• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Just-Dayle

Any Mass Effect fans out there??

116 posts in this topic

Mostly just asking out of curiosity and seeing as its N7 day :) so if your a fan let me know what you love about it plus some details like Shepard s class, Love interests, fav squad mates etc. Lets get a discussion going!

SeasonedGamer and skywrecker like this

Mass effect is on my top 3 list of the best games ive ever played. i think i have around 5 to 6 hundred hour on all three games. the game is just amazing and the story is one of the best ive ever played hell the only game i think is better than them is the legend of Zelda ocarina of time. i have so many profiles but i mostly played as solidier og adept, and ive been trying all of the love intrerests but i mostly played as femshep, so it was mostly Liara i chose,when it comes to squadmates it was garrus and tali. 

but anyway....... wear N7 with pride.. :)

Just-Dayle likes this

Mass Effect = best video game trilogy. great story, great combat. Mordin Solus is the most badass alien around... followed closely by my boy Garrus Vakarian. Can't wait for ME 4

Alright i'll bite. Guess the thing i love most about mass effect was really how many species of aliens to learn about and see, i always love it in scfi when they create interesting aliens. 

I would always play the Soldier class throughout the series, nothing like good ol' wepons in a fight. And ofc i would romance garret as female Shepard. Though i wonder what would happen if i could romance Grunt?

A Grunt romance would be awesome haha but I dont know about Mass Effect 4 because to me Mass Effect is all about Shepard and the normandy crew stopping the repears, plus i really doubt ill care as much for ME4's characters as the normandy crew, especially Garrus hes my favourite bro-mance

I fell in love with the mass effect series mostly because of its attention to real world Science. I would spend time reading and listening to all of the journal data and explanations, reading all the planet data, for gods sakes they have quantum non locality communication, that is the first time outside a text book or educational piece that I had even heard quantum non locality even discussed, and it was in a freaking GAME!

sadly I still have yet to play 3, I held off when I heard the backlash about the ending to see if they would fix it before I just made myself angry by getting a bad ending and still havent picked up a copy,

But they had me at SCIENCE

I loved the story and the characters. I believe Garrus is a badass, and my love interest was Liara since the others looked ugly to me. Haha. Through ME2 and my first playthrough of ME3 I stuck with the Sentinel class because I thought the armour skill was badass and I like being a bit tanky. Though when I was completing ME3 on Insanity I switched to adept as the crowd control and crowd destroying abilities were invaluable, and the Biotic Detonations take a certain percentage of health from an enemy rather than a number so it was very efficient even with the tougher enemies. I still play ME3 multiplayer to kill time, I love being able to play as the other races and try out new the skills. And the Geth Juggernaut is so badass with his near 5k shields. O.O

I fell in love with the mass effect series mostly because of its attention to real world Science. I would spend time reading and listening to all of the journal data and explanations, reading all the planet data, for gods sakes they have quantum non locality communication, that is the first time outside a text book or educational piece that I had even heard quantum non locality even discussed, and it was in a freaking GAME!

sadly I still have yet to play 3, I held off when I heard the backlash about the ending to see if they would fix it before I just made myself angry by getting a bad ending and still havent picked up a copy,

But they had me at SCIENCE

The Ending for me the first time destroyed me but after the extended cut and the Citadel DLC they won me back over , i only play until right before casper the genocidal ghost then stop and just create my own ending :)

Mass Effect is proberly the greatist SCI-FI creation snice star wars and star trek. It deserves to be much more than a game in my opinon.  I loved playing as a Male and Female shepard and completed the game so many times i lost count haha. I love its deep history and character development, i love the methos of the mass effect universe and i hope it lives for many more years yet. As A Male shepard, I had all the women as my love intrest, but i think my most enjoyable play through was when i did ME1 to the end of ME3 with Lara T'soni as my main love interest. That seems to be the best scripted and some of the best romance script was between them too. But I also loved having Ashley too. I didn't enjoy the ME2 love interests in ME3, even with all the dlc not having them in your crew hurt me a bit, caus if you love them so much you would want to be with them wouldnt you?

Im not gonna go on about the ending, that was the only thing that ruined it for me and for a lot of people. I did not want my shepard to end the way it did, i think there should have been a few endings where you live, or at least one possible ending where you kick everyones ass, save the universe and get to enjoy life with your LI after the war was over. Even if it was impossible to get, but still there, would have made me play it even more than i did in general. Awesome games, awesome story, awesome acting. I cant fault the universe, and i hope they right the wrong of the ending and ME 4 blows the rest out of the water. :)

Just-Dayle and Dovahkiin like this

I loved the story and the characters. I believe Garrus is a badass, and my love interest was Liara since the others looked ugly to me. Haha. Through ME2 and my first playthrough of ME3 I stuck with the Sentinel class because I thought the armour skill was badass and I like being a bit tanky. Though when I was completing ME3 on Insanity I switched to adept as the crowd control and crowd destroying abilities were invaluable, and the Biotic Detonations take a certain percentage of health from an enemy rather than a number so it was very efficient even with the tougher enemies. I still play ME3 multiplayer to kill time, I love being able to play as the other races and try out new the skills. And the Geth Juggernaut is so badass with his near 5k shields. O.O

The multiplayer surprised me with how fun it was, Liara was my LI mainly too but im doing a playthrough now with Tali to see what its like

Dovahkiin and freereaperuk like this

Mass Effect is proberly the greatist SCI-FI creation snice star wars and star trek. It deserves to be much more than a game in my opinon.  I loved playing as a Male and Female shepard and completed the game so many times i lost count haha. I love its deep history and character development, i love the methos of the mass effect universe and i hope it lives for many more years yet. As A Male shepard, I had all the women as my love intrest, but i think my most enjoyable play through was when i did ME1 to the end of ME3 with Lara T'soni as my main love interest. That seems to be the best scripted and some of the best romance script was between them too. But I also loved having Ashley too. I didn't enjoy the ME2 love interests in ME3, even with all the dlc not having them in your crew hurt me a bit, caus if you love them so much you would want to be with them wouldnt you?

