• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

AnimeAddict

Submission for Gaming Controversies for 2014

80 posts in this topic

Honestly I have to get this out there i believe that Rockstars blatant lie about GTA V Heists should be on the 2014 Controversy video(assuming they dont do it by the end of the year which i doubt)

Maybe. But if it doesn't come out in 2014, I'm sure they'll give a very good explanation. 

Maybe. But if it doesn't come out in 2014, I'm sure they'll give a very good explanation. 

all they have been saying for the last year is "Coming Soon" and " We are working as hard as we can to deliver the best experience possible"

THAT DOESNT TAKE A YEAR  and even if it did they shud be able to at least give us a rough release date  as to when they expect to finish ... assuming they are even working on them

all they have been saying for the last year is "Coming Soon" and " We are working as hard as we can to deliver the best experience possible"

THAT DOESNT TAKE A YEAR  and even if it did they shud be able to at least give us a rough release date  as to when they expect to finish ... assuming they are even working on them

Yeah, not saying they have given a detailed explanation yet. But I hope they will.

I agree, they should give more details.

#Gamersgate, Anita Sarkeesian leaving her house after she got threaten by the gamers, people threatening Angry Joe for not giving reviews, Ubisoft lied about Watchdogs' graphics downgrade, GTA Online's bank heist being delayed, and Jewwario's death.

CommanderCartman likes this

That last one doesn't seem like something that warrants talking about. GamerGate is a talking point that definitely needs to be addressed, at least in the top controversies if nothing else. As for the threats due to lack of review, I don't know. Seems like potential feeding the trolls territory.

#Gamersgate, Anita Sarkeesian leaving her house after she got threaten by the gamers, people threatening Angry Joe for not giving reviews, Ubisoft lied about Watchdogs' graphics downgrade, GTA Online's bank heist being delayed, and Jewwario's death.

Joe getting death threats isn't exactly a controversy. It's people being entitled dicks, which is an every day occurrence.

Jewwario's depression and eventual suicide may also not be considered a controversy. It's definitely a tragedy, but the death of a Youtuber because of depression isn't a controversy.

I'm thinking the "Shadows of Mordor" Review Contract is going to make the list.

It wasn't like the game needed it. Most of the people who played the game liked it anyway. The Youtube Reviewers would've most likely asked their viewers to buy it too.

But heck, just read it and say this isn't some shady business:

“Maximize awareness for the Shadow of Mordor video game during the ‘Week of Vengeance’ through gameplay content, keybrand messaging, and information and and talent usage on Twitch channels. Persuade viewers to purchase game, catch the attention of casual and core gamers who already know and love Middle-earth.”

“Requirements involve 1 livestream, 1 YouTube video, and 1 Facebook post/tweet in support of the videos. Videos will have a strong verbal call to action, a clickable link in the description box for the viewer to go to the game’s website to learn more about the game to learn how to register and play the game. Twitch stream videos will have 5 calls to action. Videos will be of sufficient length to feature gameplay and build excitement.”

“Videos will promote positive sentiment about the game. Videos must not show bugs or glitches that may exist. Videos must include discussion of the story of the game (do NOT mention Lord of the Rings or Hobbit movies, characters, or books). “

“Videos must include discussion of the Nemesis System. This really should take up the bulk of the focus, such as how different the orcs are, how vivid their personality and dialogue are, gathering intel and domination abilities, exploiting their strengths and weaknesses. Videos must include discussion of the action and combat that takes place within the game, such as brutal finishers, execution moves, and wraith powers. The company has final approval on the YouTube video…at least 48 hours before any video goes live.”

Source: http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/10/shadow-of-mordor-shady-brand-deal/

DestinyDecade likes this

I'm thinking the "Shadows of Mordor" Review Contract is going to make the list.

It wasn't like the game needed it. Most of the people who played the game liked it anyway. The Youtube Reviewers would've most likely asked their viewers to buy it too.

But heck, just read it and say this isn't some shady business:

Source: http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/10/shadow-of-mordor-shady-brand-deal/

That should TOTALLY be on the list. In my opinion, why would a company do that? It's dumb and if it happened to me, I would flat out refuse.

