• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Giving blood

10 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever given blood?

• Yes
    • No
    • I can't

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 posts in this topic

I've got an appointment to give blood in a few weeks time for the first time (I just became eligible), and I'm interested to hear what it's like to give blood before I jump in.

On a side note, I'd also encourage everyone to try and give blood. It's something very simple and easy to do that makes a massive impact.
For those in the UK: http://www.blood.co.uk/index.aspx

I highly, highly, recommend people do this, and for those in the UK that they also sign up for the Anthony Nolan trust. Anthony Nolan try to match willing donors of bone marrow to those people suffering with diseases of the blood, specifically cancers, with much the same idea.

As for the experience. I've never found it particularly painful except when a nurse once repeatedly missed my veins which is more painful than if they get it right first time but not enough to put me off enduring a few more jabs. I suggest you have a look at your arms and see if you think you can discern if one is 'veinier' than the other before going in. It can take a little time to go through getting registered and if you do it more than once you get a donor card which speeds the process up and gives you something to stick in your wallet with your blood type on it. I'm the always generous O-.

Arch and Kaz32 like this

I've given blood very often but I'm not allowed anymore due to medication. I also ecourage everyone to please spend blood.

Giving blood isn't as bad as you think. It's just the nurse sticking a needle into your veins. If you get a good nurse, it's not painful at all. It'll be over in a flash. But if you got a mean ass looking one, like this one nurse in Singapore that's rushing things, your arm will bruise for 3 days.

Remember: don't eat fatty food in the morning before you give blood. Your blood has to be as clean as possible so it'll be good when it's transfered to someone else. You can eat the day before of course.

One more thing. Good luck with it! It's a great thing to do and it helps out people in hospitals that needs it. You'll feel good knowing that your blood can save someone's life, especially if your blood type is O.

likes this

Tried once, was told I couldn't because I had a "chance of being a possible carrier or mad cow disease".

Go figure.

One thing that really disappoints me in the UK is that we still have discriminatory laws affecting gay people and their ability to give blood. Even if you partake in protected anal sex with a, as it could be at the New Year, spouse you will be barred from giving blood. I think that is a totally unacceptable policy based around the 80s AIDS scare.

I've given blood a few times and its really easy. As soon as they pull out a needle I just say "let me know when your done" and look the opposite direction. Its done really quick

I can give blood. It won't always be mine, of course, but I can give it.

But jokes aside, I always want to see a blood bank with a unique sense of humor.

blood-for-the-blood-god-7.png

Chumbry42 likes this

I did a couple times in Hong Kong. I just lay down, the nurse poke my arm, wait a little bit, and I'm done. Afterwards they gave me some orange juice and a mcchicken voucher. Pretty damn good deal.

I can give blood. It won't always be mine, of course, but I can give it.

But jokes aside, I always want to see a blood bank with a unique sense of humor.

blood-for-the-blood-god-7.png

That is the most awesome thing I have seen today

Sol Omega likes this

I give whenever i am eligible to, i get free cookies and OJ afterwards, Also yes blood for the blood god.