• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Shagger

PC recommendations?

21 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if this is quite the right place to put this (apologies if it's not), but I've just built a gaming PC for the first time in years and looking for some good PC exclusives to start off with. MMO's, MOBA's and Strategy games in particular would be cool because there aren't very many of those on console. Any potentially useful applications or websites you can recommend then I'd appreciate that to

Thanks in advance.

fridgeracer likes this

A lot of people seem to be liking Smite. Total War Shogun 2 and its expansion also seem to be a sure thing. Guild Wars 2 is also pretty solid. I also hear Path of Exile is a good Free-to-Play Online Diablo-like RPG.

Shagger likes this

Congratulations on getting your PC. Welcome to the PC Mouse & Keyboard race!

I'm not much into MMOs but here are a few: Guild Wars 2, World of Warcraft, Archeage (free to play)

MOBAs: League of Legends, DOTA 2, Smite

And I can't suggest any strategy games, not much of a strategy person. 

Useful applications? Get yourself a antivirus lol

AVG is pretty good and it's free.

I don't know what other useful apps you could need anymore.

Shagger likes this

Congratulations on getting your PC. Welcome to the PC Mouse & Keyboard race!

I'm not much into MMOs but here are a few: Guild Wars 2, World of Warcraft, Archeage (free to play)

MOBAs: League of Legends, DOTA 2, Smite

And I can't suggest any strategy games, not much of a strategy person. 

Useful applications? Get yourself a antivirus lol

AVG is pretty good and it's free.

I don't know what other useful apps you could need anymore.

Thanks for the tip. I've highlighted that part of post because, ironically, one of the first things I did once I was set up was download a driver to use my XB1 controller! lol

This also looks pretty interesting:

Bought it, but haven't played it myself.

Strategy: Crusader Kings 2, Valkyria Chronicles, Endless Legend, Endless Space, Sins of a Solar Empire, Civilization 5 with the expansions, Door Kickers, Age of Wonders 3, Europa Universalis 4.

Shagger and J2D like this

I think i have a 50% off steam coupon still for endless space btw, if it hasnt expired yet it will soon, but it is tradeable.

Shagger likes this

I'd suggest Smite and LoL. (I personally like Smite a bit more, but my friend digs LoL a lot), they are both free to play and require tactics and team play to win.

Rome Total War and Rome Total War 2 are both great games. Civilization V you should definently check out. Command & Conquer games are awesome too.

Shagger likes this

world of warcraft - the best mmorpg

audio surf - race a space ship avoiding obstacles while listening to your own music. obstacles and tracks are randomised depending on the tone of your music.

chivalry medieval warfare (not the new one, the old one) - sword fighting online fps

elder scrolls 5 skyrim - the only version worth playing, endless mods and custom made storylines / quests to do.

flat out ultimate carnage - excellent demolition derby style racing game. has controller support too.

hotline miami - the best version of the drug infused murder game. keyboard and mouse is the most fun.

portal 1 and 2 - 2 of the best puzzle games to ever exist.

civilization 5 - build an empire and take over the world!

counter strike GO - the only "serious" fps game you should play in my opinion. this over cod and battlefield any day.

amnesia the dark decent - prepare to shit yourself out of your mouth.

just cause 2 - a really fun enormous game a bit like GTA. if you wanted a GTA game that felt BIG, this is it. it takes a long time to get to places.

loadout - a fantastic free to play but not pay to win fps made by the same people (i think) that did team fortress 2. has the same engine and you can make your own weapons.

that should be enough for now, should you consider any of them. welcome to the PC master race. we salute you. o7

Shagger likes this

CS:GO

Arma 3

South park

Civilization

Torchlight 2

Path of exile

Minecraft (Don't judge)

Insurgency

Alien swarm (Really fun FREE indie game)

If you are going to get into FPS though then I would honestly suggest Counter strike or Insurgency. However Insurgency has a massive learning curve but it is quite cheap on humble bundle right now if I remember correctly.

Shagger likes this

world of warcraft - the best mmorpg

hotline miami - the best version of the drug infused murder game. keyboard and mouse is the most fun.

portal 1 and 2 - 2 of the best puzzle games to ever exist.

just cause 2 - a really fun enormous game a bit like GTA. if you wanted a GTA game that felt BIG, this is it. it takes a long time to get to places.

WoW isn't necessarily the best, it's just the most successful.

Holine Miami being more fun on Mouse and Keyboard is completely subjective. There are people who say that the Vita version is the best one, and personally when I played on PC, I performed better on this particular game when using the controller.

Portal 1 and 2 aren't exclusive.

How could you not mention how the multiplayer of Just Cause 2 is PC exclusive and a free patch? Your PC Master Racist Race Card should be revoked for this alone.

Want to get the most out of your PC? Look no further!

The Witcher 2

Sleeping Dogs (Looks great on PC.)

Starcraft 2 (Strategy)

Path of Exile (THe real spiritual successor to Diablo 2.)

Diablo 2 (Old but a god damn good game.)

