• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

DestinyDecade

Star Wars: Battlefront is a First Person Shooter

36 posts in this topic

EA just fucked it up here. I think.

What do you think guys?

Considering it's by Dice, and the teaser trailer that they showed, I'm not surprised. I still think they're either not going to have Jedi or have them as DLC. It's going to be Battlefield as Star Wars.

Bad news if true

I still think they're either not going to have Jedi or have them as DLC

I would consider that a good thing if there were no Jedi.

Considering it's by Dice, and the teaser trailer that they showed, I'm not surprised. I still think they're either not going to have Jedi or have them as DLC. It's going to be Battlefield as Star Wars.

That is laziness.

I suppose another question would be if they're just sticking with the Rebels vs Empire or if Droid Army vs Republic is also going to be a thing.

Just in general, I don't get why shooters have to be either First  Person or Third Person. One of the reason I loved Battlefront 2 is because it was both. 

Bimpy782 likes this

Well I'm still having my fingers crossed it will have both soley because DICE actually didn't say it, an EA rep said it and I trust EA as far as I can throw them but yeah if it's only FPS and doesn't have both I'll be somewhat disappointed.

Mark my words, they will sell each jedi and sith for $5.99 each.  It wouldn't surprise me that they'd cut up the game and sell it later... think entire planets or even campaigns being locked away behind a paywall.

Think about it, with the stuff they pulled off in Battlefield 4 like the crashes, premium packs/season passes and using a browser to find servers... its sad to say this, but I'm not holding my breath.

Oh and apparently we're all too advanced to have bots in-game... they're too expensive to implement I guess.  We haven't seen them since Battlefield 2/2142 (correct me if I'm wrong here).

Over reacting, still more then a full calendar year before this game comes out and we have yet to see ANYTHING, let's not hop on the EA/DICE/BF4 hate bandwagon just yet.

Over reacting, still more then a full calendar year before this game comes out and we have yet to see ANYTHING, let's not hop on the EA/DICE/BF4 hate bandwagon just yet.

There's a small part of me that just wishes that I'm proven wrong... but I was trying to convey that I'm not holding my breath over this as you said, we still have a year until we can play it.

Let's face it.

Is the view REALLY gonna keep us from playing it?

No...

Not at all....

And EA knows this........................

They'll probably put a switch option for the POV somewhere in the options.

Besides, if it's FPS only, I'm sure the angry army (and fellow Battlefront fans) can make enough noise to get them to reconsider.

Eh, I played Battlefront in First Person mode anyway, so this isn't a problem for me, but I can see why people are mad.

I'm hoping that they don't fuck it up. Make it how it was for the PS2 with battlefront, that sort of feeling anyways.

It's gonna be Star Wars: Brokenfront 

Dice really needs to stop making games.

And were not surprised when it's EA

Ysnar likes this

I don't get it.

You could switch perspectives in the other games and I mostly played in FPS mode myself.

So how exactly did they mess up here? Perhaps they will add TPS-option but I'd be fine if they didn't.

THEN AGAIN, I don't per say support EA Games anyway so I won't be buying this game.

Sol Omega likes this

Think about it, with the stuff they pulled off in Battlefield 4 like the crashes, premium packs/season passes and using a browser to find servers... its sad to say this, but I'm not holding my breath.

The browsing for servers, it's Battlelog. It's actually quiet good except when you want to switch servers, you need to exit the game but that also takes 1 minute and you are in another server. It's been there since BF3 and most people got used to it and even like it. I don't see this as a problem at all, in-game server browser or on a browser, doesn't change much. Also Bf3 and BF4 don't have season passes, it just comes with DLCs with around $15 and if you are really into the game, it's actually worth if you plan to play it. Premium just gives you access to all DLCs and gives you some extra content/features. It's actually worth it if you are into the game. When I bought Battlefield 3 Premium, I easily got another 300 hours of in-game time and had fun. They aren't worth if you don't play the game much. At least in Battlefield, you get new maps, vehicles, features, unlocks and weapons unlike just 4 small maps charged at $30. 

As for Battlefront being FPS, I'm not surprised at all. I don't see it as big downstep since the game is still quiet far away from release and we barely know any details except minor ones and most of the other stuff is just speculation. 

