• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

InsaneValkyria

What Console should I get and why?

22 members have voted

1. 1. What Console should I buy?

• WiiU
    • PS4
    • Xbox One

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 posts in this topic

Hey my fellow Soldiers...

So I am thinking of bying a new Console next month but I cant really decide..

So maybe you guys can help me decide. Soo ya like the title said tell me what and why i should!

Thanks in advance 

greetz

~Chris

Faravahar1200 likes this

depends:

You like Jump n Runs? backward Compatiblity? you put Gameplay and Fun over Grafics? want Bugfree games? Buy a WiiU

You want a all in one Multimedia Machine? Buy a XBOX One

You like Grafics and great Remakes? Buy a PS4

missing option number 4: gaming PC. you should get that one.

if you already have one, and want console exclusives, then i would have to say the wii U. whatever is really good on the PS4 or xbox one usually is also on the PC. end of the day it boils down to exclusives. nintendo has the best exclusive games on any console.

xbox got things like forza, halo, sunset overdrive, PS got things like uncharted, last of us, gran turismo, metal gear solid... but nintendo has a shit tonne more excellent exclusive games. so gaming PC i would say is the priority. if that is covered, then a wii U i would say is next.

it's also the only 8th gen console that can do backwards compatibility and every game is in full HD (1080p). so if you for example really liked donkey kong tropical freeze, then it will also play donkey kong country returns from the original wii. if you got yourself a PS4 and really liked for example, uncharted 4, well... you would have to buy a PS3 to play uncharted 1-3, unless they make a remastered PS4 edition for each of those games. wii U doesn't need any of that. just put the wii original disc in and play. that simple.

personally i dont think an xbox one or a PS4 is worth it right now because they have very few exclusives. maybe next xmas when things like halo 5 and uncharted 4 have released then it could be worth it then, but right now... console-wise, wii U, no contest in my opinion. 

Orpo and InsaneValkyria like this

Well I already own a Gaming PC i just want a new Console :D But still cant really decide. I already excluded the Xbone just because I dont really like it that much xD

But now its a battle between WiiU and PS4 ^^

all of it are good  but get a one that you think it's best for you  ;)

I personally would go for the WiiU. Only console I can ever see myself buying again cause I don't feel Nintendo is trying to screw me.

fridgeracer likes this

As someone who has an XB1, PS4 as well as a gaming PC, I can tell you it depends entirely on what exclusives you prefer and types of games you intend to play on it.

I will say though, I would say a PS4 and especially a WiiU will have allot of games that will never appear on PC, whereas the XBox One "exclusives" often get port to the PC at some point

Well i really think the WiiU is the Console for me not only the Console is backwards compatible. It also has alot of Games which i really want. Bayonetta 2, Monster Hunter Ultimate for example. The only thing iam interessted in the PS4 is Bloodborne. Alright well its setled :D Iam gettin the WiiU

Basically what Dim TIm said. Really it comes down between PS4 or WiiU as I see it seen exclusives are going to be the main factor (as well as depending on friends online and what they have). Right now the only exclusive Microsoft has for itself is the MCC and Sunset Overdrive which is being talked about might having a port to PC (rumors mostly but seeing how most of the X1 exclusives have made it to PC it wouldn't be surprising).

Personally being the biased guy I am I would probably say PS4 because well I just enjoy Sony exclusives and Bloodborne next year is my achilles heel (damn you Miyazaki XD).

But ignoring my bias and going by the number of exclusives either console has Nintendo. They have the edge on exclusives.

Ultimately it depends on which game system you like the exclusives more to.

InsaneValkyria likes this

Ya well PS4 sounds like i said really good but buying the PS4 now just to wait until Bloodborne is out is stupid. Thats why i decided to buy the WiiU. I really like nintendo sure they made some stupid decisions Tomodachi Life for example. But still they diddnt forget what is most important in the Industry and that is havin fun in your games. :) And i just cant wait to get it :D Just to play some Super Smash Bros which comes out 2 weeks before i can buy myself the Console. 

And to be honest i think Nintendo won the Console wars of this generation in my opinion sure its still relative early but its the only console with decent Games.

Just look at all the other Consoles PS4,Xbone all the game which are out are rather shit in my opinion. But owell

Jackie likes this

I say Wii U. Best exclusives in the business. Granted you're not getting 3rd party games but that's what you have your PC for.

fridgeracer likes this

Do you have, have you considered a handheld? 3ds IMO has a better library than anything else atm imo, particularly if it can play ordinary ds carts too if you dont have, not sure if it can.

Dont buy a console unless there are at least a few games on it you really want, otherwise you may as well wait for more price drops until then.

Judging your profile pic (and maybe name), you should get a Ps3.

There's a lot of shit you're missing out on if you never got a ps3.

That, and everything is about dirt cheap and some of the Ps4 exclusives are coming out on the Ps3 as well (Guilty Gear Xrd!!!!).

Judging your profile pic (and maybe name), you should get a Ps3.

There's a lot of shit you're missing out on if you never got a ps3.

That, and everything is about dirt cheap and some of the Ps4 exclusives are coming out on the Ps3 as well (Guilty Gear Xrd!!!!).

Who are you refering to? 

If you talk to me i dont get what you want with my profile pic xD as for my name i just love mythologie and has nothing to do with valkyria chronicles xD

Also well PS3 isn really my cup of tea especially that all the Games i want to play on it i already have for Xbox360 xD 

And if you dont refere to me just ignore my post :D

Prob thinks your profile pic means you're into anime-styled games, jrpgs, fighting games, etc... Ps3 is indeed a wonderful system for that.

Sol Omega likes this

Prob thinks your profile pic means you're into anime-styled games, jrpgs, fighting games, etc... Ps3 is indeed a wonderful system for that.

Probably well iam into anime and jrpgs and stuff but meh ^^

so it's settled. nintendo won this thread.

I'd like to see it as the OP won since now he / she gets to play games that he wants to on the platform that he chose.

You all right :D also big brother is still a thing? jesus christ 

If you are a PC-Gamer whop just wants a console in addition, the WiiU is probably the best choice. It is the cheapest of the bunch, and it has the most exclusives that deliver an experience, that is harder to find on PC.

If you are however a 'filthy console peasant', a serious consolero, the WII U might have not enough games for you. Sometimes there are months between new releases... there where only like 4 or 5 AAA-Games on the Wii U this year. So you should probably go with one of the other two systems. The PS4 is marginaly more powerfull, but that had really tiped the sales massively in Sonys favour. It looks like Microsoft tries to catch up with the price point. After the XBOX One was massively more expensive on launch, it's now in bundles that are 30-40 bucks cheaper than the same Bundle with a PS4. If you don't really care for every little bit of performance, waiting for another price drop by microsoft might be worth it.

Why no love for the 3ds whyy..

Because soon there will be a new 3ds, which is litterally named 'New 3ds'. I wonder if they will call the next one litterally 'The Successor of the now obsolete New 3ds'