• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KazeNilrem

DotA 2 - The Foreseer's Contract [Update]

17 posts in this topic

We are now on Day 2 for the Foreseer's Contract. With it, we have been given some more information regarding the new patch. Which of course includes the new hero, Oracle

Out of Chaos and Causality, the great Foreseer emerges.

Oracle has come to let you seize the fates of both friend and foe. Weave your power into a harmful bolt that stops your enemies and removes helpful auras. Or render an ally resistant to harmful magics. Combine either approach with your double-edged purifying flames, and you'll have all you need to aid or destroy. Still in danger? Delay an ally's doom with a false promise, and give them the time needed to see their destiny to its fullest. As Oracle, the future is always in your hands.

fortunes_end.pngFortune's End - Channel a power into a bolt of scouring energy that stops and removes buffs from enemies

fates_edict.pngFate's Edict - Briefly render a target immune to magic damage, while boosting all damage from other sources and removing their ability to attack.

purifying_flames.pngPurifying Flames - Instantly burn a friend or foe, then heal them slowly over time.

false_promise.pngFalse Promise - Grant an ally invisibility while moving and attacking. Any damage or healing they receieve will be delayed until the spell ends. 

Along with the new hero, Valve will be releasing the new Arcana item for Phantom Assassin. With it, there are a few changes that occur:

• Weapon Evolves and changes colors as Phantom Assassin Fulfills contracts
  • Enemies see a special splash effect when struck by a Coup de Grace
  • Phantom Assassin's kills are marked on the battlefield with a Paradox Memorial
  • Animated chat emoticon
  • Custom portrait and minimap icon
  • Includes custom spell effects for all of her abilities
  • New duel wielding animations
  • Altered voice
  • Custom hero and spell icons
  • Custom base skin with special ambient effects
  • Custom loadout pose and effects

Additional updates (International Compendium)

New Creep Models

Emboldened by the destruction of enemy structures, the Ancients have long had the ability to transform their creeps into larger, more imposing warriors to push even further into enemy strongholds. But a new transformation is afoot. Now the Dire creeps become more dire, the Radiant more radiant, each kind taking on architectural characteristics of their Ancient's fortifications. When the end is nigh, your creep waves will bring death to your enemy's doorstep.

Heroic Effigies

Those who purchased this year's Compendium for The International have a new way to display their heroism! Heroic Effigies are a new customization feature allowing players to sculpt their favorite hero, along with any items they have equipped, into a statue for their team's base.

To craft an Effigy, first grab your Effigy Block of Triumph, and then use it to open the Sculptor menu and begin posing your hero. After you've set your statue's equipment, pose, and written your inscription, you're ready to create your Effigy.

Once equipped from your loadout, your Heroic Effigy will appear in your team's base for all to see.

Compendium Gems & Emoticons

The Dormant 2014 Compendium Gems have finally awoken! Peek inside your armory and you'll discover a shiny new 2014 Compendium emoticon and a gem. Use the emoticon in chat, or slot the gem into an item to show off your International Compendium level.

Alongside these additions, there are a plethora of fixes to the game including some to the Network itself. 

http://www.dota2.com/oracle/day2

http://www.dota2.com/oracle/

mrfool likes this

My god. Dota 2 Comics? Yes. More. Just give us this. So much more of this.

Having personalities given to each Dota 2 Hero would make it so much easier for people to fall in love with a certain Hero.

What's more...it's free? I'd happily pay for something of this quality. GG Valve, you just won the Internet.

My god. Dota 2 Comics? Yes. More. Just give us this. So much more of this.

Having personalities given to each Dota 2 Hero would make it so much easier for people to fall in love with a certain Hero.

What's more...it's free? I'd happily pay for something of this quality. GG Valve, you just won the Internet.

I assume you have already seen this but if not, here is another. 

http://www.dota2.com/comics/are_we_heroes_yet/

Yeah looks like next week we will have oracle and PA arcana most likely a few other bits and pieces as well

So this is why valve didn't have a special event this year

Guessing so. Honestly, Diretide isn't really that fun. It's just an excuse to get free items. Much rather have the resources go to something like a PA Arcana and Oracle rather than a free hat fest.

mrfool likes this

So this is why valve didn't have a special event this year

Yes and no. Yes in the sense that this contributed. No in the sense that there is a plethora of other umm... entities being worked. Essentially they will be very busy for quite some time (pass New Years). Since big things are planned for next year.

mrfool likes this

This update will mean that all compendium rewards will of been given out with the exception of the Faceless Void remodel and the Spectre alternative voice pack. New PA arcana i like so already got mine.

Also Brood and Phoenix in CM praise lord Gaben  

This update will mean that all compendium rewards will of been given out with the exception of the Faceless Void remodel and the Spectre alternative voice pack. New PA arcana i like so already got mine.

Also Brood and Phoenix in CM praise lord Gaben  

I would just like to point out the icon for the PA arcana ult:

oP5hiHJ.png

Foxygen likes this

I would just like to point out the icon for the PA arcana ult:

oP5hiHJ.png

Lol is that for real??

I didnt saw that.

I'm just gonna point out that imo Oracle is gonna be broken as fuck. Let him ult ally hard carry = rapefest.

Also low cd nuke. Only thing that stops this guy from being the ultimate support is his mana.

Lol is that for real??

I didnt saw that.

It's been changed to a much cooler icon, dw. 

NX57wsc.png

Source: http://www.dota2.com/store/itemdetails/20684

(P.S. Hover your mouse over the ult icon)

Still, people may not like her voice. I like it, but matter of personal opinion:

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/8/88/Phass_arc_kill_05.mp3