• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Twenty9Twelve

Is it just me?

25 posts in this topic

I'm kind of new here, and I'm still getting to know the forums and the people here, but I came on today and just had to get something off my chest.

Is it just me that just wants to play games and not get caught in all this bullshit? Seriously, this forum is starting to piss me off, I can't even take a step without seeing someone moaning about this game or that developer or this reviewer or that publisher.

Why can't people just be happy playing games? I'm not saying you have to like it when publishers do stupid ass things to earn an extra buck, I just don't want to spend my free time reading about it. We get it, Ubisoft are dicks, there doesn't have to be a thousand threads from people boycotting their games and moaning about their actions.

Why is it people on here seem so quick to complain? I saw a thread on here the other day about Telltales 'Tales from the Borderlands', which looks like a great concept, and got about 3 replies, yet every negative thread has pages of responses from everyone and their mothers joining in to complain about some bullshit or another. I saw another thread from some guy wanting people to join him on AC Unity, a perfectly reasonable thread to make, it got one reply, which was just some sarcastic guy flaming for no reason.

I know this is a bit of an exaggeration, I'm sure there are happy corners to these forums, but this general area seems to have a daily influx of negativity that stomps all over my will to game.

I think it's more that people really like to argue.

I agree that there is alot of threads talking about the same things, the bad things.

But i think it's mostly on the top of the forum, even if it takes a bit to get trough the top part.

The rest of the threads actually talks about stuff that does not involve anything hatefull. 

And the best way to handle all the hate post, if you don't like them then simply ignore them 

It's an unfortunate side effect of society/humanity/whatever: it's 10x easier to say something negative then to say something positive.

It's not even about arguing, just look at that topic about the Ubisoft "employee" complaint. The closest thing to an argument in there is that I said it's not a credible link, which was summarily ignored in favor of everyone complaining (and agreeing) about how awful Ubisoft is. It's just in our nature.

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this

Just spend your time in off-topic forum.

That's the best sub-forum!

Although in all seriousness, it's just bad timing. A lot of shit is happening at the moment (holidays, gamergate, EA/Ubisoft, a lot of disappointing releases, etc). Usually, there's a lot of happy threads.

Besides, I feel like if we ever want gaming to get to a serious place we do need to talk about stuff that plagues gaming. So while that means a lot of negative things will have to come up, we can at least try to figure out how to fix them, whether it be harassment, representation of others, politics, etc.

People love complaining when they got nothing better to do. I feel your pain mate, pisses me off when I see people complaining about EA, about Ubisoft, about Assassin's Creed and about this and about that. But then again, this is a gaming forum, people like to discuss gaming, which also includes complaining about gaming. Publishers and developers aren't helping the cause much with their horrible releases lately but then again, no reason to open 20 threads on the same topic.

It's one thing you going to have to get used to though. Just visit some other threads or read positive threads, that's all. Not much can change.

And for those who like to complain, here you go:

Ubisoft: https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/en-us/contact_us.aspx

EA: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

But yeah, overall it's one thing you going to have to get used to.

I think publishers and developers are part of gaming, if they continually make sub par games then it is going to irritate people who do just want to play games.

It is especially hard if a group can make good games, Bioware for example, but also makes sub par ones. It comes with the territory as far as I know. Doesn't mean we do not enjoy playing games, we do. We just get frustrated about things in the gaming industry too and want to vent that is all.

I get that people feel the need to vent, and I get that it's not a great time for gaming right now. Hell, the other day I felt the temptation to start a thread asking when the last time was that there was such a disappointing year in gaming. But a) I don't get why there has to be thread after thread made with titles like "who is the most corrupt publisher in gaming", "I'm boycotting Ubisoft games, whos with me?", "Well done, Call of Duty. You did it again!", "Ubisoft starts ringing alarm bells AGAIN", "Whats the WORST game of 2014?", etc. etc. etc. etc. and B) I don't get what feeling the need to vent has to do with the lack of response in threads from people wanting to talk about positive things in gaming? Or why people trying to extend an olive branch should get flamed, with seemingly nothing done about it, like this:

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/24552-assassins-creed-unity-club/

Yea, sure, I can ignore the flow of negative threads that come through, I can "get used to it", but that's not really problem solved, is it?

and I get that it's not a great time for gaming right now

This is the best time for gaming.