There's a new controversy going on in developer's point of view, much like Day One: Garry's Incident Incident , a developer sending out death threats to Gabe Newell (an equivalent of TotalBiscuit from that controversy) of not changing his game, Paranautical Activity from Early Access to a Full Game and the game was completely removed on Steam as a result.

There's a new controversy going on in developer's point of view, much like Day One: Garry's Incident Incident , a developer sending out death threats to Gabe Newell (an equivalent of TotalBiscuit from that controversy) of not changing his game, Paranautical Activity from Early Access to a Full Game and the game was completely removed on Steam as a result.

It didn't affect much of anyone and it was resolved pretty quickly with Gabe removing the game from Steam. If it makes the list, it will probably be number 10 or 9.

yeah got to disagree with the first 2.

#GamerGate (no s) is not a controversy, its not even a movement anyomre, its a subculture in it of itself. but besides this, the reason i disagree with this being on the list is twofold:

1-  I would dislike seeing joe talk about something he is clearly biased about, and this may be just that. if its not, it would do the movement a diservice to sum it up in 5,10,15,20 mins by someone who has openly admitted to not really be paying atention to it.

2- Your second entry. Her "Death Threats" (AS) have been vastly overblown and in some occasions, like the utah university one, have been completely discredited, not by GG but by the authorities. Not only that, putting her back on the list, again, would inherently be about GG, and blame would be placed on GG. 

1-  I would dislike seeing joe talk about something he is clearly biased about, and this may be just that. if its not, it would do the movement a diservice to sum it up in 5,10,15,20 mins by someone who has openly admitted to not really be paying atention to it.

I just want to point out that the beginning of GG was still quite controversial, and can't be ignored. It's great that it has evolved into something more, but we can't just forget how it all started. The Anti-GG side is also keeping it controversial by skewing the subject to fit their needs.

It will still make the list, and most likely take the top spot despite what has happened. The real question is, how will Joe present the topic when he talks about it in the video.

I just want to point out that the beginning of GG was still quite controversial, and can't be ignored. It's great that it has evolved into something more, but we can't just forget how it all started. The Anti-GG side is also keeping it controversial by skewing the subject to fit their needs.

It will still make the list, and most likely take the top spot despite what has happened. The real question is, how will Joe present the topic when he talks about it in the video.

his latest tweets and other evidence that is under our noses hints at how he will cover it. I strongly disagree the begging of GG was controversial. IF you are referring to the Quinspiracy, i still disagree. 

his latest tweets and other evidence that is under our noses hints at how he will cover it. I strongly disagree the begging of GG was controversial. IF you are referring to the Quinspiracy, i still disagree. 

Finding out that developers and game journalists are colluding with each other and trying to expose it, which in turn led to said journalists trying to cover it up was quite the controversy. Also, considering how they're still trying to cover the issue up behind the misogyny and sexist BS it's a pretty big one. Add to that how a lot of people are unfortunately believing their side of it, not to mention how a lot of sites are banning the discussion of it, makes it even more controversial.

Finding out that developers and game journalists are colluding with each other and trying to expose it, which in turn led to said journalists trying to cover it up was quite the controversy. Also, considering how they're still trying to cover the issue up behind the misogyny and sexist BS it's a pretty big one. Add to that how a lot of people are unfortunately believing their side of it, not to mention how a lot of sites are banning the discussion of it, makes it even more controversial.

Being "controversial" does not make you a controversy. I can be a controversial person for example. What im saying is that to reduce it to a simple controversy does it a disservice. Its a movement. Is it surrounded by many controversies? you can argue it is. But every single thing you mentioned is a controversy in of itself. They are obviously linked to #GamerGate but that does not make GG a simple controversy. it doesnt even make it the mother of controversies. 

Being "controversial" does not make you a controversy. I can be a controversial person for example. What im saying is that to reduce it to a simple controversy does it a disservice. Its a movement. Is it surrounded by many controversies? you can argue it is. But every single thing you mentioned is a controversy in of itself. They are obviously linked to #GamerGate but that does not make GG a simple controversy. it doesnt even make it the mother of controversies. 