Xcom - Enemy Unknown (Strategy)

Heroes of Might and Magic 3 (Old one, but one of the best turn based strategy games ever.)

Dark Messiah of Might and magic (The premiere kicking orcs down cliffs, into the spikes, burning them for breakfast, using ICE to slide the orc down a cliff, or into spikes. The possibilies on how to kill orcs are endless! . Or at least they feel new every time!).. Another old game but still holds up!

League of Legends

Dota 2

Civilization games (2, 4, 5 etc.)

Payday 2 is a good amount of fun.

Mount and Blade: Warband is good as fuck (Strategy - Action - Army management - Fucking nations over - WAAAAR)

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

If you have any racing or fighting games you can still use your consoles gamepad as well (+ If your friends come over and you have a HDMI cable, then you can still play most racing games in multiplayer on your TV.)

Most new games that come out on both consoles and PC's are better on PC nonetheless. So enjoy your better looking graphics and 60 fps. 

+So many people recommend games that are both of PC and consoles anyway and as he used to be a console gamer than he most likely has played them already. D:

Shagger likes this

Xcom - Enemy Unknown (Strategy)

With expansion and Long War mod.

Shagger likes this

Strategy? You're in the right place Soldier:

- Warcraft III + Frozen Throne + as many Tower defense and hero line wars maps you can get is an absolute must have.

- Supreme Commander + Forged Alliance

- Star Wars Empire at War + Forces of Corruption

- Total War series (Especially Shogun 2 +Rise of the Samurai + Fall of the Samurai)

- Command and Conquer (till Red Alert 2 or Generals)

- Sins of Solar Empire

- Homeworld

- Act of War

- World in Conflict

- Codename Panzers

- Blitzkrieg series

- Sudden Strike

- Panzer Korps

- Panzer Tactics HD

- Warhammer 40k Dawn of War series

- Starcraft 1 and 2

- Earth 2140, 2150 and 2160

- Planetary Annihilation

Moba: LoL, Dota, Smite, Heroes of the Storm

MMO: Hellgate Global, Guild Wars 2, WoW, Aion, Rift, Wildstar, The Secret World, Black Desert, World of Tanks, Everquest 2, Mount and Blade, Age of Conan, SWOTOR, Defiance...

Shagger likes this

Thank all of you both before and after this post for you suggestions.

fridgeracer likes this

WoW isn't necessarily the best, it's just the most successful.

Holine Miami being more fun on Mouse and Keyboard is completely subjective. There are people who say that the Vita version is the best one, and personally when I played on PC, I performed better on this particular game when using the controller.

Portal 1 and 2 aren't exclusive.

How could you not mention how the multiplayer of Just Cause 2 is PC exclusive and a free patch? Your PC Master Racist Race Card should be revoked for this alone.

Ah I sense hostility because you seem to think if I have an opinion different to yours I am not entitled to share it on the forums.

FYI pc master race is a joke if you research it's origins. It's not a stab at console gamers.

I don't have time for haters and forum bullies. Welcome to my ignore list.

As for the OP, glad we could be of help enjoy your new gaming pc mate.

Ummm... let's see...

- OpenTTD with the original Windows CD version graphics and music files (hard to get legit version of those)

- Dwarf Fortress

- Modded Minecraft

- Gmod

- Kerbal Space Program

- I Wanna Be The Guy and it's fangames (if you like pain)

- FTL with Captains edition mod

- Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm

FYI pc master race is a joke if you research it's origins. It's not a stab at console gamers.

Yes, and I was also making a joke about it. Do you really think that I think that anyone who spouts PC Master Race are racist? See how jokes could get misunderstood and offend? I would've thought that pointing out how you missed a vital piece of information on how the PC version of Just Cause 2 is better than the console version would convey that.

The PC Master Race "Joke" is getting pretty old though, and thought it could do with a bit of a new spin.

Then there's the people who take the "Joke" a bit too far. After all, the "Joke" originated from Yahtzee Crowshaw making fun of PC Elitists, who then took the term and appropriated it to their benefit. They also started using the terms"Console Peasants" or "Console Plebs"  to further inflate their ego. So take the term "PC Master Racist Race" an evolution of the "Joke".

Ah I sense hostility because you seem to think if I have an opinion different to yours I am not entitled to share it on the forums. 

I was expressing a different opinion than yours, and explaining how others may not share your opinions too. Surely people are allowed to do that as well. Well except for that Portal 1 & 2 one, that's a fact that Portal 2 isn't a PC Exclusive.

If you can remember this thread, I clearly state that though I disagree with your views and opinions, you're still entitled to them.

---

Anyway, I'd like to add Battle Realms for the Strategy Games.

Oh yeah, the warlords series (particularly 2 and 3) are great old tbs games, warlords battlecry 2 is a great rts version, there's a 3 but i didnt like it as much for good reasons that i cant seem to recall anymore... Just dont play warlords battlecry 2 after playing homm4, the bgm is more than coincidentally similar, itll drive you nuts.

Forgot about this:

I was pretty intrigued with the game while watching this, but I haven't bought it yet.