• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Glaice

Far Cry 4 Dev: "Nobody really cares about 1080p"

24 posts in this topic

Well, I guess I never really cared about Far Cry 4 either. Or any of Ubisofts games for that matter *sigh*

Not because of the res mind you, but 30fps? Seriously? So much for next gen.

It should always be "gamplay first, graphics second" but don't tell people how graphics for a new generation are gonna be amazing and then back peddle when you start to realize its expensive and then say "30fps is more cinematic" and "1080p? No one cares about that."

I don't care, just make the game fun. Rather focus on that than graphics and resolutions. Few companies can get both right.

It's pretty much Far Cry 3, but with helicopters, mortars and ridable elephants. At least that was what I got from it from what I played at the public event I went to over the weekend. So if you liked 3, you may like 4.

It's pretty much Far Cry 3, but with helicopters, mortars and ridable elephants. At least that was what I got from it from what I played at the public event I went to over the weekend. So if you liked 3, you may like 4.

That's good news then. Plus I love the map setting.

I wouldn't have bought Far Cry 4 anyways. Ubisoft games are reliably mediocre.

genius-photo.png

I don't know what they are smoking but I kinda want some.

Also this happened in june:

1401732001faiGeniusUbisoft.jpg

"It feels weird to me that people are cool about playing a sort of retro pixel game, and yet the resolution somehow matters. It's like: is it fun, is it interesting, is it new, is it fresh, are there interesting questions?"

I don't even have words for this. Just the sheer audacity has left me speechless.

They're going to rehash FC3. They're going to add new vehicles (helicopter, elephant), and a strangely restrictive co-op (open world only, no missions), and pretend that makes it "new" and "fresh." Then they want to be held to the same standards as the little indie pixel art games that have to use greenlight and kickstarter to get noticed.

Fuck everything.

Per the usual, people are reading far too much into what is being said, not understanding the point and warping the context...

The internet has truly become the "rabble, rabble, rabble" nonsense made famous by South Park..

honestly who cares about far cry 4? it's a ubisoft game. even on hard mode with all aids turned off it will still tell you:

press this button to perform this, throughout the whole game.

it's also going to have the guaranteed DRM ontop of already existing DRM, i.e. if you buy it physical it will be steam only but still demand you install and use UPlay to update and launch the game. just like with far cry blood dragon, turning off all uplay features and setting uPlay to offline mode will still prompt the game to check with uplay everytime you load it up because "OMG we must stop the pirates!"

it's also coming from a company with a recent track record of medicore over hyped games. have we learnt nothing about watch dogs? what's going to be so amazing about FC4, really? they said the same shit about watch dogs for ages, and look how that turned out.

black flag wasn't even all that good.

Once again, Ubisoft showing that they are far from in tune with gamers.

I've never been a massive graphics guy, it's never really bothered me that much. But here is my problem with the Ubisoft graphics bollocks. Why am I buying a new console, if developers aren't going to make the most out of the hardware? Seriously, why? When I think back to the release of the 360 and PS3, the jump in visuals from Xbox and PS2 was phenomenal, every game was more beautiful than anything I'd seen on the old consoles, because developers were making the most of the hardware, they were pushing themselves to make these great games, even if it took time. Now, some developers I see are really trying to make the most of what they have, and that's awesome, but Ubisoft in particular just don't seem to give a fuck.

It's sad, because I really enjoy a lot of the Ubisoft series, but their business practices are so flawed it puts a bad taste in my mouth just thinking about buying their games.

Dyzzles likes this

I never cared about 1080p either. Sorry but no. As long as the game is good, i dont really care if its 720p or 1080p.

(generalisation only, as i am not buying Far Cry 4)

Ubisoft is at the head of the gaming ultimate retardedness as i like to call it

basically saying shit to stop getting hit by everyone on resolution and FPS but at the same time still making PCs hold out alot on their abilities to properly run the game in an attempt to save time

Ubisoft seems to have forgotten, PC gamers dont give a shit if the game comes out later for PC as long as its well-made when it releases

GTA V was announced for PC, did people complain? no, everyone waited and when it released people were pretty happy with it since it ran perfectly well on their PCs, i lost all my respect for Ubisoft a few months ago and they better cut the shit and get back to business or i wont hesitate to put them on the same list as EA called M.R.R.C.: Motherfucking Retarded & Rejected Companies

GTA V was announced for PC, did people complain? no, everyone waited and when it released people were pretty happy with it since it ran perfectly well on their PCs

I think you mean GTA IV, which had problems at launch on PC, but were later patched. GTA V isn't out for PC yet. It did have some problems when it came out for the 360 and PS3 though, like that damn vanishing car bug. Not to mention the problems for GTA Online when that started.

I don't care, just make the game fun. Rather focus on that than graphics and resolutions. Few companies can get both right.

I think id Software pulled it off pretty well with RAGE.

I think id Software pulled it off pretty well with RAGE.

RAGE? As far as I know, at least for me, RAGE was a complete disappointment in gameplay. I didn't even want to finish it.

Just like people "PREFER" 30fps over 60 and Ubisoft "CARES" about PC users.

yeah, i recently read the article in a german gaming site :"We have listened to feedback, and since June last year our policy for all of PC games is that we only require a one-time online activation when you first install the game, and from then you are free to play the game offline.."

...few days later

Ubisoft: "Might and Magic Heroes 7 will have always online Only".

Ubisoft: "The Settlers 8 will have always online Only + Ingame Shop because the Settlers Online is successful".

They really are showing the Finger to PC gamers.

About FC4...yeah they are becoming more and more EA

far-cry-4-season-pass.jpg?itok=8JdPWEQf

what was Ubisoft response about a Assassins Creed with Japan setting?

3579_v0_610x.jpg

XD

Alex Hutchinson posted this today : "We try very hard to support the map making community, trust me. But there are millions of players who play the campaign only."

Always knew I was a nobody. I do really care if my games fit into my 1080p monitor.

I'd like every game to be 1080p and 60fps. But on a $400 console that's realistically not going to happen. But i think it should be one or the other, (if they can't do both), either 1080p or 60fps.

Now honestly I'd rather every game be 900p and 60fps than 1080p and 30 FPS.

But yeah freak Ubisoft, I'm not buying FC4 new.

Mr_E_Meatshield and Dyzzles like this

I think FC4 is for people who wants to kill animals irl..................