai all over of the forums.

Either way, he's better off not touching it. If he does, he'll probably state his opinion in the most neutral way possible. Like he did with Anita in his Top 10 controversies.

Speaking of which, I'm still waiting on a darn Tera clan, Joe. Thought you liked Tera!

stumble_meme_vol1.png

Did you actually happen to back out of this topic and look at the views? It's currently at 794 views and nothing was done on our end... Can we get a sorry?

GJyRbfY.gifymOtVHi.gif

No you cant, but you can give me a sorry, read below

I'm in a gamersgate thread, one where someone thinks we are trying to hide a thread and its view count (when that is both obviously not true and not even possible), and one with 1mirg who was just telling people that Anita is writing and helping with the making of Ghostbusters 3 because he doesn't know how twitter works.

First off i did not intend to say that anyone was covering anything up, perhapes i should of said "is this some intentional mechanisim placed in the forums for some reason im unaware of?". Since considering that vid has more views then any ive made, thats kind of impossible. There seems  to be an error in the forum not a mod, you see if you would of taken 5 mins to investigate the first time i asked you would of found it, insted of well, showing your true colors  with "Now I know that you guys like your poorly thought out conspiracy theories but since I always enjoyed research and actual evidence, here" 

the evidence, pictures taken today and on the day i made the post are in the following link. Advice for the future: insted of posting things like what you posted, perhaps contact me directly if you felt offended, i think my history in the AJSA kinda proves who i am and how i operate and saying things with no proof ryme or reason isint my modus operandi

" https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxeCZWLoFWz9NzdrekhzSDRtS1E&usp=sharing

Damn!

DAAAAAMN.gif

Joe won't say anything (as he said, he doesn't know much, and I won't blame him for not wanting to know) because he doesn't want to take sides. His best course of action is playing the neutral party. He takes a side or a certain stance and boom. He just made an enemy out of the SJWs that'll some how shut him down, or he just made an enemy out of the unfavorable part of the gamer community and they'll post hentai all over of the forums.

Either way, he's better off not touching it. If he does, he'll probably state his opinion in the most neutral way possible. Like he did with Anita in his Top 10 controversies.

Speaking of which, I'm still waiting on a darn Tera clan, Joe. Thought you liked Tera!

Thats unacceptable to me, as its more politics then actually caring about gaming. totalbiscuit has taken a side. And quiet frankly, if you watch the video his initial stance is not "neutral". He then backpedals of course. Thing is, i believe in my own personal opinion that joe is not some politician or is not in it souly for cash and fame, hes a leader in the gaming community, we trust him, to reduce #GamerGate to a simple controversy and to be politically correct to not get anyone mad is, to me, to betray that trust. He does not have to support, or go against. I would just like to hear his thoughts, I dont agree with a lot of things that are being assosiated with #GG, look at my feminism vid for proof.  This isint a little boo boo, its a huge debacle. To me, hes got a moral responsibility. I said all this in more detail and better presented in the video. 

In which case, I can see why you said what you did. Thank you for clearing that up.

I agree that Joe shouldn't be obligated to talk about it if he doesn't want to. It'll probably be in his controversies list which is enough.

Thats unacceptable to me, as its more politics then actually caring about gaming. totalbiscuit has taken a side. And quiet frankly, if you watch the video his initial stance is not "neutral". He then backpedals of course. Thing is, i believe in my own personal opinion that joe is not some politician or is not in it souly for cash and fame, hes a leader in the gaming community, we trust him, to reduce #GamerGate to a simple controversy and to be politically correct to not get anyone mad is, to me, to betray that trust. He does not have to support, or go against. I would just like to hear his thoughts, I dont agree with a lot of things that are being assosiated with #GG, look at my feminism vid for proof.  This isint a little boo boo, its a huge debacle. To me, hes got a moral responsibility. I said all this in more detail and better presented in the video. 

The thing is that many people out there do want him to take a hard stance for one side or the other. Totalbiscuit is at least more of a pundit and speaks on topics like this quite frequently. The price of neutrality is a high one, ask Geralt. It's not easy and I frankly don't blame him. Nor do I believe he has a moral obligation in this situation; he's an unrelated third party who doesn't typically cover news stories.

He didn't touch on the Anita Sarkeesian thing outside of his controversies video. I could be wrong but I don't recall Angry Joe talking about the Watchdogs graphical controversy at length either. Granted GamerGate is a bigger deal, so I don't think it's ridiculous to politely ask Angry Joe to talk about it, just maybe not to expect it.

Sol Omega and Puntosmx like this

In which case, I can see why you said what you did. Thank you for clearing that up.

