• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

IrishRogue

Unpopular Gaming Opinions

159 posts in this topic

Everybody can't like everything, if they did the world would be a boring place. As such, what are opinions about games/series/consoles/etc. that you have that a majority of others would disagree with?

I'll go first and say that GTA San Andreas is the most overrated game of all time. While the aiming system is great and the content plenty I just couldn't get into it. The characters aren't great, the story is kind of meh, the upgrade system isn't really worth investing in and vehicle controls besides cars aren't great (damn you tiny planes!).

Dane2hip48, Silverfox and Emphase like this

Assassins Creed is much better when it sticks to City gameplay rather than ships and exploration. AC4 sets the groundwork for a great Pirates of the Caribbean game, but it's one of the worst AC games.

Dane2hip48 and Silverfox like this

I thought Assassin's Creed 1 was best Assassin's Creed.

I think some free to play games are amazing.

I think the call o dooty campaigns are fun.

I think the first Dragon Age was boring as shit. Decent story though. Morigan best girl.

I think the extended cut for Mass Effect 3 only puts a band-aid on a hole in a dam.

I think Street Fighter 4 and all of it's revisions suck ass.

I think MvC3 and UMvC3 suck ass. Fun, but still a pile of crap.

I played Fallout 3 four times. I'm not even half way done with New Vegas... I got bored of it.

I think early access games are a great idea.

I think indie games can be better than AAA games and pave a way to a new gaming boom.

I think Kickstarter is great.

I think people should turn the free to play mmos into regular games when they shut down so people can still play them.

I think MineCraft is boring (yet I play Starbound).

I think Fable 2 was best Fable. Fable 1 was good. Fable 3....... Well...... Fable Heroes was better.

That's all I got at the moment.

The Elder Scrolls games aren't that fun, with the exception of Morrowind. Even Morrowind gets boring after a while, though. I guess I'm just not a fan of sandbox-y type games.

FlurpDurp likes this

The Elder Scrolls games aren't that fun, with the exception of Morrowind. Even Morrowind gets boring after a while, though. I guess I'm just not a fan of sandbox-y type games.

Same.

Except I think I just got burnt out from Oblivion and Fallout 3...

Oh and I think Mortal Kombat has shit controls.

I thing Skyrim isn't that great and was overhyped.

Minecraft is rather dull.

Lair wasn't a terrible game, just had a poor implimentation of the six axis.

ME3 Extended cut didn't fix anything.

Bad Company 2 was my favorite Battlefield game (and probably will be until BF2143 comes out).

I liked the gameplay/shooting mechanics of ME1 better than 2 and 3.

Yearly sports games are a blight on the industry and directly led to the annualization of series like CoD and AssCreed.

FlurpDurp likes this

I loved playing E.T ..........

nuff said lol 

1qXvG79.gif

The horror.....please....anything but that XD

Silverfox likes this

• Skyrim is boring.
  • The only good shooters out there are the ones without multiplayer (generalizing here; still loved CoD 4).
  • Open world games are boring or have just too much shit to do that sidetracks you.
  • GTA IV is probably the best GTA ever (up there with Vice City).
  • There is no "MOBA" genre as it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
  • Supergiant Games have the best music ever in their games.
  • Final Fantasy VII has the best characters ever whereas IX has the best story ever.
  • Games that have been localized in English from Japanese have some of the most cringe worthy dialogue ever (FF X springs to mind, though that game's dialogue in general is rather cringe worthy).
  • Final Fantasy has the worst combat and/ or encounter mechanic ever (FUCK random encounters).

That about covers what I can think of off the top of my head.

I don't dislike EA, nor do I think they're the worst company in gaming. I just don't buy from Origin that often because they, like Xbox Live charge tax on top of what the games cost unlike Steam and PSN. If I want a game from them, or from any company really, I'll eventually get it.

I thought Final Fantasy 7 was just ok.

I liked Halo 4's campaign.

Bad Company 2 was my favorite Battlefield game (and probably will be until BF2143 comes out).

Thought that was what a lot of people thought.

-I think LEGO games are some of the best games ever.

-Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is my favorite AC game.

-Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game is not complete shit. It's just a skin of Street Fighter 2.

-With the exception of South Park: TSoT, I can't stand turn-based RPGs.

-Call of Duty: Black Ops has my favorite story of the series.

