• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Legolas_Katarn

Assassins Creed Unity Possible Framerate and Technical Problems on PS4, One, and PC

57 posts in this topic

Article and thread

Starting to see people I follow on twitter linking to reports of bad framerates and a lot of technical problems in Unity for the PC, PS4, and One. Looks like some of the usual stupid decisions for the PC as well. Uplay is working just fine.

After some of the people reporting this started getting replies and sharing some of those it looks like some people are experiencing a lot of problems like the above article says, some are having those problems often but not as much, and some people have only had issues a few times (if those people are all playing it on the PC, and that was your version of choice, good luck being someone with a setup that runs it well). Hopefully they fix some issues with a patch soon.

Maybe look at buying Valkyria Chronicles instead, much better performance reports on it.

This is pretty funny 11 seconds in.

The graphics don't look like what they are supposed to...or is that just me. Where is that epic looking lighting they showed in trailers and images?

The graphics don't look like what they are supposed to...or is that just me. Where is that epic looking lighting they showed in trailers and images?

In that video? They might have need another minute or two to load in.

In that video? They might have need another minute or two to load in.

Hmm I don't mind, I will look at the Youtube reviews later. Tbh I was really looking forward to this title but I'm not touching it if it's going to have huge framerate issues. I don't want another Watch Dogs.

JP with these specs http://itmejp.com/specs/ couldn't get 60fps while streaming (on just High settings at 900p resolution) averaged around 47-52fps with dips.  Was only running off of one of his 980s and had the most recent driver updates.

I played it for about an hour this morning and although I'm enjoying what little of the story I've seen, some neat characters, the graphics remind me of Watch Dogs. I haven't had many technical issues, but I would have preferred fewer NPC's with better models than what I get on my screen. I have a GTX 970 and I'm getting weird frame rate fluctuations between 30 and 60 fps and I'm only running it on High (as opposed to Very High and Ultra). Might try using the Nvidia Control Panel to lock it at 30fps and run it at Very High, see if that fixes things...

What's strange is the cut scenes seem to be rendered in engine (not prerendered) as it tanks my frame rate to around 40... so weird.

Damn you Nicolas Guerin for making this up! "Oh! We need this game to have more cinematic feel!"

JP with these specs http://itmejp.com/specs/ couldn't get 60fps while streaming (on just High settings at 900p resolution) averaged around 47-52fps with dips.  Was only running off of one of his 980s and had the most recent driver updates.

I saw that, TotalBiscuit is also having a lot of trouble with it. If those two are having problems that's not good.

Wow, incredibly mixed feelings on this game. I want so badly to love it. Arno and Elise are so charming, some of the side missions are quite fun (far better than previous AC games), the architecture and world is beautiful (the artists for this game did magical work), and the humor is right up my alley. The NPC models are absolutely horrible though, but I'm sure that's so they could cram way too many on my screen.

The main problem is how weirdly it functions. On one hand, I can lock to half refresh rate using the Nvidia Control Panel (can only lock to full refresh rate in game) and get a solid 30 fps at ultra high settings with my 970, even MSAA is at x4 and it rarely dips. On the other, if I even THINK about getting 60fps it's practically impossible to sustain it. I disabled ambient occlusion, dropped anti aliasing to FXAA only, all other settings at medium or high and it would NEVER go above 65-70fps just sitting there, even after relaunching the game if I changed textures. That sounds all good, right? No. If I want to lock at 60 and run around Paris... forget it. As soon as I do and move even an inch it'll drop from 60 to 40 to 45 back to 60. Over, and over, and over. Nothing I do will fix it.

This game was clearly ONLY optimized for 30fps (because of consoles, I'm sure) and no further optimization was done above that for PC to get 60fps to function correctly.

Why Ubisoft?! This game seems so wonderful otherwise!

Sites are still under review embargo but it's good to see some of them warning people about technical issues.

Sites are still under review embargo but it's good to see some of them warning people about technical issues.

How is there still an embargo? Is it still not out for some countries? The "WTF is..." video on this is most probably going to be "Unoptimized", "Poor port", "Looks ok" and "Nothing too new", and maybe even "Ubisoft is at it again".

Mr_E_Meatshield, on 11 Nov 2014 - 6:03 PM, said:

How is there still an embargo?

The Embargo was set to one day after release.

That alone should have sent alarm bells ringing.

Puntosmx likes this

I'll buy it when I get home and report back with my performance results, specs are located below.

Besides the bugs that Joe and Other joe ran into in their Stream, it looked like it ran properly for them.

Anyway, here's a comparison for the consoles:

Kinda glad that I'm not getting it any time soon. If it's going to be patched, it'll probably be fixed by the time that I do.

That's just way too many people, why even do that. Even in previous AC games, number of people was pefectly enough to create a great atmosphere.

That's just way too many people, why even do that. Even in previous AC games, number of people was pefectly enough to create a great atmosphere.

Because "NEXT GEN!!!!!!!!!!!"

If Next Gen means adding uncessary crap to make everything run at 0FPS, HELL YEAH!