I agree that Joe shouldn't be obligated to talk about it if he doesn't want to. It'll probably be in his controversies list which is enough.

The thing is that many people out there do want him to take a hard stance for one side or the other. Totalbiscuit is at least more of a pundit and speaks on topics like this quite frequently. The price of neutrality is a high one, ask Geralt. It's not easy and I frankly don't blame him. Nor do I believe he has a moral obligation in this situation; he's an unrelated third party who doesn't typically cover news stories. He didn't touch on the Anita Sarkeesian thing outside of his controversies video. I could be wrong but I don't recall Angry Joe talking about the Watchdogs controversy at length either. Granted GamerGate is a bigger deal, so I don't think it's ridiculous to ask Angry Joe to talk about it, just maybe not to expect it.

I expressed how i believe this sort of sentiment is not accurate in my video. in a shorter format: this is not "outside news" this is gaming news, more important then the Xbox1 controversy (which he covered extensively in real time) the tomb raider, the bayoneta, etc controversies, the YOUTUBE CONTROVERSIES, hell, this idea that "hes just a reviewer this is outside his jurisdiction" is simply false and needs to be accepted as such. Hell, he made a Gaming community, hes not just a guy who does reviews anymore.  does this mean he HAS TO cover this? no, it does not, but its very much understandable why he is expected to. IMO he should, at the very least give full disclosure as to WHY he refuses to cover it, and if you look at my video, he does not seem very "neutral" in his initial tweets. With great power comes great responsibility, and there is a fine line between neutrality and pure silence, silence give those who want to silence the movement credibility. And giving your opinion is never a bad thing, i agree and disagree with #GG, there is no "two sides" to this. For all this and more, i strongly belive he has a moral obligation to lead the gaming community with his voice, he is one of the few with a megaphone, it is a slap in the face to those of us who dont have one to refuse to use it. 

Also, for a reviewer, we all seem to forget when he "indirectly" sent the angry army after a youtuber who had what he perceived an offensive video. He has power and knows how to use it

@Variloh  Honestly dude I don't see why you need another person's opinion to feel as though things are alright in the neighborhood. If he doesn't want to talk about the bullshit, then he doesn't want to talk about it. I think it's pretty damn obvious the guy knows and has heard about it already. However if he feels whatever he's feels as to why he hasn't said anything yet is entirely up to him. All you're doing is stirring up bullshit, and being a gossiping hen. Are you doing all this bullshit for the views? Also if you were trying to get that YouTube video of yours views by posting that here, then you posted in the wrong forum. This ridiculous post of yours in which you posted that long winded video should be in Community Content, not here.

@Variloh  Honestly dude I don't see why you need another person's opinion to feel as though things are alright in the neighborhood. If he doesn't want to talk about the bullshit, then he doesn't want to talk about it. I think it's pretty damn obvious the guy knows and has heard about it already. However if he feels whatever he's feels as to why he hasn't said anything yet is entirely up to him. All you're doing is stirring up bullshit, and being a gossiping hen. Are you doing all this bullshit for the views? Also if you were trying to get that YouTube video of yours views by posting that here, then you posted in the wrong forum. This ridiculous post of yours in which you posted that long winded video should be in Community Content, not here.

At this point, id suggest you think your posts through. Im clearly not here to get views, my posts have proven this as well as my body of work in the AJSA. You are free to believe as you wish and we can debate why you belive what you believe regarding joe commenting on #GamerGate civilly, as recovery and me were doing. Im going to do this, once so listen up.:

At this point you comments have turned into attacks and i feel you are crossing the line into disrespect. At the suggestion of another mod i will address you civily. 

Your first accusation, i addressed in the previous post (which you ignored, since it has this little thing called "evidence") . that was your first mistake.

Secondly, regarding this : Are you doing all this bullshit for the views? Also if you were trying to get that YouTube video of yours views by posting that here, then you posted in the wrong forum. This ridiculous post of yours in which you posted that long winded video should be in Community Content, not here.

My original post, the last half reads as follows:

The forum has been made with two purposes:

1- To get this video to Joe

2- For anyone who wants to chime in on the message to freely do so. 

a) I originally posted this in the "General Description" in a new form post, this forum, as reads the description is ment to "discuss anything and everything". 

B) this forum is ment to create discusion regarding #GamerGate and Joe, as the debate initially started. A mod deleted my forum and put this post in a preexsisting forum, were debate went fine, until you and legolas took what i said badly, and insted of doing you job, you mocked me and asked for an apology.

and this: "All you're doing is stirring up bullshit" i would thank you to address me respectfully.  if you disagree with my views i will gladly debate you.

For all this Mr Redjakk, i ask you to apologize to me, unless mods are above the rules?