• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Mr_E_Meatshield

How About that Overwatch?

50 posts in this topic

And Winston, a little nod to Beast from X-men.

....I thought it was a little nod to Gorilla Grod... That rhymed!

Heh, I can see why. But for me, Beast just clicked. Blue Skin, voice, glasses and personality.

Damnit I wanna see but on phone! That said ive never played team fortress, what is an arena shooter? Unreal tournament? Or is it more like invasion game mode in ut?

or Congo, the bestest movie ever.

A new IP from Blizzard, and it's a shooter - meh.

I was hoping for something story driven rather than just a fast paced cartoon style online fps.

The gameplay trailer looks ok but this is how's it supposed to be, right?

I'll probably give it a shot but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Well, TF2 doesn't have a direct storyline, DOTA 2 or LoL doesn't have a focus on story much but they do have great backstory for characters and the world. And they're great games.
And Blizzard is still thinking about how they want to implement a story but haven't yet, I hope they have a story in the game or maybe a series for TV or online. Or expand with books and short stories.

But yeah, we'll have to wait and see but I'm loving the idea.

Me, personally I'm of the belief that it's a game with alot of potential that deserves to be looked at and at least have a chance at succeeding. I'm also totally saying this of my free will, it has nothing to do with this kind officer of the law.

Metrocop_blue_eyes.jpg

I think even as of now, Tracer is Blizzard's best female characters since Kerrigan in my opinion.

Anyone signed up for the beta? Maybe we could get an un-official AJSA group going on when/if people are able to get in.

Alexander452 likes this

Anyone signed up for the beta? Maybe we could get an un-official AJSA group going on when/if people are able to get in.

Well considering the past with Blizzards beta keys and the lack of giving out keys im not sure we will be enough in the game to make a group

I signed up ever since it was announced, we should expect the keys to be given out in January.

Alexander452 likes this

Grod is a bit of an evil genius where-as Beast is that sort of intelligent, mature calm man who appreciates learning and intelligence.

I wouldn't go and poke him with a stick if I were you, just in case though.

Well, TF2 doesn't have a direct storyline, DOTA 2 or LoL doesn't have a focus on story much but they do have great backstory for characters and the world. And they're great games.

And Blizzard is still thinking about how they want to implement a story but haven't yet, I hope they have a story in the game or maybe a series for TV or online. Or expand with books and short stories.

But yeah, we'll have to wait and see but I'm loving the idea.

Blizzard said it's gonna have a lore for the characters, interactions between them and comments surrounding the environments, but beyond that it's probably going to be nothing, since there's no single-player planned.

Fingers crossed though!

let's not get too hyped or anything

Blizzard is known for canceling games.

However this certainly looks interesting.

For some reason it sorta reminded me of TF2.

but it could be interesting to try out 

Indeed. We should keep this in mind, however the cancellations weren't exactly "lol we dun wan work on dis shite anymore" but more of "Yeah, the game isn't actually what we originally saw in our minds, and now are founding that there is no market for these sorts of games outside our already established fan-base". Whilst their established fan-base is massive, it's still not enough.

Enter Overwatch. For people like me who aren't that interested in Diablo, HotS or WoW anymore, this seems like a great way to get new audiences as Team Fortress 2 is starting to show it's age. Monday Night Combat, while polished, wasn't really as breathtakingly awesome as Team Fortress 2 came out and at least didn't keep me playing for years and years, like Team Fortress 2 did. This game combines the element of an enjoyable team-based shooter with MOBA team-play mechanics and mechanics. It would be wrong to call this a MOBA FPS because this game (at least as of now) doesn't seem to have any sort of economy or metagame, as TotalBiscuit has said before. That could all change as we know, but this game does really have potential! :)

Alexander452 likes this

Indeed. We should keep this in mind, however the cancellations weren't exactly "lol we dun wan work on dis shite anymore" but more of "Yeah, the game isn't actually what we originally saw in our minds, and now are founding that there is no market for these sorts of games outside our already established fan-base". Whilst their established fan-base is massive, it's still not enough.