I have a feeling it's going to be a bad game but I hope I'm wrong. You never know, they could pull it off well.

If anything, for players who like FPS games, DICE can at least make a proper multiplayer FPS game (if you remove the bugs).

I think players who aren't much into BF games aren't going to enjoy it. As far as I think, it's going to Star Wars Battlefield.

I will pay attention to the gameplay and how they are going  to sell the game. If Ysnar is right and they sell this crap in pieces with 100 DLCs, I will avoid it. If it's going to have a similar DLC packs to Battlefield 3/4 I might get it. It all just depends what's on the DLCs. If it's just small map packs, no thanks.

I don't see DLC packs as problems anymore, every game has them, some EA games actually have better DLC packs if you compare it to Activision and some other companies. I'm more worried about the gameplay and the overall game. 

I just want fun gameplay that can keep me entertained and good game modes. I just hope they add something new like space battles and that kind of stuff.

The browsing for servers, it's Battlelog. It's actually quiet good except when you want to switch servers, you need to exit the game but that also takes 1 minute and you are in another server. It's been there since BF3 and most people got used to it and even like it. I don't see this as a problem at all, in-game server browser or on a browser, doesn't change much. Also Bf3 and BF4 don't have season passes, it just comes with DLCs with around $15 and if you are really into the game, it's actually worth if you plan to play it. Premium just gives you access to all DLCs and gives you some extra content/features. It's actually worth it if you are into the game. When I bought Battlefield 3 Premium, I easily got another 300 hours of in-game time and had fun. They aren't worth if you don't play the game much. At least in Battlefield, you get new maps, vehicles, features, unlocks and weapons unlike just 4 small maps charged at $30.

Yeah that was it... was referring to premium packs.  Thanks for correction.  I'm not familiar with that system since the last battlefield games I've played were battlefield 2/2142/vietnam

Apex Spartan likes this

To be fair, DICE should just LEAVE EA. THey deserve better than this.

Of course it's a fps! The third person thing was always wonky but then again the original battlefronts were all over the place. I loved the games but I think it's kinda sad most people don't see to accept they were second rate clones of contemporary Battlefields with a Star Wars skin over them.

I don't get the doom and gloom about this game, after BF4 they wouldn't want to deliver an extremely buggy release and this is their first major Star Wars game so I think it's going to have a good release. Far as a the features go if it has everything current Battlefields have and a bit more It'll be great already.

I'd like to see the the return of faster space combat from battlefront 2, more of fast paced intense dogfights with 64 players hopefully. The vehicles in 2 moves a little slow at their normal pace in space, it would be nice if they moves faster and that the map is big. A small bonus would be if you and your squad could use you own  capital ships' turrets like they did in the space battle at the beginning of star wars episode 3, revenge of the sith movie.

I *might* consider buying this (definitely not day 1) if they had the ALL following:

- Bot/AI players

- Seamless planet to space transition with no loading screen

- Ability to pilot capital ships (and then fall out of orbit and crash into the planet/space station when destroyed, giving you a little headstart to escape before impact)

- A decent campaign... like Battlefront 1 and 2, lasting >10 hours.

EDIT: emphasis

I *might* consider buying this (definitely not day 1) if they had the ALL following:

- Bot/AI players

- Seamless planet to space transition with no loading screen

- Ability to pilot capital ships (and then fall out of orbit and crash into the planet/space station when destroyed, giving you a little headstart to escape before impact)

- A decent campaign... like Battlefront 1 and 2, lasting >10 hours.

EDIT: emphasis

Those things you mention, especially piloting capital ships would be nice, although if it was in the game I imagine they would be pretty heavy to maneuver. The no loading screen, I think it was shown in a video for forza horizon 2 on the xbox channel on youtube and that would also be a good feature. It would make playing the game much smoother.

Can you imagine being in a first person view of a droideka?

But seriously, this doesn't really make a difference for me. I knew the game was mostly going to be Battlefield with a Star Wars skin, I just hope it's not totally like that. Hopefully they include the space battles and the heroes and villains

I have no problem with a Star Wars themed FPS. There's been plenty of Star Wars FPS games. I'll have to keep my eye on this more. :)