Im not gonna go on about the ending, that was the only thing that ruined it for me and for a lot of people. I did not want my shepard to end the way it did, i think there should have been a few endings where you live, or at least one possible ending where you kick everyones ass, save the universe and get to enjoy life with your LI after the war was over. Even if it was impossible to get, but still there, would have made me play it even more than i did in general. Awesome games, awesome story, awesome acting. I cant fault the universe, and i hope they right the wrong of the ending and ME 4 blows the rest out of the water. :)

Mass Effect 3 had some faults with LI mostly Jacob which i laughed at for so long, theres no plausible reason why he'd cheat on femshep, Thanes reason for not coming i understood and Miranda's and most of the ME2 crew really except maybe grunt or zaeed but thats just me :)

The multiplayer surprised me with how fun it was, Liara was my LI mainly too but im doing a playthrough now with Tali to see what its like

Yeah exactly. Multiple enemies with differing abilities, decent AI and then there large armory of weapons, skills and races/classes! Then the new-ish hazard maps and new classes. Awesome. I loved how they kept developing the multiplayer for a while.

Mass Effect was probably my favorite series for this generation! I should say that I do not expect much from this series, but when I played it for the first time, is was a real drug! My favorite is Mass Effect 2, even if the RPG aspect of Mass Effect 1 was better.

I loved Mass Effect 3, but like everyone else the end my totally disappointed and although I'm excited for Mass Effect 4, unfortunately I keep a certain distrcut for the new one.

Yeah exactly. Multiple enemies with differing abilities, decent AI and then there large armory of weapons, skills and races/classes! Then the new-ish hazard maps and new classes. Awesome. I loved how they kept developing the multiplayer for a while.

I loved all the new characters they put it to keep it fresh and the platinum challange, although my fav class was my original drell adept who i modelled after Thane :) the whole promoting to galaxy of war thing was a good idea although galaxy at war points resally dont mean anything as long as youve played the other two games and have at least some single player DLC, you really cant fuck it up i dont think "/

Hell yeah a big fan here quite possibly the best game series of all time (so far) 1 and 2 were the best three was also good if you discount that ending.

We can all agree that the ending is disappointing for everyone ^^

Halavo likes this

Mass Effect was probably my favorite series for this generation! It should say that I do not expect much from this series, but when I played it for the first, is was a real drug! My favorite is Mass Effect 2, even if the RPG aspect of Mass Effect 1 was better.

I loved Mass Effect 3, but like everyone else the end my totally disappointed and although I'm excited for Mass Effect 4, unfortunately I keep a certain distrcut for the new one.

Mass Effect was probably my favorite series for this generation! It should say that I do not expect much from this series, but when I played it for the first, is was a real drug! My favorite is Mass Effect 2, even if the RPG aspect of Mass Effect 1 was better.

4 will be fun but I wont have the same connection with the characters because to me Mass Effect is Shepards journey with the Normandy crew stopping the reapers. The series in my opinion should end with 3 but ill still at least give 4 a chance

Mass Effect 2 has one of my favorite quotes, "That makes Sir Isaac Newton the deadliest son-of-a-bitch in space" - some random Drill Sergeant.

That quote makes me long for Star Citizen but I digress, the Mass Effect series is awesome. I just finished ME1 again about 2 months ago to run a new class through ME2 and ME3. 

Mass Effect 2 has one of my favorite quotes, "That makes Sir Isaac Newton the deadliest son-of-a-bitch in space" - some random Drill Sergeant.

That quote makes me long for Star Citizen but I digress, the Mass Effect series is awesome. I just finished ME1 again about 2 months ago to run a new class through ME2 and ME3.

"Thats why we do not eye ball it" haha loved that guy, any idea what class you'll be playing as?

I loved all 3 of them and i played through all of them multiple times. But the ending of 3... Damn... I am looking forward to the next installment.

Just-Dayle likes this

I love the mass effect series. I still do playthroughs every now and then. The 2nd one is particular is something special, i could not put it down and its possibly my 2nd favourite game ever. The entire series is just amazing and the best games i have played on xbox, no question (wii has zelda and PS has MGS, otherwise ME would be untouched). 

Currently trying to beat ME2 on insanity but its brutal !

I enjoyed the first one, loved the second, liked the third until the last few missions gave no pay off for gathering those forces (the entire point of the game) and having the rushed and chopped up ending, I did enjoy the co-op though.

I love the mass effect series. I still do playthroughs every now and then. The 2nd one is particular is something special, i could not put it down and its possibly my 2nd favourite game ever. The entire series is just amazing and the best games i have played on xbox, no question (wii has zelda and PS has MGS, otherwise ME would be untouched). 

Currently trying to beat ME2 on insanity but its brutal !

2 was my favourite as well because i loved the squad :) insanity s got tough points like grunts loyalty mission and Horizon :( depends on the class though as i played as a soldier and just abused adrenaline rush to breeze through it.