• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

Is there any great 2014 PSVita game now?

21 posts in this topic

I just realized something. 3DS has Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright, Mario Kart and Super Smash as great games this year. What does PSVita got that's great?

Freedom Wars (not out in NA until later this year, but JPN reviews seem pretty good, but who knows)

Tales of Hearts R (out in December)

I hear that new Sword Art game is pretty legit, but haven't actually bought it yet

Soul Sacrifice Delta

Atelier Rorona Plus

Danganronpa

Nothing quite as strong as Nintendo's first party titles, but I'd go up to bat for the PSVita.

Danganrompa 1, Danganrompa 2, Tales of Hearts R (if it makes the 2014 release), and Oreshika Tainted Bloodlines (not sure if it will make 2014). It has a lot of games that are only on the Vita and PS3 or PS4, some great games like Velocity 2X and Pix The Cat. It got a lot of great games that are only on the PC and Vita.

BlazBlue Continum Shift

Uncharted:  Golden Abyss (I absolutely hated it, but different strokes for different folks I suppose)

Touch My Katamari

P4G

Disgaea 3

Disgaea 4

Muramasa Rebirth

Dragon's Crown

Freedom Wars (not out in NA until later this year, but JPN reviews seem pretty good, but who knows)

Tales of Hearts R (out in December)

Gravity Rush (fucking great can't wait for Gravity Rush 2 build on the combat a little plz ty)

Little Big Planet

Street Fighter X Tekken

Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed

I hear that new Sword Art game is pretty legit, but haven't actually bought it yet

Playstation All-Sta----pfffft (Nightmare fuel character models.......)

Soul Sacrifice

Atelier Rorona Plus

Atelier Meruru Plus

Atelier Ayesha Plus

YS

Mutant Mudds Deluxe

Danganronpa

Nothing quite as strong as Nintendo's first party titles, but I'd go up to bat for the PSVita.

I'm missing a lot of titles on here to be sure and I wouldn't argue this is the best list to showcase for the Vita, but I'm sure someone could fill in the gaps.

He did say 2014.

Null, Kaz32 and Sol Omega like this

He did say 2014.

The thread title said 2014, but his post was more general, so I wasn't too sure where to go with it.  I decided to err on the side of caution.

If you wait to 2015 you can get dancing all night >:D

No, but there are two excellent PS3 games I would highly recommend, and also have nothing to do with, aside from having played them dozens of times each. They are:

Heavy Rain

and Beyond: Two Souls

I'm waiting for PS Vita games myself... its gathering dust while I'm desperately to catch up on pokemon before the new ones come out.  I'm training pokemon from each game, maxing out their levels and then send them to the next generation game.

From the ones that I have tried, Crimsonland, Wipeout and PS All Stars are great imo.

I'm waiting for PS Vita games myself... its gathering dust while I'm desperately to catch up on pokemon before the new ones come out.  I'm training pokemon from each game, maxing out their levels and then send them to the next generation game.

From the ones that I have tried, Crimsonland, Wipeout and PS All Stars are great imo.

would you say the 3ds xl is the best way for someone, such as me, to get into nintendo stuff without the hassle and expense of buying the wii U? is the 3DS xl worth it basically?

personally, i just love donkey kong country returns. when i had a wii, that was the best platformer i ever played. in fact for me it was one of the best games i ever played. i know the 3DS has this game now, and im sure sometime later there will be another DK game or even the tropical freeze game ported over.

i used to have a vita, and because like you said, gathering dust and never being used, i sold it. and i don't regret it, but i also hate android games - they're mostly garbage, but at same time... i would like a portable console to just have bits of fun here and there and who knows... i might spend hours of happiness on it... i just can't tell if the 3DS is for me. i already was dissapointed by 1 flagship portable console, and i don't want it to happen again.

so, would you recommend it? i like DK, i have played mario before and liked it... but ahh, i dunno, everytime i go to the game store all i see is shit like pet dogs and kiddie games. that's not my thing.

For me, I have the 2DS... it was on a deal and I got it last year, except for the form factor (which wasn't much of a problem because I got the carry case for free as part of the offer), its 10/10 imo with the addition of the analogue stick.  I tend to play Pokemon (I've been playing it since Red/Yellow), Lylat Wars and Super Mario games on it.  I haven't tried many games on it because of Star Citizen and mainly Steam taking up a good chunk of my gaming budget :-3

I'm desperately to catch up on pokemon before the new ones come out.  I'm training pokemon from each game, maxing out their levels and then send them to the next generation game.

When you get to Gen 6 toss a PM my way and we'll swap Friend Safari's and trade some Mons.

I wasn't aware the Vita had any great games at all, I thought Sony was ditching this thing...

I wasn't aware the Vita had any great games at all, I thought Sony was ditching this thing...

That's what I thought, but apparently they're ramping up the big guns for next year.

Of course there are great games on the vita. Others mentioned Persona 4 Golden, a brilliant port of Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed and my personal favorite Gravity Rush that I genuinely consider to be one of the best plays I played on any platform this year.

Think it's mostly indies and stuff from Japan that are coming out for it. Western Triple A's have either slowed to a crawl or stopped altogether.

Think it's mostly indies and stuff from Japan that are coming out for it. Western Triple A's have either slowed to a crawl or stopped altogether.

Because the baka gaijin don't know how superior the Japanese culture is.

pJiToqWXkZ6VsA.jpg

I kid, but seriously. The Japanese can make some fucking good games. And it feels like some of the western Studios don't exactly... y'know... wanna take advantage of hand helds. Most games I see for 3DS and Vita are some Japanese lookin' stuff. Or silly 3rd party stuff (Duck Dynasty for 3DS).

But hey, whatever. Niche just gets nichier... *sigh*

...Then again, with GamerGate going on, I certainly don't want the SJWs to run a muck with Japanese ga- ("Bayonetta 2 is sexist," "The Sorceress' breasts are too large") NO!!!!!!

At least I still have ani- "Senketsu raped Ryoko, so Kill La Kill is rape culture."

Best-Cry-Ever.gif

Also, if Sony were really ditching the Vita, they wouldn't include games for the Instant Game Collections for it every month.

I want a 3dsxl myself, but waiting for a cheaper price, not that the price is bad but my budget isnt exactly large.

I want the xl model cuz it supposedly has the best battery life and i just have a magical aura of batteries die faster. Im power efficient in general too. I mean i turn shit off more than amyone i know, i read and follow recharge directions. Some batteries prefer to be totally dead before a charge, some prefer frequent smaller charges.

Anyway i want a 3ds for etrian odyssey, smash bros, kid icarus (i love the originL and have been waiting for something with the name for like effing 20 years), zelda (not hyrule warriors though) and others i cant recall atm.