• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

The Anti-Santa

Pure undiluted hatred at Nintendo's online service. (Venting ahoy)

22 posts in this topic

I. AM. PISSED.

Usually when it comes to Nintendo, I love them. I love the Wii U, and I love it's games. I'm usually the first to roll my eyes whenever people start rambling on about how Nintendo sucks or that old bullshit claim that if you like Mario/Zelda games you're an idiot because all Mario/Zelda games are shit because shut up reasons. But today, I'm pissed off at how Nintendo is handling their online store front.

Now, I don't have the internet at my house, so for a little over a year my Wii U has gone without updates or downloads of any kind. So when I bought myself a cheap shitty little LAN to USB adaptor so I could steal a friend's internet, two things were on my mind; Update all games, buy Shovel Knight. Sounds easy enough right? Well, that was until I tried to use the eShop. 

I got my Wii U three or four months after it came out, and back then the eShop seemed fine because there was fuck all games out for the system and very few of it's digital applications were actually out and ready to be downloaded. But now, today, as it is, it's fucking unusable. Now I know that since I'm in Australia, companies love to not bother giving us the shit the rest of the world has (And I'll come back to this) but the fucking console has been out for three years now. Why the fuck can't I find a single digital download indie game?

You open up the eShop, and the first thing you see are a bunch of buttons that link to new releases and titles to be released, and then under that some buttons to a couple of indie games, the Virtual Console and then some shit about 'games we can play together' and not one of these buttons is as simple as 'digital games' or 'all games' or 'A-Z'. Y'know, those buttons that XLBA and PSN and Steam and GOG have so we can easily find the games we want instead of trying to dig around the front page desperately trying something that would link to a list with more than 16 games on it. Oh, there's a search bar, but it didn't do much good. Because I found out WHY I couldn't find Shovel Knight no matter what I did. Can you guess why? :D

IT DOESN'T COME OUT IN AUSTRALIA UNTIL NOVEMBER 2014.

Yep, told we'd get back to this. Yes, it appears Shovel Knight isn't out in Australia or Europe until some time in November. Now, forgive me for assuming that a game that was released in June in the US was out in Australia at the same time. I mean, it's not like data files have region locks or even that we speak a different language or anything. HOW DARE I ASSUME SUCH MADNESS. Let's just ignore the fact Yacht Club Games have stated that the only reason the only console and handheld they released Shovel Knight on was the Wii U and 3DS was to help those two systems out, I mean why would Nintendo by thankful for that, right?

Oh yeah, and another thing? Nintendo's customer service is crap. Nintendo Australia has no email contact option. So unless I want to write a letter like an old man or get ridiculous phone bills out the ass there's no way to actually tell Nintendo how to improve their eShop. Oh, I've emailed the American Nintendo customer service before, but literally every response I've ever gotten starts with "this is the Nintendo of America, we can't help you".

I'm not asking for you to redesign your entire online infrastructure, Nintendo. I just want an 'all games' button. And 'all games button! That's all! And for you to stop pretending that Australia is some far off arcane land. :(

Rant over, now sleep.

Annnnd now this threat gets hijacked by morons who will ramble on about how Nintendo sucks and their games suck and the Wii U is a failure because reasons.

Annnnd now this threat gets hijacked by morons who will ramble on about how Nintendo sucks and their games suck and the Wii U is a failure because reasons.

nope. despite what you said i'm still wanting to buy a wii U. nintendo are not the only ones bad at internet storefronts. sony has a terrible storefront for anything playstation related as well. so many different websites for support as well, and hard to find forums. nintendo is exactly the same, so i agree, it's bullshit.

the only one i think is spot on is xbox live. they have every option, every kind of game list you can think of, and lots of them. im not even an xbox fan, i just play PC - but after steam, xbox live is pretty damn good.

last time i owned a wii i was not impressed by the eshop at all. still a fantastic console with games on the disc / physical copies, but that's about it.

Its unfortunate for Australians to not be able to enjoy games like everyone else at the same time. The eShop interface could use work, bit of a pain to look through stuff. I dont know why its not setup like the 3DS eShop.

I too want some nintendo systems eventually, but that said if you just assume everyone here is a moron before the first reply, why the heck are you even here?

I too want some nintendo systems eventually, but that said if you just assume everyone here is a moron before the first reply, why the heck are you even here?

Because 90% of the time when you say the word 'Nintendo', especially around websites that feature gaming heavily, there's the usual quire of people who think Nintendo sucks. Plus it was 3 AM and I was running on fumes and anger.

Emphase likes this

I, too, am looking to buy a Wii-U at some point, but mainly just for Hyrule Warriors because that game looks fucking awesome! Simple as all hell, but balls to the wall awesome. And also Bayonetta 2 a seems like a good bet.

As for their store, I cannot speak of. I've never had any consoles that have any form of an online store in them. But if we're talking a messy interface, then we don't have to look far to find one. Steam had (and still does to a degree) the worst store front page I've ever seen. Sure, there are many options/ functions to search for a game, but if you want new releases, tough luck! Have fun digging through all that back catalog trash.

