• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Pope

Wii U reviews

22 posts in this topic

So Joe, I've got to ask, what's with the lack of Wii U reviews?

I can get if you're not into Mario-type games, but I respect your opinion, and it'd be cool to hear your thoughts on Nintendo's games when you mostly stick to the other three main dogs of PS4, Xbox One and PC. It might not be too kosher to review the upcoming games, but Bayonetta 2's coming out on the console soon. I recall you liking the original game, and being pissed about it being a Wii U exclusive (though the only reason it even exists is because Nintendo funded it), so why not get the console to play it? It even includes the original game, so the excuse that Nintendo faithfuls have never played the original game doesn't fly anymore. Plus Smash is coming out November 21st, and it'd be awesome to hear your thoughts on it since you're such a big fighter.

I'd also love to see 3DS reviews, especially seeing how you love XCOM so much, Fire Emblem would be right up your ally. But for now, it'd be awesome to hear your opinion on some Wii U games.

I'd love to see him review stuff like "Wonderful 101", "Smash Brothers" and "Bayonetta 2". But as he said before, there aren't enough games on the WiiU that interest him enough to get the system. He was quite angry when they announced that "Bayonetta 2" was going to be exclusive to the platform, so it's obvious that he wants to play it. Reviewing (and now Streaming) games is his job, this is true, but it's still not feasible to get a system just for one game. But getting a system just for one game is just not feasible.

Add to that the fact that adding another platform to review games on would affect his scheduling even more. In October alone, he has had to skip "Shadows of Mordor" and review both "Borderlands the Pre-Sequel" and "Evil Within" (which I think "Evil Within" may be skipped) at the same time. "Civilization Beyond Earth" is most probably next, also "Sunset Overdrive" and I think it comes out near or at the same time those two "Bayonetta 2" would come out. His schedule is already pretty hectic with just three platforms alone. He finishes the games before he makes the review, and not all games are just four to eight our completions. Adding a fourth platform would be pushing it for him.

The big problem with the Wii U for someone like Joe who earns his living by reviewing and streaming content is that Nintendo can be a difficult to deal with.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/27/5754560/nintendo-youtube-affiliate-program

Read the article for more details but basically it sums up like this.  For Joe to monetise any content for the Wii U without getting any flags he has to become an affiliate of Nintendo splitting the revenue with them and not Polaris that he is currently partnered with.

So realistically he would have make a whole separate channel for Nintendo content which would not only be a pain in the ass but would really piss of Polaris who he's been with for years.  This is why YouTubers even among major networks like IGN so rarely cover Wii U, this bullshit along with the fact that not many people have one just makes it not worth doing.

So realistically he would have make a whole separate channel for Nintendo content which would not only be a pain in the ass but would really piss of Polaris who he's been with for years.  This is why YouTubers even among major networks like IGN so rarely cover Wii U, this bullshit along with the fact that not many people have one just makes it not worth doing.

I thought it was Polaris that sent him on that Game Jam thing early this year. Why would it piss them off if he hasn't been with them for years?

Yeah that's also a factor for Wii U reviews. How much of a split would Nintendo even ask for? I think both Nintendo and Sega are claim happy as far as Youtube Videos go. Making Wii U reviews is unfortunately not that worth it in the long run, which is very unfortunate.

I would love to see Joe do Wii U reviews but he has said multiple times he doesn't want to get the Wii U.

I remember Joe making an Angry Rant video about Bayonetta 2 being exclusive. In it he also explained why he didn't want a Wii U. I was trying to search for it, but either he took it down himself, or it got copy-write claimed.

This is the closest thing I could find for it:

http://youtu.be/54s_jyjMUxY?t=8m43s

He doesn't go into details about why he doesn't in this video, but I think he did in the original.

i don't think joe is the kind of gamer who likes almost anything nintendo related.

i'm not judging or assuming, but i would have thought he believes what so many others believe - that nintendo is a sinking ship and all the bad hype about the wii U.

except that's far from the truth. the wii U itself is a brilliant console. the financials it makes nintendo are low because of the bad hype - people listen to it and avoid it. but all the people who didn't care and got one anyway, seem to love the thing.

joe just strikes me as a core PC and high end console gamer. games to the likes of nintendo IPs he is probably not really interested in.

but some of us are mixed or the polar opposite. you got gamers who game on PC, and nintendo. on PC only, or on nintendo only. gamers that game on an xbox one / PS4 and a PC that ALSO like nintendo consoles? there's some but they appear to be very rare. most people tend to find reasons to not play on nintendo consoles when they already have another console and a PC. i think Joe is that kind of gamer.

i don't think joe is the kind of gamer who likes almost anything nintendo related.

i'm not judging or assuming, but i would have thought he believes what so many others believe - that nintendo is a sinking ship and all the bad hype about the wii U.

except that's far from the truth. the wii U itself is a brilliant console. the financials it makes nintendo are low because of the bad hype - people listen to it and avoid it. but all the people who didn't care and got one anyway, seem to love the thing.

I wouldn't say it's bad hype, but that people tend to think Kiddie games when it comes to Nintendo. I doubt that's what Joe thinks, but a lot of people still think that about the Wii U.

Given joe seems to be buddies with projared, who spends lots of his time on nintendo consoles, I imagine he respects the systems but just isnt fovering them for various possible reasons.

That said i fall into the pc,xbox,ps catagory, and yeah, i didnt ger a nintendo console since the snes. However i keep getting their handhelds, i love em. As for the wii, i was going to get that too but dolphin wii is near flawless, and its legal provided you own the games you play.

And of course there's Nintendo's Youtube policies:

The big problem with the Wii U for someone like Joe who earns his living by reviewing and streaming content is that Nintendo can be a difficult to deal with.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/27/5754560/nintendo-youtube-affiliate-program

Read the article for more details but basically it sums up like this.  For Joe to monetise any content for the Wii U without getting any flags he has to become an affiliate of Nintendo splitting the revenue with them and not Polaris that he is currently partnered with.

There's the proof our wise and noble crab was correct.

Crazycrab likes this

Nintendo does these kind of things for one thing: Money.

Nintendo does these kind of things for one thing: Money.

hjNdG1q.jpg

Nymphonomicon likes this

Yeah don't think we will be seeing a Nintendo review even now that Joe has a Wii U if Nintendo doesn't stop their youtube shenanigans.

I added an Angry Joe Mii to my Tomodachi island... and gave him a Wii U.

Unfortunately, he can't do the review about Wii U games such as Super Smash Bros (Wii U), Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, The Legend of Zelda (Wii U) and the other games from Wii U published by Nintendo due to blockade the monetize on YouTube including Angry Joe. I assumed Angry Joe can't buy Bayonetta 2 unless Nintendo must be approved to lift the blockade on monetize in YouTube.

A good company like Nintendo liked to flag someone's videos while a bad company like EA and Ubisoft didn't care about flagging someone's videos. This logic is pure shit. The thing that Nintendo always flagged their videos even it was just a minute clip because Nintendo liked to protect their intelectual property without losing a lot of money from their games that they sold. It's not like that Japanese companies always flagged their videos to prevent non-Japanese users to upload a fanmade videos to show their English translations and recommending it to those people to debate (Japanese version is better than American version, etc) and put AMVs on it. Remember what happened to TeamFourStar that Toei flagged their Dragon Ball Z Abridged videos?

Fucking knew it!

Joe should simply avoid any and all Nintendo related material because of this bullshit on Youtube. Greedy fuckers.

Sad thing is that people crap all over EA and Ubisoft and Activision and all them when they do something like this, but NIntendo gets a free pass and can do no wrong because they're Nintendo. Logic