• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CaptainKickass69

Xbox One in just a year.

7 posts in this topic

Note this is my opinion and feed back both negative or positive is appreciated as long as kept intelligent.

Last year was rough for the system as everyone knows but what about now. I personally love the Xbox One now despite a rough relationship last year. My biggest liking in it is the fan support in the community and the constant updates.

For those who don't know already Xbox One has been updating in major ways at least once every month and allows feedback from the community for what we want in updates and ontop of that there is Xbox Privew Dashboard that allows polls and votes on updates for even more feed back and fan support. This has made me, a gamer who was going for Sony in the Great War last year go and turn to Xbox for my most loved next gen console do mostly for these reasons. the graphics are impossible to tell apart between XB1 and PS4 so with all these perks it's good to say that yes the Xbox has become a console i'd recommend first for any gamer going New-Gen.

xbox-one-good.jpg

Doshka17 likes this

honestly altho pretty much every long-timer on AJSA forums knows i hate Microstuff, ill have to admit the only actual problem i got with the Xbone is the outdated hardware (compared to my gaming PC), the online services and of course the titles, other than that i honestly see no other reasons for me to dislike the console

in fact, i dislike the PS4 for the same reasons minus the online services (barely, i heard PSN was having alot of issues lately)

i bought a PS4 and sold it to my bestie, he didnt like it and sold it to a friend since he also decided to move in PC gaming with me (pretty much for the same motives)

so i think its safe to say consoles are still convenient nowadays but not worth it for everyone :mellow:

CaptainKickass69 likes this

I agree...
....somewhat.

Neither the Xbox one nor the PS4 really push the boundaries of what can be done technically.
Both sony and Microsoft pushed their respective consoles out early in order to avoid losing out, like microsoft did when the PS2 was released.

The result was an underpowered, and relatively unremarkable platform that, in my opinion, won't last too long before they reach the limits of the hardware.

In the meantime, both consoles will work well and sell well, although neither platform have achieved what they could have been capable of.

That's just my opinion though.

Sorry man but i dont really see the point of this thread. I mean if you like the xbox and wanna promote it thats one thing, but you say "major changes, listens to feedback", but you didnt provide a single example of one such major change? What are they? I know that they release it without kinect now which is good but thats the only one im aware of.

Sorry man but i dont really see the point of this thread. I mean if you like the xbox and wanna promote it thats one thing, but you say "major changes, listens to feedback", but you didnt provide a single example of one such major change? What are they? I know that they release it without kinect now which is good but thats the only one im aware of.

I'm pretty sure he is reffering to all of the software updates which include a lot of feedback from preview program members and on the forums. One example is now you can set dashboard background as custom images, solid colours, or achievement images.

Idk, I'm expecting an update where they'll change the dashboard completely. Then it will be either win or fail. 

I like PC's, but I'm horrible with a mouse and keyboard. Especially with FPS. Strategy games are alright, but I'm basically forced to play them on the PC now. Which saddens me. So, until they come out with a true strategy game on the console again, I will feel no matter what, they can do better. 

I agree...

....somewhat.

Neither the Xbox one nor the PS4 really push the boundaries of what can be done technically.

Both sony and Microsoft pushed their respective consoles out early in order to avoid losing out, like microsoft did when the PS2 was released.

This doesn't even make sense, the original Xbox was literally twice as powerful as the PlayStation 2. This not only allowed them to make better looking games, the console could also output 720p and 1080i for games via component cables.

Not sure what you're talking about, unless you're strictly saying the consoles were forced out of the gate. If that is the case I do not agree. The GameCube released the same week as the Xbox, not sure if you forgot about that. It wasn't about losing out, these systems were just ready when they were ready.

I mean hell, the same could be said of the PlayStation 2, the Dreamcast had nearly a two year lead on it... The reality is the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 were not forced out, maybe in a software capacity but not hardware. If they put in hardware more powerful than they did the cost would be too high, not only for them but the consumer as well.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0