Enter Overwatch. For people like me who aren't that interested in Diablo, HotS or WoW anymore, this seems like a great way to get new audiences as Team Fortress 2 is starting to show it's age. Monday Night Combat, while polished, wasn't really as breathtakingly awesome as Team Fortress 2 came out and at least didn't keep me playing for years and years, like Team Fortress 2 did. This game combines the element of an enjoyable team-based shooter with MOBA team-play mechanics and mechanics. It would be wrong to call this a MOBA FPS because this game (at least as of now) doesn't seem to have any sort of economy or metagame, as TotalBiscuit has said before. That could all change as we know, but this game does really have potential! :)

And let's not forget that it's Blizzard. They're known for making or at least trying their best at all times to polish their games until they're up to their standards, which, as far as I know, are rather high.

Wonder if there's enough that we know of Overwatch to speculate what Titan could have been considering how it's apparently a spiritual continuation of the cancelled MMO.

Wonder if there's enough that we know of Overwatch to speculate what Titan could have been considering how it's apparently a spiritual continuation of the cancelled MMO.

Far as I know, it has only some artistic bits of what TItan would've been, but that's it. Nothing more.

I'm pretty sure once we play the game, we'll find some Easter eggs about Project Titan.

Hero Base Shooter I like the Idea but can they pull it off this is new territory for Blizzard after all. 

looks ok but we have to wait the final version.

Looking at Blizzards Road, how they started and where they are now, it's kinda pity.

From making innovative and new games...

- Lost Vikings

- Rock n Roll Racing

...to take the basics, ideas and concepts of other games/Devs and improve it, making it very good...

- Everquest -> WoW

- Ultima VIII -> Diablo

- Herzog Zwei/Dune 2-> Warcraft/Starcraft

...to making f2p mainstream clones with microtransactions/Ingame Shop and/or p2w options because they want a piece of the big Cake too...

Dota/LoL -> Heroes of the Storm

Magic the Gathering -> Hearthstone

TF2/Loadout -> Overwatch

the ideas, the innovations and the quality went down while the mentality to make more money by going Mainstream and Casual (quantity) rises more and more. I'm curious what comes next.

no hate intended.

Im sorry but i dont see how rock and roll racing is supposedly a totally new idea, there were top down view racing games before it. Also i find the differences between warcraft and dune 2, wow and everquest to NOT be more significant than your newer "copycat" examples.

Not that i think the whole innovation thing is even important enough to judge them one way or another

Rock n Roll Racing was isometric view with Weapons and upgradeable Parts for different Vehicles. It was different than micro machines on SNES/Genesis back then.

I didn't said that they copied the games. They took the concept and made it nearly perfect with their games which was very good. Blizzard started to loosing their edge after Blizzard north was closed and Activision got their finger in their Business.

Rock n Roll Racing was isometric view with Weapons and upgradeable Parts for different Vehicles. It was different than micro machines on SNES/Genesis back then.

I didn't said that they copied the games. They took the concept and made it nearly perfect with their games which was very good. Blizzard started to loosing their edge after Blizzard north was closed and Activision got their finger in their Business.

Well, Blizzard wil have to inovate which I see from Overwatch, sure, not the most original idea in thw world but they have their own spin that makes Blizzard, Blizzard.

I think it looks fun. For me it would be a new take on an FPS as the only ones I've ever played you chose to be assault, medic, engineer, sniper and those are your only choices except for some variation on the gear. This is like picking your hero with certain play style so the variation on equipment and abilities will probably be limited but there are a lot of hero's to chose from with widely differing talents and vulnerabilities.

If it is free to play then I'll definitely try it though i'll be sceptical. I have found with MMO's the Free ones often aren't as well maintained or don't level well because of micro transactions and the like. But this is an FPS so those rules may not apply.

I agree they should make a movie to accompany it. Like a prequel to the game :P