• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
forzsaken

Halo Series Question (whats so good about it)

13 posts in this topic

I apologize if I might be offending anyone but I would like to ask, what is so special about Halo? 

I am kinda Interested in buying Halo MasterChief as:

• I dont have any halo series on my 360 even though I had planned to buy one long ago.
  • its an xbox one game
  • also its big + new maps
  • they are remastered and aniversary package which as a collector like me would love
  • beta for halo 5
  • a free tv series 

but i am kinda hesitant, I look at the gameplay and it kinda doesnt capture me.

• the map is like a ps1 game (it doesnt show much)
  • theres no weapon zoom or even if there is useless (except for sniper)
  • game is more like quake games (tho i love quake) 

well i would add more things i dont like but that would only make me look more terrible.

but I really kinda wanna like it so if anyone can help me state what makes it so good that even people from sony would want it.

that would be very helpful. thank you.

I don't know, they're just good games with a strong story line, good writing, good voice acting, atmospheric approach to everything and fun gameplay.  I mean there is really no rhyme or reason to it, they're just good games.

forzsaken likes this

I find them good because:

1: the combat is really fun with a good variety of weapons

2: visuals were good for the tome

3: story was good

4: enemy variety was decent

5: level variety was damn good

6: multiplayer was awesome

forzsaken likes this

Each weapon has a distinct feel and use. Multiplayer is focused on map location control, as power weapons are just that; powerful. Halo 4 moves away from this more than the others but the concept remains the same.

As someone who has played halo since the first game's launch, I can assure you that zoom features on all weapons are extremely useful and used. The pistol (except halo 2(3?)), the battle rifle, the covenant carbine, the DMR, these are all effective ranged weapons when zoomed.

The story and lore are matters of personal opinion but I find it extremely engaging. I love halo's plot and story more then any other aspect. 

I'm not sure what you mean by the maps being like a PS1 game. Every game has their good and bad maps, but there are -many- iconic levels in halo multiplayer. Beaver Creek, Lockout, Blood Gulch, Sidewinder, just to name a few. To this very day, the best multiplayer experience I have ever had was 4 vs 4 LAN party in Halo 1, CTF on Sidewinder. 

There is only so much we can tell you about the series and why we all love it. It might just come down to trying it for yourself. From a financial perspective is the most bang for your buck since The Orange Box.

Also an interesting read about the best level in the entire halo series:
forzsaken likes this

oh the map.. i meant the radar.. sorry for the confusion. thanks for the reply and giving me a reason.. i will be buying this then. tyvm guys ^^

oh the map.. i meant the radar.. sorry for the confusion. thanks for the reply and giving me a reason.. i will be buying this then. tyvm guys ^^

oh yea the radar is actually just a motion tracker. Staying crouched while moving will keep you hidden from other players in that regard

Also glad to have you with us on MC collection :D it goes without saying we will have many events running for it.

forzsaken likes this

To me mostly I love the lore,gameplay,and story of the Halo games. Even with Halo 4 I enjoyed it to a degree but the multiplayer didn't feel the same. Or with Halo Reach I liked how awesome the elites looked even with limited customization. But the background lore not found in the games is what interested me more kinda. Though I haven't read a Halo comic yet I have done tons of research online reading things about certain characters or factions and so on. So you say you never played Halo on Xbox before? Well looks like this is your chance for some awesome games from a great series. I hope to see you out there on the field.

thx so much guys for taking the time. and not calling me a troll. lol..

already preordered it.. good luck to my hard drive.. oh snap. AC unity + DA:I alone is big.. let alone halo MCC.. and i only have 90gb in my system.. (panic alert) guess ill have to buy an hdd as well..

wanted to buy the HALO MCC mjolnir edition cuz its the best looking steel book/case i have ever seen in my life. but its uk exclusive, sold out already and way overpriced lolz.. they knew die hard fans would get it.. shame.

thx so much guys for taking the time. and not calling me a troll. lol..

already preordered it.. good luck to my hard drive.. oh snap. AC unity + DA:I alone is big.. let alone halo MCC.. and i only have 90gb in my system.. (panic alert) guess ill have to buy an hdd as well..

wanted to buy the HALO MCC mjolnir edition cuz its the best looking steel book/case i have ever seen in my life. but its uk exclusive, sold out already and way overpriced lolz.. they knew die hard fans would get it.. shame.

I tried to get it but already was sold out ;_;

I've also been thinking of Getting the Master Chief collection(having never played a Halo game either). If I end up actually getting an Xbox One, that is. 

This will probably be at top of my Xbox One list now. 

1. The lore is fantastic, I'm no fan of master chief himself but the story and everything else going on I find enjoyable.

2. The PVP has a pretty good following. I have several friends whom are very dedicated to the multiplayer and plan to be playing mostly that when MCC comes

3. Their first. A decent amount of players on xbox had halo as one the first games they played on xbox or  360

If I had to sum it up there it is. Hopefully you enjoy it. There should be some guys here to team up with for MP and campaign. If I recall correctly they left split screening intact as well if you have anyone you physically know that wants to play.

forzsaken likes this

Thx guys! 

10456249_10203313712386014_929725593_n_z

I BOUGHT IT!!!!!!!!!!!

note: i have an extra case lol (because the cd wasnt on the frame case)

Thx guys!

10456249_10203313712386014_929725593_n_z

I BOUGHT IT!!!!!!!!!!!

note: i have an extra case lol (because the cd wasnt on the frame case)

Awesome man, I really hope you enjoy it, it's got so much to offer.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0