• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SirSeaBiscuit

Dragon Age: Inquisition 1080p PS4 900p Xbox One...

12 posts in this topic

Confirmed: #DAI resolution is 1080p on PS4, and 900p on Xbox One. We maximized the current potential of each platform.

1,411 RETWEETS 1,094 FAVORITESoh boy. Here we go again.

My input: Don't know why for any console 1080p is not achievable. The PS3 could *rarely* put out 1080p. And it's been a thing since then. I dunno I just can't understand why these consoles can't do it. I feel releasing the consoles a year later (this year) would have been perfect.

Guess we'll have to wait another 3 next gens, maybe then we could all combine into one massive console that supports at least 1079P.

Guess we'll have to wait another 3 next gens, maybe then we could all combine into one massive console that supports at least 1079P.

"one massive console that supports at least 1079P." aka a PC. #greatbanter

Walrus likes this

They can't do it because the GPUs are too weak (slower than a 4 year old discrete GPU) fun fact hitting 1920x1080 isn't even difficult, the problem is they extended the lifespan of the last gen consoles waaaayyy too long and had to keep upping the eye candy to impress, and that came at the price of performance (FPS/Resolution) and in doing so got their audience hooked on a level of graphical fidelity they couldn't reasonable sustain or build off of, they can do 60 FPS 1920x1080 just fine but they'd need to dial that eye candy down a bit... Which would turn off the buyers because of their willingness to push the old consoles unreasonably far. 

You're all playing on TV's from meters away and it's all being upscaled anyway. In a control test side by side with each console hidden you wouldn't be able to consistently point out which is which.

Resolution on a console doesn't matter, why this stupid resolution trend started in the first place I will never know. It's honestly getting so annoying that I may just completely offload my entire console arsenal and solely go back to PC, annoying as shit...

likes this

Resolution on a console doesn't matter, why this stupid resolution trend started in the first place I will never know. It's honestly getting so annoying that I may just completely offload my entire console arsenal and solely go back to PC, annoying as shit...

It's the new 32-Bit vs 16-Bit or Blast Processing vs FX Chip of the new generation. Sell more of your consoles and let others know that the other guy can't do as well. In other words, Marketing and Competition.

Remember Kids, Sega Does what Nintendont!

SirSeaBiscuit likes this

It really warms my heart to see people ignoring all that trivial stuff like gameplay, design, value and story and are focusing on what's most important, fame rate and resolution.

It really warms my heart to see people ignoring all that trivial stuff like gameplay, design, value and story and are focusing on what's most important, fame rate and resolution.

Both of those things effect gameplay, design, and can tell how in/competent the developer/publisher is, even more so in a case where they are obviously lying to their customers.

Apex Spartan likes this

Both of those things effect gameplay, design, and can tell how in/competent the developer/publisher is.

I respectfully disagree. Resolution may affect the sharpness and definition of the edges and textures of something, not what that something actually looks like and 30fps is still well beyond how fast the the human mind can define separate images, so that visual interface isn't going to slow your actions.

This frame rate and resolution stuff is as pointless and detrimental to the game-play experience at the "Bit Wars" from back in the day, but even back then gamers heads were screwed on more tightly.

For example, if a game released tomorrow with a launch frame rate of 18fps, there would be chaos and blood-spilling carnage, but that's exactly how fast The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time ran at and that doesn't stop people even today enjoying the game and hailing it as one of the greatest video games ever made.

Don't get me wrong, better performance is something that is important to strive for and demand, but people get way to worked up over this. All these arguments provide is a piss-poor excuse for trolls to have a dig a certain platform or game and not much else.

EDIT: Given the post I quoted was edited, I'll make an addition.

The additional text added suggests that game developers and publishers are lying about frames rates and resolution of their games. This whole topic started because of a developer being HONEST about it then making excuses. That may or may not be more noble, but either way that statement makes no sense.

Those excuses, being valid or not, are not the point. The gaming community is so unnecessarily obsessed with this fame rate/resolution stuff that there's no way a publisher/developer would get away with lying about it, and that's exactly why this controversy over this shit stated in the first place, with dev's TELLING THE TRUTH about fame rates and resolution. I still insist that the visual differences are so negligible that any normal person wouldn't notice, but because of accessible technology, readily available know-how and not to mention social networking they would be discovered immediately.