The younger gamers have just started to learn not to get too hyped about big name titles lately, that all. A lesson the rest of us learned 10-20 years ago.

i understand what you mean, OP, but as it has been said here already, this year for gaming has not been great - which is why there's generally more complaining about gaming on here and the internet than positive things.

this is mainly however across sony, microsoft, and PC camps. go over to nintendo camp and everyone's pretty much happy. i was over on the nintendo sub forum not too long ago asking some questions and there was no negativity from anyone.

the complaining as apex said, is a factor that simply has to be put up with, especially on "general discussion".

but that's not what pisses me off. what pisses me off, is when you write anything, normally it is your opinion. anyone writing anything or saying anything, is generally their opinions / their take on things. but some people (3 of which i have had to add to ignore list because they are THAT bad) refuse to let you have that right of opinion.

they go on to take your posts and make gigantic walls of eye bleeding text about why they believe you are wrong and only they are right. and i can't report on that because that's THEIR opinion, but it ruins the experience on these forums and simply makes me want to just leave. i hate it when the vast majority is civil and nice but only a small handful ruin everything with their rudeness and inability to accept people have different opinions.

if i see someone has a different opinion to mine, i don't go writing walls of text to that person on why i believe they are wrong. what is the point in that? they think what they want to think, and i think what i want to think. why ruin a thread by going in 1 thousand lines "YOU ARE WRONG I AM RIGHT"?

whatever.

(3 of which i have had to add to ignore list because they are THAT bad)

There's an ignore list!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Yeah... Just go to your preferences (I think that's where that was) and type the unwitting suckers name down! :ph34r:

Edit: My quote buttons broken, so forgive me on that one.

Sol Omega likes this

There's an ignore list!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Yeah, he put me there because I disagreed with him and joked about the "Master Race" and thought I was hating on him. I explained why I said what I said, and why I disagreed, he's still allowed to say what he wants to say. It seems that putting me in the ignore list for that is more of what he's saying about "I'm right, you're wrong, end of discussion" type deal. Doing this shuts out everyone who disagrees with you and gives the "Your opinion doesn't matter" vibe more so than simply disagreeing with an individual and explaining why. I repeat, I have nothing against the guy, but I definitely didn't agree with what he said, and I also explained why.

This whole "You're harassing me because you disagree with me a lot" isn't exactly social promoting behavior either.

---

Now as per the topic at hand, the General Sub-Forum is where a lot of discussions about gaming events or issues take place. If you go into one of the gaming Sub-Forums, there are people there who are trying to play games, and get together with other like-minded folk who also want to play games.

These topics like "Which company is the most corrupt", "Ubisoft is being Dastardly", they're just showing up because of the news that's surfaced recently.

Sol Omega likes this

negativity happens. If you don't like it. Be positive.

Someone has to be and it's sure as hell not gonna be me.

It's not just this forum. It's the entire fucking internet. Hell, it's the entire WORLD. I'm as tired of it as you are, believe me.

I'm fine if someone is pointing out legitimate problems, but if it's just "DAE boobisoft sux????", then yeah. It's pretty annoying.

You shouldn't take it so personally bud.

Yeah...

I mean, it's not like we're saying you're worse than the holocaust, that you should get cancer, that you're scum of the earth, that you're a misogynist/racist cis male anti-social loser, that you're a mouth breathing greasy fingered fat ass piece of shit, that your mere existence is a blight on mankind, and that you and other gamers should be grouped up and then systematically exterminated. That you are dead.

For me, that's the stuff that gets me down and not want to play video games.

We just get into little tissies about Corporate Commander stuff. Because we're customers/consumers.

