• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MrMadakey

So I tried out Nosgoth (community did not impress me)

19 posts in this topic

So erm... I got the Beta for Nosgoth on Joe's video. Watched the video before hand obviously and was trying to get a few pointers before I went into the game. Realized that you have to play together as a team and communication really helps.

Okay that's all well and good. First game I go into. I get my ass handed to me. Fair enough I'm new to the game.

I've played a couple of games now got used to the basic mechanics n stuff and realize that the game is much much easier if you play well in your team! So by the fifth game I think it was I realized that some people were around the same level as me on my team while we were fighting people who had clearly way more hours than us played. They were all level 25+

I say to my team "Lets work together and stay close"

What reaction did I get ? "F%&k off noob no-one cares"

Does no-one see the issue here ? If this is the way the community is going to be why would I even want to bother ? Why would even want to even try the beta out if this is the way people react to someone saying "Lets work together"

I thought Ok fair enough first one I've encountered so far. Nope.... Nothing but shit talkers and telling people to rage quit all the time.

This has not been a very good first impression. The game is really fun, but the community.... It really matters about the community of a game to the point it can really deter me from playing it.

I recommend anyone to try the game out but for f%&k sake don't talk to anyone... Not unless you want to be called all sorts of racist slurs, childish name calling and restless arguments.

I'd advise everyone to stay the fuck away from it and for JOE to STOP HYPING THE SHIT OUT OF EVERYTHING NEW GODDAMNIT.

Nosgoth, the universe of Nosgoth is incredibly expansive and rich. Gothic, dark, fatalistic, deep.
But nope, let's turn it into a TPS/FPS Quake 3-wannabe Arena Hybrid Game like so many others BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THE FANS WANT AMIRITE?!

Granted I tried this out back when it was alpha. I tried the Archer and overall, I did not think the game was bad.
It was lackluster. That was what it was. It was decent for about five minutes and then you wanted to do something else.

Just for the hell of it, here is it's roots;

Sol Omega likes this

The multiplayer community in general has been going down hill. Pretty much why I have been sticking more to coop games/modes recently.

I never thought I would say this but I think games should start removing the chat feature altogether... I know it sounds stupid but if there was no chat then there would be no hate flying across all the time. Fair enough you want to talk to your friends, but we have programs for that now like Team speak, mumble, skype and many more.... Abolish chat in online games and you will have no hate flying around all the time.

It's a bit ridiculous that I can't even go into any sort of game with any multi-player feature involved, without some twelve year old getting hyped through a screen...

Not surprised, expect online shooter community from an online shooter.

Holy shit, have you seen the Gunz 2 community?

Free to play dregs combined with the CoD/Halo L33tists and Steam PC master race jerks.

Warframe seems like one of the few good ones (productpushproductpushproductpushfreeadvertisingfreeadvertisingfreeadvertising)

IrishRogue likes this

I never thought I would say this but I think games should start removing the chat feature altogether... I know it sounds stupid but if there was no chat then there would be no hate flying across all the time. Fair enough you want to talk to your friends, but we have programs for that now like Team speak, mumble, skype and many more.... Abolish chat in online games and you will have no hate flying around all the time.

It's a bit ridiculous that I can't even go into any sort of game with any multi-player feature involved, without some twelve year old getting hyped through a screen...

I don't like talking. I hate voice. I shot people in Killing Floor when they never shut up with their voices.

Holy shit, have you seen the Gunz 2 community?

Free to play dregs combined with the CoD/Halo L33tists and Steam PC master race jerks.

Warframe seems like one of the few good ones (productpushproductpushproductpushfreeadvertisingfreeadvertisingfreeadvertising)

No, but I saw Gunz 2 but Steam was like "lol region lawk".

Don't Planetside 2 have a good community also?

I've tried the game itself and while it felt a bit shallow in general it still was fun but yeah the community or nearly every online community really is going downhill every day. Why is there nearly no respect anymore? Why does nobody care for playing the game as a team? I don't get it...

