• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ghaleon

Did game prices just jack up everywhere or just here?

9 posts in this topic

Standard brand new AAA game has been 59.99 for like several years here... But just last eeek outta the blue in my local flyers all the AAA titles are going for 79.99. Did everyone get a big price hike or just vancouver/canada?

Not that im complaining, i know brazil and other countries have nasty ass pricing, just curious.

Standard brand new AAA game has been 59.99 for like several years here... But just last eeek outta the blue in my local flyers all the AAA titles are going for 79.99. Did everyone get a big price hike or just vancouver/canada?

Not that im complaining, i know brazil and other countries have nasty ass pricing, just curious.

Best Buy's flyers here in Toronto are listing GTA V for PS4 and X1 at $69.99, and it's the same for Futureshop. I doubt it's going to be higher in EB / Gamestop's flyers too. Steam prices are unchanged too, they're still the same as when they changed to Canadian Dollars.

not over here. new games for consoles (8th gen) are usually £50 or £45. 7th gen are £40 or £35. PC is cheaper overall.

Well here on Vancouver Island (to everyone not from Canada, yes it is a different place than Vancouver the city), its apparently only the next gen games that are 69.99. Even the same game but on the 360 is still 59.99. I've noticed its been like that since march when I got my xbox one

It's the same reason games in Australia cost more, economical standing, value of a dollar, cost of living, median household income and minimum wage standing. Your minimum wage takes a hike up to $10.25 an hour on Tuesday almost perfectly coinciding with this price increase.

Games have always been 59.99-79.99 here. I remember WoW being jacked up to 79.99 when it was first released. 79.99 seems to be a PC game thing. Most new ps4/xbone AAA titles are going to be 69.99. It's better to just buy digital if you are on PC.

oh it's a next gen thing? Sorry I didn't realize.

As for pc games yeah I normally DO buy digitally these days. I wasn't really talking about them though since they aren't exactly localized or regional or anything. I mean they adjust based on nation sure but meh.

I'm not sure what the standard price of games are anymore. Everything I buy is on sale or discounted in some way.

The beauty of PC Gaming.

fridgeracer likes this

Eh the standard everywhere i see in van is 69.99, unless there like "deluxe edition" aka we took out stuff to sell it for 10 more dollars edition. I should add i haven't bought anything for ps3, 360 in a while though so i assume there a bit cheaper.