-I think Crysis 3 is fun.

-I fell in LOVE with Skyrim but never finished the game.

-I thought Watch_Dogs was a very fun open world game.

-I don't care about graphics, as long as a game has GOOD graphics, I'm fine with it, which is not a problem because games look great today.

Here's one. I love playing FIFA. I buy it every year, and I must get more than 400 hours out of it every year.

I like Gears of War and other cover based shooters 

I like the Dead Money DLC

I like DLC... sometimes

I hate most procedurally generated and "Rouge-like" games

Cod single player is fun and stupid

Ubsoft makes some of my favorite games, I loved them when I was on xbox,

Assassin's Creed 1 is my favorite

I can't get into LoZ:Oot

I like turn based stuff

WoWs mind numbingly boring combat is fun to me

Mortal Kombat: The Move was awesome!

Silverfox likes this

Mortal Kombat: The Move was awesome!

It was.

It also made Kano Australian and gave the series an actual plot that kinda made sense, lol.

Thought that was what a lot of people thought.

Maybe on console, but on PC it was always looked down on as an inferior game to hold us over between BF2 and BF3. Smaller maps, less vehicles and more infantry focused, a dumbed down unlock system (which became the standard, lols), overall it was more like CoD than BF2 and none of my friends would even consider playing with me.

Maybe on console, but on PC it was always looked down on as an inferior game to hold us over between BF2 and BF3. Smaller maps, less vehicles and more infantry focused, a dumbed down unlock system (which became the standard, lols), overall it was more like CoD than BF2 and none of my friends would even consider playing with me.

Guess the forum I was in also plays into it. No one on the G4 forums had anything bad to say about it, not even the PC version. I actually played it on PC too, and the servers I joined usually had over 20 people in it. I wasn't much good in it, but I still had fun with it, more so than Battlefield 3 and 4.

Anyway, another unpopular opinion that I have is that I liked Too Human. But I will agree that at times it told the player "F You!"

Mouse and Keyboard on PC for me as far as FPS goes, is the same as a controller. My personal performance on both control schemes is pretty much the same.

I also liked Emperor: Battle for Dune

Assassins Creed is much better when it sticks to City gameplay rather than ships and exploration. AC4 sets the groundwork for a great Pirates of the Caribbean game, but it's one of the worst AC games.

id agree on the pirates of the carribean game but have to disagree i thought it was a good ac game way better than brotherhood and revolutions due to the story being better the characters were more gripping and ye the boat play was annoying at some times but was cool sailing and seeing all the different ports and how they had there own unique style to them :P

For me:

- Just Cause 2 is boring

- Skyrim is ok but nothing special

- Kingdoms of Amanlur is better than Oblivion and Skyrim

- Diablo 3 is kinda Overrated

- Guild Wars 2 is the best MMO for me while Hellgate Global (former Hellgate London) has the best Combat System

- GTA 4 and 5 are way overrated and lost his Spark. The Golden Times of GTA are over since San Andreas because there are many other Contenders out there that does things better than in GTA.

- Assassins Creed is boring, except for Black Flag. Was fun to play.

- Titanfall is fun for a short time but it gets boring quite soon.

- Destiny is a Overrated Borderlands clone with MMO aspects.

- since S.T.A.L.K.E.R. came out, no other Shooter had the intense amtosfere and replayability that brings me back to play it over and over again.

- Bad Company 2 is still the last good Battlefield game. 

- Toxikk will bring back the good old days "Frag it like it's 1999" Quake 3/UT eSports Competitive Shooter and will put BF, CoD, Titanfall, Destiny and CS GO to shame.

- Mortal Kombat is the only decent "Game to Movie" adaptation.

- Street Fighter is getting boring

- Dragon Age (Origin and Inquisation) looks a lot like Drakensang and i find it boring.

- Game Dev Tycoon is an awesome game.

That's all that came in my mind for now.

Abedsbrother, FlurpDurp and Emphase like this

Speaking of video game to movie transitions, I thought the Prince of Persia movie was alright.

I agree that Mortal Kombat's transition to film was also decent, but only the first movie. 

I do not agree that 30FPS is unplayable, nor that 60FPS is the current standard for games. However I agree that "30FPS is Cinematic" is a bullshit excuse.

When playing on PC, I will prioritize graphics over framerate up to a point.