The controversy didn't start with dev's lying over this stuff,  it was dev's telling the truth then having justify it then the fanboys using this info as ammo to target the last people they should, fellow gamers.

I don't listen blindly to dev's tell us, but when they admit something that the most stupid, yet sadly most listened to part community would consider detrimental to their game 

Last game I complained bitterly about was due to the story.

Interesting enough, in that thread people were kind enough to urge me to overlook the story and enjoy the gameplay ^_^

The truth is..... technology has been evolving, and we would kindly like the game consoles to evolve with it.

I respectfully disagree. Resolution may affect the sharpness and definition of the edges and textures of something, not what that something actually looks like and 30fps is still well beyond how fast the the human mind can define separate images, so that visual interface isn't going to slow your actions.

I disagree with you..... light hits our eyes at an abismally higher framerate and with a definition bordering the nanometers.

Upping the TV to 1080p @60 Hz is not really asking much.

This frame rate and resolution stuff is as pointless and detrimental to the game-play experience at the "Bit Wars" from back in the day, but even back then gamers heads were screwed on more tightly.

Could you elaborate?

For afaik, the bit wars pushed engineers to develop better graphical and sound systems, which have continuously evolved into the current audiovisual technology that allows animation studios to produce jewels like Kung Fu.

So, I'd love to read your opinion on why it's bad.

Don't get me wrong, better performance is something that is important to strive for and demand, but people get way to worked up over this. All these arguments provide is a piss-poor excuse for trolls to have a dig a certain platform or game and not much else.

Haters will hate and trolls will live under their bridges.

Every "console war" will have its extremists pointing at failures (real or imagined) from "the enemy".

So, don't feed the trolls and better listen to the moderates in both sides. The game will look a little better in PS4 than in Xbone. That's it. The important part is that players enjoy the game without being lied by the console builders or by devs launching games equally capped "to avoid controversy" (which was unsuccessful anyway).

The additional text added suggests that game developers and publishers are lying about frames rates and resolution of their games. This whole topic started because of a developer being HONEST about it then making excuses. That may or may not be more noble, but either way that statement makes no sense.

Those excuses, being valid or not, are not the point. The gaming community is so unnecessarily obsessed with this fame rate/resolution stuff that there's no way a publisher/developer would get away with lying about it, and that's exactly why this controversy over this shit stated in the first place, with dev's TELLING THE TRUTH about fame rates and resolution. I still insist that the visual differences are so negligible that any normal person wouldn't notice, but because of accessible technology, readily available know-how and not to mention social networking they would be discovered immediately.

The controversy didn't start with dev's lying over this stuff,  it was dev's telling the truth then having justify it then the fanboys using this info as ammo to target the last people they should, fellow gamers.

So, you'd rather have the devs and publishers hide the truth so that the truth is never known?

You even accept that they'd be caught by players anyway, so hiding the numbers would do them no good.

Devs and publishers have lied... the source, reason and nature of those lies is too diverse, which makes it a hard issue to unravel.

A company releasing games with lower definition or framerates "for aesthetics" is a lie to hide inadequate optimizations for the game.

Maybe it's not the company that's relasing this game.... but well, we can vent a little when talking about it ;)

I don't listen blindly to dev's tell us, but when they admit something that the most stupid, yet sadly most listened to part community would consider detrimental to their game 

....... I get the impression that this is an incomplete thought.

What happens when the devs admit something?

Though, I'd think that when a dev "admits" something, it's because they've tried to hide some fact or lie about something.

If they disclosed the information before getting caught, then it's not admiting anything, but disclosing information.

Consoles won't support next-gen graphics at 1080p and 60fps because they're sold at a loss. It costs more to produce a console than what people will pay (usually). Therefore, next gen won't support next gen settings. Their manufactures are trying to be just "good enough" so they can be sold at a reasonable price for the consumer and the manufacturer and reduce losses for the latter. 

Consoles mean losses for the manufacturer and reduced value for the consumer.

My input: Don't know why for any console 1080p is not achievable. The PS3 could *rarely* put out 1080p. And it's been a thing since then. I dunno I just can't understand why these consoles can't do it. I feel releasing the consoles a year later (this year) would have been perfect.

I guess neither company wanted the other to get the console jump on them. Releasing best not first seems the best strategy.

I'm pleased that BioWare are doing the best they can for each platform. I'll be at 900p on Xbox One and that's fine.