• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

cmg666

Alien Isolation Vs. The Evil Within

Alien Isolation Vs. The Evil Within   22 members have voted

1. 1. Which game do you think is the better survival horror game?

• Alien Isolation
    • The Evil Within

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 posts in this topic

So which do you think of these two games is survival horror game of the year vote now.

Having not played The Evil Within yet, I can't really give a vote here. Alien: Isolation does a damn good job of it, though

Alien Isolation is so immersive, and as a pretty hard ALIEN fan I must say its the best  thing since the movies to happen to the franchise. Haven't picked up TEW but plan to once finishing Isolation. 

Im waiting for Ron Pearlman to jump out of a corner and scare the crap out of me.

Too bad there is not a neither option. After playing both, having beat Alien Isolation with Evil Within only a few hours in, I so far feel let down. At first I enjoyed the idea of Alien Isolation but found far too many things wrong with the game. The game was too long. When you think it ends, it keeps going. After five spots I thought the game would end, the actual ending felt hollow. 

Sadly the same is said for Evil Within. Two games both trying to capture something from the past and both failing in multiple ways. They do both look excellent, the art direction is amazing, the ambiance of both games really pull out the terror, but something is missing. I am hoping that will change in Evil Within as I get deeper into the game, I just feel at the moment, both of these games are better off at a discounted price.

Too bad there is not a neither option. After playing both, having beat Alien Isolation with Evil Within only a few hours in, I so far feel let down. At first I enjoyed the idea of Alien Isolation but found far too many things wrong with the game. The game was too long. When you think it ends, it keeps going. After five spots I thought the game would end, the actual ending felt hollow. 

So you dislike Isolation because it's too long? What!? That's what an amazing game should do, when you think it's ending, it keeps giving you more for your entertainment. If that's not your cup of tea then maybe Isolation is not a game for you but there is no doubt that Isolation is an amazing Survival Horror game and it did it right. 

Definitely Alien Isolation. It manages to scare the crap out of me and make me jumpy, and it has an excellent atmosphere based on the Alien movie.

Evil Within is too weird that it takes away the scare factor, but it's still a good game. I do manage to get a scare out of it thought. There is one enemy in the game that scares the living shit out of me, and defusing bombs are really scary because one false move and you're dead.

Definitely Alien Isolation. It manages to scare the crap out of me and make me jumpy, and it has an excellent atmosphere based on the Alien movie.

Evil Within is too weird that it takes away the scare factor, but it's still a good game. At least judging from what I see in the game playthroughs. I'm getting it primarily because I want to shoot zombies again.

The story is soo fucking confusing until half way or more for you to even understand what the hell is happening. But honestly, the Japanese version of the game's title kinda spoils it as it's called "Psycho Break". So basically the game is telling you, WITH JUST THE NAME, that the main character having a Psychological Breakdown and consciously he doesn't know it yet.

I voted Evil within.

Even though I'm a massive fan of the Aliens franchize like most of the AJSA (Hoorah)

I still prefer The Evil Within over Aliens.... I have mentioned this countless amounts of times and I said it was eventually going to affect the way I look at horror games... Stop making it impossible to defend myself. It makes it really REALLY boring.

I don't get scared by "scary" games and the fact they have made it so you can not defend yourself and you spend 90% of the game running from something just makes it boring...

As much as The Evil Within has some SERIOUS bugs in it (Trust me, I know) there is still a way to defend myself. That just makes the game alot more interesting to me due to the fact I ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING RATHER THAN JUST RUNNING!!!

The story is soo fucking confusing until half way or more for you to even understand what the hell is happening. But honestly, the Japanese version of the game's title kinda spoils it as it's called "Psycho Break". So basically the game is telling you, WITH JUST THE NAME, that the main character having a Psychological Breakdown and consciously he doesn't know it yet.

That was actually my prediction of the story. My guess is it's all in his head after he's injected with a drug that the main villain give him in the beginning of the game. But this is a japanese game, so I will expect some crazy shit to happen later. I watched DSP's playthrough of the game till chapter 2, but I want to play the game so I stop there.

I voted Evil within.

Even though I'm a massive fan of the Aliens franchize like most of the AJSA (Hoorah)

I still prefer The Evil Within over Aliens.... I have mentioned this countless amounts of times and I said it was eventually going to affect the way I look at horror games... Stop making it impossible to defend myself. It makes it really REALLY boring.

I don't get scared by "scary" games and the fact they have made it so you can not defend yourself and you spend 90% of the game running from something just makes it boring...

As much as The Evil Within has some SERIOUS bugs in it (Trust me, I know) there is still a way to defend myself. That just makes the game alot more interesting to me due to the fact I ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING RATHER THAN JUST RUNNING!!!

You must not have gotten very far into Alien Isolation. You can totally defend yourself.

You must not have gotten very far into Alien Isolation. You can totally defend yourself.

By hiding. :P

Played the Evil Within... 3/10

Horrible combat/view. Black bars that show on screen. AI dumb as shit. Lastly NOT SCARY!

I really wanted to like this game however... Just could not be done.

Aloha

Justin

I rented The Evil Within from Game Fly. It went back before it was finished. Nothing to do with combat or letter box, just story. The game's story gave me little reason to care about anything. It just kept warping me around to different locations. It's like "I'm walking through the woods. Oh, now I'm back at the asylum. Oh, now I'm in a different part of the asylum. Oh, now I'm at a church". I stopped caring.

Enjoy The Hateful Truth Review of The Evil Within by DarksydePhil.