• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Best / worst mobile games

18 posts in this topic

Post the best/worst mobile game you know of.

By mobile games, I mean any games available on a mobile phone/tablet's app store.

I'll get started: 

~~~~~~~~~~

Call of Victory

Who could resist those menu graphics?

0d3691e470e9df556e741d70f2a8ed57.png

This game is full of ripped content from call of duty, BF2, and Tom clancy's ghosts. 
Generic audio, generic 2d gameplay with blurry background image.

e7495b3bb0e5d6ecbcefaa28d08d5e01.png

Not really sure this constitutes a game though. It seems more like a method of torture.

I always wanted to play this one.

I heard it wasn't too bad... micro-transactions are always a bummer though.

Although it makes me wish someone made a mobile game entirely about Metal Gear Rising's blade mode.

That shit would be tops.

Then there's also MLG simulator. Which is hilarious. And free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-emwnOhZt8

Mobile games suck in general, so I use an emulator instead. Which lets me play the best game on the GBA - FFTA.

Some good ones that I know of

Infinity Blade games

Game Dev Story

Broken Sword Directors Cut

Robot Unicorn Attack

Thomas Was Alone

The Walking Dead

Republique

Plants vs Zombies

Another World/Out of This World

Anomaly 2

Terraria

Shadowrun Returns

XCOM Enemy Unknown

Any of the Final Fantasy games that have been ported (even though that "updated" DS/Mobile art style is hideous)

Obsidian is making a game based on the Pathfinder Card Game that I'm interested in

Then there's also MLG simulator. Which is hilarious. And free.

OOOOOOH BABY A TRIPLE  OOOOOHHH YEAH

I played a lot of mobile games. Thankfully almost all of them I played are really good. The only one that sucks are those free to play games that forces you, and I mean forces you to buy an item for $10. Not necessarily bad games, but the practice is just terrible.

Good ones:

Infinity Blade 1 - 3. Fantastic games. I played these 25 times and I restart my progress just to do it all over again.

Republique. Basically the game uses Watch Dog's phone segment where you hack into cameras and move to different cameras.

Joe Dever's Lone Wolf. One of the best RPGs I have ever played in any console. It plays like both a book and an RPG.

Chaos Rings series & Drakerider. Great rpgs by Square Enix and it plays like a traditional turn based RPG with interesting mechanics.

Tiny Thief. Cute looking puzzle game that's quite fun.

Angry Birds RPG. Surprisingly good RPG game, and even though it's free to play, there's no paywall bullshit.

Fightback. This game is a damn good beat em up. Know the controls and you'll move and play like a fighting expert. Free to play and there's a timer, but it's short and not excessively long like other games.

Punch Quest. OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH THIS GAME IS SO DAMN AWESOME!!! I played this game 5 times already and I'm still playing it. It's also free and there's no bullshit paywall. Play all day long if you want.

Plants vs Zombies.

The Room 1 & 2. Great puzzle game.

Modern Combat series. This rips off Call of Duty, but it's more fun.

Xcom Enemy Unknown.

The World Ends With You.

Sally's Spa.

Dark Meadow. This game has a great character that constantly make jokes with you. He's equal to the narrator in the Stanley Parable. And the game's free too.

Phoenix Wright series, except Apollo Justice. Yes, even Dual Destinies is on the iPhone, and amazingly the graphics is the same as the 3DS, which means it looks fantastic. I bought this game again because it's so freaking awesome.

Ghost Trick. Excellent puzzle game with a fantastic story. Originally out for the DS but it's on the iPhone now. Same universe as the Phoenix Wright series, but no character from that is in the game. Maybe one day it'll happen.

Now all that's left is for the 999 game series to be in the iPhone.

2048. Simple puzzle game of adding numbers from 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 till you get to 2048. This game is so damn addicting, and it's quite difficult. Thankfully I beat it with a method my sister told me about.

Karateka. Straight from the PC version, it's now on the iphone, and it's just as good.

Super KO Boxing 2. A punch out clone, but a really damn good one with great animation and challenging fights.

Bar Oasis. Cocktail making simulator with an anime style graphics and a pretty good story. Oh, and excellent music.

There's a lot more that I think are great, but I'll have to check my history since 2011 for it. Check these games out. You will enjoy them.

Now it's time for the bad ones:

Any free to play games that requires you to wait 10 hours just to play the game again. Or that stops you from playing and forces you to buy an item that costs WAAAAYYYY more than a regular iPhone game.

Also any free to play games that requires you to grind heavily and beat a mission 100 times just to get enough money to fight enemies, and then 100 times again for the next. It's unfortunate that this has to happen, because some of these games are actually pretty damn good. The major offender for these games is Glu games.

1280px-Glu_logo_on_white.svg.png

Screw games that this developer made.

The mobile versions of Injustice: Gods Among Us and Batman Origins were pretty good. Magic the Gathering 2014 and 2015 also seem pretty solid. Then there's Hearthstone making its way to mobile some time later.

Hearthstone is honestly one of the only mobile game's i've ever been excited for.
Seems like one of the few mobile ports who's premise suits touch screens.

GTA on mobile is decent.

Good point. The controls are a different story though

I remember the Call of Duty zombies game on mobile being pretty good.

I remember the Call of Duty zombies game on mobile being pretty good.

Was that an official one? For some reason I remember it as being unusually low quality for a COD spinoff.

Plague Inc's kinda fun. Create a disease, infect humanity, kill everything. It's good for those days when you've had to deal with too many idiots and just want to watch the world burn.

Or as I like to call them: "Any day that ends in 'Y'."

I'd personally say that anything made by Zynga would be a contender for worst mobile game. Yeah, it's low hanging fruit, but you can't deny that those games are garbage.

Good point. The controls are a different story though

I found them a little frustrating, but I'm not really a big fan of GTA anyway.