I have no hate towards Nintendo due to the fact they are the grand daddys of gaming. However being the grand daddys of gaming, you would've thought they get their online right. From the sounds of the ops frustration he's quite annoyed at this xD

Considering that I want "Wonderful 101", "Mario Kart 8", "Smash Brothers Wii U" and have "Bayonetta 2", I'm hoping to get a Wii U some time in the future. I almost bought one last year during the Boxing Day sale at Futureshop. Can't remember what stopped me though. I actually already picked up the Windwaker Bundle a few times while I was in the store. Then after a few seconds, put it back down again.

Preaching to the choir.

I live in the UK, we get screwed over a bit, but I know that people in Australia get absolutely fucked over. Gamers in Australia get treated worse than this guy

pulp-fiction.png

And for the record, if I had the money I'd have a Wii U. It's been far too long since I owned a Nintendo console.

fridgeracer and MrMadakey like this

Do it, Meatshield. Because as much as I bitched about the eShop, it's a genuinely brilliant little console. It's also awesome if you don't own a Wii, because it plays pretty much ever Wii game, and the deluxe edition comes with a sensor bar.

Funny how whenever Microsoft or Sony are asked about backwards compatibility they also give the same "It'll make the console too expensive" response, yet Nintendo just does it and the Wii U is still like $100 cheaper than the PS4 or Xbone. Also it can handle 1080p like a boss.

fridgeracer likes this

It seems like the rankings for consumer priorities for video games are,

1. North America

2. Japan

3. Europe

4. Australia

and the rest like SA, Asia, Africa, ect. don't really even get on the charts.

But sorry everyone who doesn't live in NA, not in a arrogant way but in a "thats not fair" way.

It's also awesome if you don't own a Wii, because it plays pretty much ever Wii game, and the deluxe edition comes with a sensor bar.

Funny how whenever Microsoft or Sony are asked about backwards compatibility they also give the same "It'll make the console too expensive" response, yet Nintendo just does it and the Wii U is still like $100 cheaper than the PS4 or Xbone. Also it can handle 1080p like a boss.

these few lines are EXACTLY why nintendo's wii U is the best 8th gen console in my opinion. backwards compatibility with games and controllers / peripherals, cheaper than the other 2 bigger consoles, does full HD without any drama, and now you say the deluxe edition comes WITH a wii sensor bar?

fuck it when i get paid on 11 nov im going to get a deluxe wii U off amazon with donkey kong tropical freeze. i dont care if i dont have the money and it's on debt.. i want this console in my life. 

Do it, Meatshield. Because as much as I bitched about the eShop, it's a genuinely brilliant little console. It's also awesome if you don't own a Wii, because it plays pretty much ever Wii game, and the deluxe edition comes with a sensor bar.

Waiting for more money. Broketober hasn't been kind, and I got some Anime Figures lined up until February, not to mention Steam's Holiday Sale. November hasn't started yet and my credit card bill for that is already $280 something.

The only thing I've always hated and im not sure if its still true now is that when you buy something off there store you can't redownload it because in there minds its like losing a physical copy somehow like come on boys really. SO i don't even bother with there eshop because of that.

The only thing I've always hated and im not sure if its still true now is that when you buy something off there store you can't redownload it because in there minds its like losing a physical copy somehow like come on boys really. SO i don't even bother with there eshop because of that.

Damn, if that's still true, that's plenty messed up. One of the good things about digital copies is that you can't lose it, you can delete it and if you do, you can redownload it. Is that just another one of Nintendo's mess ups with Online stuff?

You can redownload games you've purchased, because they're bound to the hardware.  That said, if you take a sledgehammer to your Wii U, reformat it, or Delete your NNID then you're screwed.

I thought this was common knowledge after people started buying used Wii U consoles that still had the previous owners games on them.

You can redownload games you've purchased, because they're bound to the hardware.  That said, if you take a sledgehammer to your Wii U, reformat it, or Delete your NNID then you're screwed.

I thought this was common knowledge after people started buying used Wii U consoles that still had the previous owners games on them.

So if something were to happen to the console to the point that you need to get a replacement, the stuff I buy go with it? That's a definite downside. Who's smart idea was it to link purchases to the hardware?

So if something were to happen to the console to the point that you need to get a replacement, the stuff I buy go with it? That's a definite downside. Who's smart idea was it to link purchases to the hardware?

That'd be Nintendo, but if your Wii U craps out for whatever reason you can contact Nintendo to get your games transferred to a new console and NNID.  Presumably.  I've not actually had to deal with that sort of thing myself.

That'd be Nintendo, but if your Wii U craps out for whatever reason you can contact Nintendo to get your games transferred to a new console and NNID.  Presumably.  I've not actually had to deal with that sort of thing myself.

That is definitely something to think about. Thanks.

Considering that I want "Wonderful 101", "Mario Kart 8", "Smash Brothers Wii U" and have "Bayonetta 2", I'm hoping to get a Wii U some time in the future. I almost bought one last year during the Boxing Day sale at Futureshop. Can't remember what stopped me though. I actually already picked up the Windwaker Bundle a few times while I was in the store. Then after a few seconds, put it back down again.

Wonderful 101 closest thing you'll get to a good Power Rangers game, haven't played smash or cart yet, and Bayonetta 2 so much better than the original.