• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Foxygen

Dota 2 = Girlfriend?

29 posts in this topic

A week ago i uninstalled Dota 2 again, because of its community.I was so angry because i lost around 6-9 games in a row because of my team.From then i was playing only Skyrim.I was also looking for other MOBA games with a better community, but i couldn't find anything similar to Dota 2.And suddenly one day i felt a guilt, i missed Dota 2 just like my girlfriend ( which i never had).

Do you guys experienced something similar to this?

If so, you are free to share your experience with us.

141ifjq.jpg

Kizra likes this

I think you've might have become addicted to Dota 2 XD (even if it's going bad)

Foxygen likes this

Played dota 2 for a while, was called a C**t in the last match I played for buying the wrong item, so I left and played league of legends.
Despite getting the usual chat abuse in leage of legends much the same, I haven't looked back because of the people in teamspeak I can play with.

You should jump into the channel sometime.

Apex Spartan likes this

Like a girlfriend? O.o 

Damn man, you should never let DOTA 2 go xD

One day when the game realizes you didn't leave HER, she will realize it and will be kind to you and then you gonna hit a winning streak <3

Foxygen, Passe and mrfool like this

Played dota 2 for a while, was called a C**t in the last match I played for buying the wrong item, so I left and played league of legends.

And then you came to League Of Legends and someone said, "I hope you get cancer."

Passe, Muddy-Chan and mrfool like this

I recently quit dota 2. I even sold my heavenly piercing pauldrons.

But who am I kidding, you can never quit dota 2, not really, lol is not the same. I'll play soon again ><

I never uninstall dota 2, despite how much the game (mainly the people) pisses me off at times, because I know that I would eventually just download it again, I also improved my experience with other players by just immediately muting (and occasionally reporting) the ones who even remotely piss me off, so far it's been a very effective way of improving my experience.

Edit: I should mention that I'm currently taking a break from dota 2, since I realized that I'm getting more frustrated with the game, rather than having fun.

And then you came to League Of Legends and someone said, "I hope you get cancer."

When I went into LoL, I got threatened to die of cancer within 10 games of playing. This was after over 1.4k hours of Dota 2. I don't think I've ever been threatened to die in Dota 2. Still, LoL is fun.

Oh, and I feel the same way about the gf thing. I physically can't uninstall it. My body will resist too much. pls halp.

Apex Spartan and mrfool like this

I see what you mean when I play different moba games I feel like I'm cheating on my wife, but what she doesn't know won't hurt her.

Foxygen likes this

I see what you mean when I play different moba games I feel like I'm cheating on my wife, but what she doesn't know won't hurt her.

I just made that my status!

Too bad I already cheated League with Dota 2. :(

nUY0VAd.png

mrfool, Riverside75 and Foxygen like this

well currently now with the new patch , i have no real wish to play since the matchmaking punishes you for playing with friends in a certain way and the horrific 53 minute average match time is just terrible,its all super late game and i have no wish to play. but the thing is i still do play xD.

i don't think of it as an addiction , its more just simply i can't find eny other game to get attached to. and i think thats pretty much all of us here, nothing can replace the anger, but at the same time the  great feeling of destroying a 5 man enemy team alone and then they rage quit, nothing better then that.  aaaaah good times.

atleast no other game made me get that feeling yet.

Pfft you have nobody to blame but yourselves for being in the potato bracket. I learned from Charlie that the only way to get out of a losing streak is by winning.

Joke aside, i doubt anyone would want to just leave something they've poured so much time, sweat, tears and semen over someone calling you a russian 1k mmr player. Besides, no matter how bad things get, Icefraud will always give you that 5 win streak you wanted.

Losing streaks are like women's period, it makes you furious and you want to kill everyone around you, but it's gonna end sooner or later.

Foxygen likes this

10731202_10205348731508623_9073582161906

Every MOBA player10304782_10204184904573677_3601021207053

In regards to that top picture, guess I'm lucky to have both that! And my significant other plays Dota too (two?)!

Foxygen and Apex Spartan like this

In regards to that top picture, guess I'm lucky to have both that! And my significant other plays Dota too (two?)!

HEY, ACTUAL GIRLFRIENDS AREN'T ALLOWED HERE. GO AWAY WITH YOUR HAPPINESS AD YOUR RELATIONSHIPS.

Ender, Foxygen, mrfool and 1 other like this

I have a girlfriend too...

*looks at left hand*

<.<

>.>

Creepy joke aside...

Fool, does your girlfriend know you cheat on her with a game?

And at what level where you when you unlocked your girlfriend?

Ender, mrfool, Foxygen and 1 other like this

I have a girlfriend too...

*looks at left hand*

<.<

>.>

Creepy joke aside...

Fool, does your girlfriend know you cheat on her with a game?

And at what level where you when you unlocked your girlfriend?

Oh I've been with my gf for about 7 years now, we met in an MMO and we've played pretty much every MMO out there since.

We actually started playing Dota 2 together and she plays a lot more of it than I do at the moment lol. If anyone's cheating with Dota it's her :D

Oh I've been with my gf for about 7 years now, we met in an MMO and we've played pretty much every MMO out there since.

We actually started playing Dota 2 together and she plays a lot more of it than I do at the moment lol. If anyone's cheating with Dota it's her :D

Ahhh. Dream relationship.

You're so lucky. ;-;

Muddy-Chan, Apex Spartan and mrfool like this

*ogre First skill*
Why you put such a misleading Title. I thought you will give me insides how you found a GF while playing Dota 2 :)
There is nothing wrong with the community except the fact that you need to play with 4 idiots that can't read your mind unless you tell them what you are thinking. Find 4 others or more that you enjoy playing the game with here. And your problems are solved. 
Dota is not a MOBA game so ofc you can't find an other like it. Because the others are MOBA games and DOTA is not. They even reminded that to us with a huge post.

So to answer your question - YES

I also play dota and could not find so far an other game like it. Tried all the Moba even Blizzard Dota now. Not the same, not even near DOTA.

Yes your teammates will annoy you from times to times, even if they are your friends. 

Yes i do also play Skyrim to relax from Dota 2 :)

If Dota Community does not get better for you. I recommend installing some adult mods for Skyrim. Because things with the community are going to get only worst with more and more masses joining. But what you gonna do, go play MOBA?