And we just love vidya gaems.

We hate to see good potential to go to waste because of "Mo Mon-ay."

Day 1 DLC, Shitty early access, season passes, various in game purchases, pay to win, disk locked content, etc etc.

General Bravo likes this

Yeah...

I mean, it's not like we're saying you're worse than the holocaust, that you should get cancer, that you're scum of the earth, that you're a misogynist/racist cis male anti-social loser, that you're a mouth breathing greasy fingered fat ass piece of shit, that your mere existence is a blight on mankind, and that you and other gamers should be grouped up and then systematically exterminated. That you are dead.

For me, that's the stuff that gets me down and not want to play video games.

I got a chuckle out of "mouth breathing greasy" 4Head

Sol Omega likes this

Meh, I hang around here when I'm bored or have nothing to play. Lately, though, I'm here only when I'm a work. I use the free time to play me games and watch me anime. Or just hangout every now and again with friends.

I should think it goes without saying that a community whose very name is centered around an internet personality who gets mad at games will contain some people angry with certain games. That, and things haven't been the best in gaming lately. I suppose people can always find things to complain about even when things are fine, but simply put, things are not fine in the gaming world right now. Complaining on forums may not get much done, granted, but sometimes it's complaining on forums that lead to actual action, hopefully action that helps improve the games industry.

Mr_E_Meatshield and Sol Omega like this

Just spend your time in off-topic forum.

That's the best sub-forum!

Although in all seriousness, it's just bad timing. A lot of shit is happening at the moment (holidays, gamergate, EA/Ubisoft, a lot of disappointing releases, etc). Usually, there's a lot of happy threads.

I'm just surprised this post hasn't been censored yet...

Sol Omega likes this

When we get a decent game we don't actually complain. We usually highly recommend it however this year hasn't exactly had any recommendations come my way. I'm still recommending CS:GO to people which came out a couple of years ago. As a gaming forum though you can't really blame the people that actually look a little deeper into the games rather than just the casual play through. There is people out there that look beyond the game and more into the development side of things and see things that are a little shoddy. Granted some forums do seem like they are just a complete complaint fest. (I have seen COUNTLESS of forums posts about EA and quite frankly it's getting really old) However sometimes you will find that forum post that yeah is probably complaining about the development side but has actually researched his findings and usually quite informative. These are the posts I watch out for.

I refuse to look at a post that says "Ubisoft/EA have done it again" If you know they are going to keep making games you don't like....

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU BUYING THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

You know how different countries are associated with different sports, or activities? The activity the Internet on a whole seems associated with is complaining. You really can't go anywhere on the Internet without some people trying to pick something apart, and make it out to be junk for some potentially idiotic reason or another.

Seen people playing very PvE centric games for the exceedingly minimal PvP tacked onto the side of it, that's really just there so the devs can say it has PvP. Then after months, or years of trying to play it just for the PvP, some people start trolling around various related forums constantly complaining how everything, and everyone associated with the game is shit, because those trolls don't think the PvP in it is good enough, attack anyone that likes the game, call anyone playing it for the PvE morons, and tell people no one should ever even think of starting to playing it, yet they still try playing it for just the PvP. Another example is Steam achievements, even if the game itself is bug free, is really good, and right up the alley of that person, just because a few of the Steam achievements aren't working perfectly, they refuse to play the game, and tell others it's not worth playing/getting.

Another example is Steam achievements, even if the game itself is bug free, is really good, and right up the alley of that person, just because a few of the Steam achievements aren't working perfectly, they refuse to play the game, and tell others it's not worth playing/getting.

My computer can't run it. Downvote. Don't recommend.

My computer can't run it. Downvote. Don't recommend.

Yeah that's pretty silly too, sort of like how I saw this one person give a digital to analog converter a rating of zero, because what they actually wanted to buy was an analog to digital converter. Mind you I find the Steam achievements thing to be even more absurd, as the game itself is functional in every way, it's just this added Steam thing attached to it that is having some issues.