The issue I have is the fact I don't get that much enjoyment out of the single player games lately. I get enjoyment out of going online and playing with other people who going to give a different experience every time I play. Not walking the same way every single time like he is locked to a certain walking pattern. Now with that in mind I play alot of games that require you to work together. I'm not a fan of playing CoD where just one person can make a difference. I want the entire team to make a difference, however with the way online communities are becoming lately with all the screaming at a god damn screen I just can't take it no more... I hold my typing nearly every single time and I always mute people that are just talking random S%*T in game. While we have even more CoD mentality children entering these games they're always going to suffer from being named as "a bad community" because it is the only thing I took from the whole time I played it

In response to those saying to stay away from it purely because it is a tps set in this universe, the notion that you should essentially boycott a game because it is not in the genre you like is just ridiculous. 

Now, I played it a while back, was in the closed alpha, and I thought it was pretty decent. Not the best game ever, a wee bit clunky, but I had fun.

In response to those saying to stay away from it purely because it is a tps set in this universe, the notion that you should essentially boycott a game because it is not in the genre you like is just ridiculous. 

So did you bluntly accept Aliens Colonial Marines as official canon too?

So did you bluntly accept Aliens Colonial Marines as official canon too?

giphy.gif

But back on topic.

All I see are people discussing how awful the Nosgoth community is and how it can deter those from the game. I don't see anyone complaining about the game's genre.

Rainversey likes this

I played it the day after I got the beta code and I had a lot of fun with it. Sure there were some things wrong with it but for the most part had a lot of fun! To the whole community thing, I didn't have my headphones on me when I played so I'm not sure if anyone in my game was acting how you described. But I have played quite a bit of multiplayer games, TF2 and GTA Online mostly, and found that if anyone is mouthing off or just being a huge dick it's best to either ignore them or mute. I can understand that if people are being complete dill holes it can be hard to enjoy an experience like this but you shouldn't let them ruin something you seem to be enjoying. Also you could just ask friends/other AJSA to play with if you don't wanna deal with trolls and the like, lord knows I'd like to play this game with people I know (whether here or friends outside of it).

All I see are people discussing how awful the Nosgoth community is and how it can deter those from the game. I don't see anyone complaining about the game's genre.

I have seen so many people(though not specifically here) talk about boycotting the game just because it is not the legacy of Cain game they wanted. 

Now, as for the community, I am afraid I cannot speak of it. I played in the closed alpha, and for obvious reasons, people were quite civilized at that point. Considering the type of game it is though, I would not be surprised if the text chat is often quite virulent in that game.

with all the respect, if you think a simple nerd raging comment like that on nosgoth is bad enough, try playing some GTA Online. you probably could not find a worse gaming community.

problem is though, verbal abuse and bullying in GTA Online is what makes the experience so much fun. it's brilliant to hear the whining of all the players on there when you kill them over and over.

with all the respect, if you think a simple nerd raging comment like that on nosgoth is bad enough, try playing some GTA Online. you probably could not find a worse gaming community.

problem is though, verbal abuse and bullying in GTA Online is what makes the experience so much fun. it's brilliant to hear the whining of all the players on there when you kill them over and over.

Thats why I hated it so much when I tried it...

This is exactly the reason I'm waiting for it to come out on PC and PRAYING that the PC community is a little more mature... Noticed how I said praying...

This is exactly the reason I'm waiting for it to come out on PC and PRAYING that the PC community is a little more mature... Noticed how I said praying...

Yeah, a mature community, that'll be the day. The asshats sucked all the funt out of World of tanks and the like for me.

I am pretty disappointed in the direction of nosgoth. LOK was a great series and this is basically just a standard online multiplayer 3rd person shooter with the name slapped on. I enjoy it though, for what it is. It is not a bad game, just not Legacy of Kain.