Finding out about the collusion between game makers and gaming journalists is a controversy in and of itself, which led to GG. Controversy continues when they try to hide it with the Sexist / Misogyny smokescreen. The fact that its been months and it's still a hot and heated topic makes it pretty big. Even if GG has turned into a community, the topic is still quite controversial, and GG Supporters are still asking for stricter Guidelines for Gaming Journalism Ethics.

These Controversies are what cause GG supporters to say "Enough! We're not taking it anymore." It's what they're fighting to change. Which is then being covered up by the Game Journalists saying GG is about something else; which unfortunately, a lot of people who don't know much about GG believe. Hence making it an even bigger controversy.

No matter what GG is now, you cannot discount how it started.

Lastly:

con·tro·ver·sy noun \ˈkän-trə-ˌvər-sē, British also kən-ˈträ-vər-sē\

: argument that involves many people who strongly disagree about something : strong disagreement about something among a large group of people

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/controversy

The disagreement between what the true reason behind GG is between those who support it and those who are against it make it one by definition. Not to mention how unfortunate it is that not even all gamers are pro-GG. There are gamers who actually believe the anti-GG'ers say that it's all about sexism and whatever lies they say. You also can't say that people on both sides of GG having their private information made public isn't controversial either, no matter who the culprits are.

As for how big of a controversy it is, well, we already know that nothing is going to be the same as far as gaming journalism goes. The effects of what has happened are pretty big to the point of making a new sub-culture. Even if it isn't a controversy (which as I've proven that it is), it's still a big event in gaming no matter how you look at it.

---

Boogie made a video about Online Harassment that pretty much says why I don't think Joe getting Death Threats is a controversy:

---

Has anyone mentioned the failed Game Jam that Joe was supposed to be a part of earlier this year? I'm sure that's going to make the list too.

@Jitterdommer. A more complex one, Assassins Creed V Unity GTX 680 MINIMUM/ i7 AS THE MINIMUM SPECS FOR THE GAME ON PC WITH 8 GB RAM!

Jitterdoomer likes this

Not to mention, Sims 4 not getting Toddlers and Swimming Pools in the game.

CommanderCartman likes this

That's bad business practice, not a controversy. That would be like saying Beyond Earth is just Civilization 5 in Space with less features is a controversy, or how Ride to Hell Retribution being a bad game is a controversy. They aren't controversies. Now, if EA said it was included, but turns out you had to buy it as separate DLC, it would be a controversy. But they were forthcoming with it and outright said that they weren't in the game.

Now compare that to Destiny, where the developers said one thing, and the game that came out was completely different. Add to that how DLC areas were accessible already, proving that they're already on the disc. Not to mention the evidence that the original plan for the game is completely different from the final game.

Youtube's Copy-write Policy Change, now that's a controversy. Something that affected a lot of people, and there was a scare that the same thing would happen to Twitch too.

HAHAHAHA Dont also forget that there is no ghosts or cars in the game!

I will be making a follow up vid to joe regarding controversies on my channel www.youtube.com/variloh dont miss it ;)

Oh yes. I have another controversial about Shuhei Yoshida the President of Sony got banned by Nintendo on Miiverse an two times back in April 2014.

He said

“The first time was because I had my Twitter account in my profile and that’s against the rules. The second time is because I wrote, ‘I love PS.’ You’re not supposed to promote a commercial product in MiiVerse, so they correctly interpreted ‘PS’ as ‘PlayStation.”

Man, without president of Sony, how Sony is going to support Nintendo? Many 3rd party studio will moved to PlayStation and well as Xbox just like Infinity Ward when Jason West and Vince Zampella were got fired and many employees will join new video game development studio called, "Respawn Entertainment" under Jason West and Vince Zampella (but Jason West left Respawn Entertainment and Vince Zampella were remained in Respawn Entertainment). This is so stupid, but hilarious.

Sony president Shuhei Yoshida reveals he was banned from Miiverse twice

Edited by Master Chief Snake

Oh yes. I have another controversial about Shuhei Yoshida the President of Sony got banned by Nintendo on Miiverse an two times back in April 2014.

He said

Sony president Shuhei Yoshida reveals he was banned from Miiverse twice

Not a controversy: