• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Mr_E_Meatshield

How About that Overwatch?

50 posts in this topic

Overwatch Main Site

Cinematic Trailer

Gameplay Trailer

You know, if not for the Gameplay Trailer, I would've thought Blizzard was trying to pull a Disney.

Dyzzles and IrishRogue like this

You know, if not for the Gameplay Trailer, I would've thought Blizzard was trying to pull a Disney.

I personally thought they made another MOBA/Kid's movie (that would get a huge following).

At the very moment I saw the ape, I was like "Another MOBA."

But I got a pleasant surprise at seeing an arena fps.

Looks fun. I'd rather them make a movie/TV series out of this though... The characters are cool. And I don't know even know them. Reaper looks dope. And obligatory British named smart ape. And Mercy..... And... They all look cool...................

However, I'm too lazy to make an account on their site.

Dyzzles likes this

Looks fun. I'd rather them make a movie/TV series out of this though.

If the only thing I ever saw of it was the Cinematic trailer, I would've thought that they were going into the Animated Feature Film business too. They clearly have the talent, and from that WoW money, resources for it.

Sol Omega likes this

Yeah if this was another moba style game I'd just give up.

The gameplay trailer makes it looks awesome, maybe blizzard has struck gold once again? lol.

They could make a movie about this too hahaha.

Sol Omega likes this

I have Blizzcon stream access so watching everything is pretty much obligatory.

Its a free arena style Team Fortress 2 clone. Of course i will play it. Will i invest money in it? Only time will tell.

Blizzard seems to be making nice simple versions of games IE , Hearthstone , heroes and now this. After making wow so big by making it accessible to all levels I think they've learned a lot on how to make games just fun again. Although heroes and hearthstone don't really interest me since i all ready play games in there genres and can't be bothered to play more. If this is simple like those 2 though im sure ill give it a chance since i haven't played an fps game since I played PS2.

Dyzzles likes this

I could give two s---s for Hearthstone. Biggest load of garbage Blizzard have ever pumped out. I wont waste my time on it at all.

Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch. Now those are two games i can certainly see myself playing.

Who is Pegi and why is she still 16?

The game does look fun but then it kind of looks like Brink. I just hope it's not bad as Brink, it looks promising. I miss fast paced shooters. 

let's not get too hyped or anything

Blizzard is known for canceling games.

However this certainly looks interesting.

For some reason it sorta reminded me of TF2.

but it could be interesting to try out 

Watching the Cinematic and Gameplay trailer gives me some hope that the game will be good. Plus if its anything like TF2 I'm sure to put some hours into it.

The cinematic trailer makes me more hyped for the WoW movie then the game.

TF2ish? No thank you, unless it will be free to play.

I'm kinda burnt out of shooters and the only one I really care about right now is Battlefront.

TF2ish? No thank you, unless it will be free to play.

Where have you been? That rock a little too comfy for you?

Of course it will be free to play.

Saw it and i wasn't really drawn to it. I had a "meh" attitude. Don't get me wrong looks interesting but that's about it

Its a free....

annnndddd the 5 minutes of excitement i just had about discovering this game has completely gone down the drain. thanks for letting me know though. free = i don't touch it.

I dont like great games because they are free.

That is incredibly close minded of you. But that is your choice. If you choose to ignore great game experiences only because its free to play, that is your choice.

Mr_E_Meatshield and Sol Omega like this

That is incredibly close minded of you. But that is your choice. If you choose to ignore great game experiences only because its free to play, that is your choice.

i like how you have skills where you can delete my quote and type something else. the problem is, while doing that, you put the quoted message in the wrong context.

so you can type, i give you that, but understand... hmmm..?

i like games. i don't care if they are great, or bad to the rest of the public. i decide what i like or don't like. in this particular situation i dont like any free games because 9/10 they are not really free, they either demand you grind for many hours of your life for any progress or give you the option to pay some money to get your progress done more quickly. that's not what i would call an ethical video game, and i'm not going to waste my time looking for the few good ones out of a thousand bad ones (that are free to play), just not worth it.

had you quoted my original response without mocking me, i would have given you a kinder answer.

annnndddd the 5 minutes of excitement i just had about discovering this game has completely gone down the drain. thanks for letting me know though. free = i don't touch it.

Hey it's Free2Play, but also Free2Uninstall if you don't find it enjoyable, at least give it a try before saying that you don't wanna play it 

i like how you have skills where you can delete my quote and type something else. the problem is, while doing that, you put the quoted message in the wrong context.

so you can type, i give you that, but understand... hmmm..?

i like games. i don't care if they are great, or bad to the rest of the public. i decide what i like or don't like. in this particular situation i dont like any free games because 9/10 they are not really free, they either demand you grind for many hours of your life for any progress or give you the option to pay some money to get your progress done more quickly. that's not what i would call an ethical video game, and i'm not going to waste my time looking for the few good ones out of a thousand bad ones (that are free to play), just not worth it.

had you quoted my original response without mocking me, i would have given you a kinder answer.

Dota 2 IS free and the stuff you buy in it has nothing - absolutely nothing to do with the way you play the game. Blizzard realizes that this is a good model for F2P- No, THE BEST WAY to make a free to play game, so I will assume it will choose the direction that cosmetics that have no effect on the game will be dropped every now and then, and then there is a store where you can buy cosmetic stuff. And I don't mind that. I think it's a great model. The microtransactions aren't forced upon you in anyway, other than the odd choice of "Item of the day" which is on sale for like 75% and I don't mind it. Item drops are consistent..

I mean, I don't understand. Dota is a great experience and does little to nothing to show you the marketplace. Hell, you can even SELL the stuff that you get for REAL MONIES that you can use to buy games in Steam! Now is that awesome or what?

*sigh*

Just give Overwatch a shot. Play it. Try it when it comes out. Don't make silly assumptions based on ignorant claims made by other people who never played F2P games. I understand if you have this point of view because of mobile games like Dungeon Keeper by Electronic Arts, but just.. Give Overwatch a chance.. There is a good possibility that this game might actually make you change you mind.

(If you can't wait, go try out Team Fortress 2. Also free.)

Yesterday a friend messaged me about this. I have always been a little skeptical to everything Blizzard does after Diablo III and Cataclysm. Hearthstone was apparently okay, but I never liked card games after Yu-Gi-Oh.

I said "Don't get overhyped. From what I've heard, it's just a TF2 clone with lot's of girls."

Then he gave me a link.

Now as I'm writing this, I am still cleaning up bits of my brain with a mop, because the trailers just blew me the fuck away.

Honestly? Looks like Team Fortress 2 with an action-skill element, like Dota, making something like combos a really relevant thing. I just hope this has a competitive mode, because this game really looks good and I have high hopes for it. It's still Blizzard though..

BTW, try to apply for the beta.

Edit: Ehem, when I said competitive mode I meant as in a competitive scene. Just wanted to clarify.

Dota 2 IS free and the stuff you buy in it has nothing - absolutely nothing to do with the way you play the game. Blizzard realizes that this is a good model for F2P- No, THE BEST WAY to make a free to play game, so I will assume it will choose the direction that cosmetics that have no effect on the game will be dropped every now and then, and then there is a store where you can buy cosmetic stuff. And I don't mind that. I think it's a great model. The microtransactions aren't forced upon you in anyway, other than the odd choice of "Item of the day" which is on sale for like 75% and I don't mind it. Item drops are consistent..

I mean, I don't understand. Dota is a great experience and does little to nothing to show you the marketplace. Hell, you can even SELL the stuff that you get for REAL MONIES that you can use to buy games in Steam! Now is that awesome or what?

*sigh*

Just give Overwatch a shot. Play it. Try it when it comes out. Don't make silly assumptions based on ignorant claims made by other people who never played F2P games. I understand if you have this point of view because of mobile games like Dungeon Keeper by Electronic Arts, but just.. Give Overwatch a chance.. There is a good possibility that this game might actually make you change you mind.

fine... i will give it a try when it's out. now see this was civil and fair response. i like you.

*hands cookie*

Traviltar likes this

After seeing the cinematic trailer for Blizzard's new IP in 17 years, Overwatch. First off, I am excited as hell for this. A new game from Blizzard that isn't related to the other games and it has many good ideas.
The characters are instantly likeable, like Tracer, my favourite from the reveal (not just because she's British XD ) And Winston, a little nod to Beast from X-men. This proves Blizzard still has the talent and creativity from Warcraft, StarCraft and Diablo.
And it's a first person shooter which is very different for Blizzard, this is technically their first real Shooter and the abilities for most of the characters seem pretty solid.
And the gameplay trailer gave me a TF2 feel in a good way, it has personality, humour, creativity and hopefully strong gameplay.

I think Blizzard is gonna have a good future for the next few years to come.

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this